1000 Ways to Die in GSF!

#46 Realizing at the last moment that you didn't upgrade distortion field on this ship, and you won't dodge the missile

#47 Having to answer the door because the pizza dude showed up mid-way through GSF

#48 Blindly following your comrades in Domination while you destroy the opposition, and too late realizing that the enemy capital ship is firing at you

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#46 Realizing at the last moment that you didn't upgrade distortion field on this ship, and you won't dodge the missile

#47 Having to answer the door because the pizza dude showed up mid-way through GSF

#48 Blindly following your comrades in Domination while you destroy the opposition, and too late realizing that the enemy capital ship is firing at you

I hadn't thought of external stimuli, ask my guildees im a pro at that!

#49 Getting up to deal with kids, coming back to find you forgot to hit x and are now face humping cold hard stone

#50 door to door religion (this happens to me on Saturdays *shakefist*)

#51 And the ever so dreaded "Wife Aggro" which leads to the untimely death of countless pilots.

#57) Rushing to the BR during a BR because that taco bell from last night looked so good this afternoon and you didn't have the self control to say no (or the budget to turn away purchased food).

#58) The cat jumps on the keyboard and nuzzles your mouse as you're firing

#59) Playing music too loudly which drowns out the missile lock indicator noise (But you still "Ain't no holla back gurllll")

#60) Browsing reddit whilst on a bomber in domination and being so engrossed in the online trolls you don't realize the 3 scouts approaching fast

#61) An acute bout of arthritis in your index finger preventing the ability to fire that last shot off at a silly newb

#62) Pretending to be Han Solo flying through the asteroid field in ESB, only to realize that flying through an asteroid isn't supposed to be literal

Edit: #63) Updating the 1000 ways to die thread while in a GSF match....

Edited by SammyGStatus

64. Bumping your keyboard with your mouse and screwing up your maneuvering

65. Your wife plugs her phone into your computer to charge it, leading to a popup that obscures your view completely, leading to crash

66. Being lured out into the exhaustion zone by a target intent on suicide

67. Running out of rockets mid firing pass on a defense turret while low on shields and/or health

#69 - Running out of engine power right before you hit that potentially life-saving powerup in TDM.

#70 - Hitting Boost instead of Engine Ability in an attempt to LOS a missile lock...and then running out of engine power when the LOS doesn't work.

#71 - Running out of laser power in a head-to-head pass.

Strike fighter pilot (this guy) trying to fly a scout and crashing into all the things. Especially when I try to thread the needle.

Also trying to follow my Strike with a Scout when I successfully thread the needle but the over thrusted scout can't break fast enough.

#78-#82 Aquilon-tune solo queues next to a four man, doesn't wait for call, takes pop into wargame against said 4 man premade (he dies five times like this minimum). Edited by Verain

God dammit, it's always Scrab! Be it on his origin EU server or on the NA servers he plays on now - doesn't matter, we've all been served by Scrab.

Scrab reloading means dying on purpose to reload your secondaries. Not Scrab killing you.

Scrab reloading means dying on purpose to reload your secondaries. Not Scrab killing you.

Huh I never do that. I just use my burst lasers when I run out of missles. Then if or when I get killed is when I reload. Huh never really thought to die on purpose to reload...

Scrab doesn't die on purpose to reload (AFAIK), it's just a joke because someone said that on the forums.

#83- You press the wrong strafe button near a satellite and the game engine decides you hit it going very slowly and take minimal hull damage, but it ALSO decides that you hit it going very slowly and take minimal hull damage 1000 times in a second and explode.

#84- What was that, an antennae?

#85- Can't spell Power Dive without D-I-E

• 2 weeks later...

2.8 necro edition!

#86 Allowing yourself to be interdicted (flailing in place while Interdiction Mine and Interdiction Missile gimp you to death)

#87 Death by 5+ simultaneous Slug Railgun hits (Sine everyone is leveling a T3 atm)

#88 Forgetting to press Snap Turn while trying to make someone else crash (by boosting toward something)

#89 Forgetting that DO is fixed, and standing in place expecting bombers to instantly explode

Edited by DamascusAdontise

#91 Forgetting to use Charged Plating when attacked, thinking I still had Shield Projector on my Minelayer.

#92 Killing Shayd. He will hunt you to death and beyond.

#93 Flying inside the central destroyer on Lost Shipyards TDM map and getting stuck in it slowly dying from multiple collisions.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

#94 - Inappropriately-placed superstructure pylons.

#95 - The one guy who wasn't fooled by your quick duck into a ship's superstructure and is waiting for you at the other end.

#96 - The other guy who wasn't fooled by your quick duck into a ship's superstructure, followed you in, and lit your six up like some kind of a damn hero.

#97 - The inappropriately-placed superstructure pylon you flew into after you flew through the smoke cloud of the person you followed into the ship's superstructure. See what being a damn hero gets you.