1000 Ways to Die in GSF!

So for schnitz n giggles I challenge you all (forumites) to come up with short, simple, stupid ways to die in GSF. (1000 would be cool but I wonder how many we will actually get... this is not a personal challenge mind you, give others a chance as well)

On a side note, if you read one of these and it is something you do.... then STOP DOING THAT! :D

*Ahem* this is not a debate about game mechanics, don't make me lose what little faith left I have in humanity ;)

Stupid Ways to Die in GSF!

# 1 Flying straight at someone shooting, while they have DF active

(for those that don't know, they will simply evade most if not all of your shots for the duration. Run away from them for a few seconds or save your weapon power for when it drops)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#6 Barrel rolling into obstacles.

#7 Weaving through the narrow gap in the sat fins before you roll so that your wings don't hit.

#8 Forgetting that you changed your optimal mastered ship build into an odd experimental build with components that you haven't spent any req on, and flying as if you were in your mastered build.

#9 Shifting Directional Shields so that the side of your ship that isn't getting shot at has maximum protection.

Edited by Ramalina

#10 - Flying head-on at a charging gunship.

#11 - Flying more than 500m from a Bomber's butt.

#12 - Getting lost while evading bad guys on a Domination map and meeting the Turret Gunners that aren't picketing for better dental coverage.

#13 Using a hyperspace beacon that someone put WAY TOO UP A SATELLITE'S BUSINESS (this happened to me this morning).

13a) or a beacon placed directly in front of a rock wall. Happened to me last week in a TDM; I think the opposing team scored 4-5 self-destructs due entirely to that horrible positioning. Chat afterwards was not pretty.

#14) not moving far enough away from a sat/turret before hitting snap turn.

#15) not noticing that rail gun drone that's just outside my emp field radius.

have managed to do everything that's on this list at one time or another - :o - glad to see I'm not alone.

and #10? still do it from time to time... kinda fun to see an unseasoned GS pilot run instead of shoot.

rather embarrassing when I realized (to late) it was a pro.

awesome thread btw, thx

Edited by magecutter

18 - Retro thrusting right off capital ship thinking you had barrel roll instead

19 - Grabbing speed power-up and hitting the wall 1 sec afterward.

20 - Flying into the exhaustion zone

21 - Misclicking window allowing yourself to crash into the nearest asteroid

22 - Frozen lag in mid pursuit. Sitting there with a "Here kill me now sign."

23 - Crashing into the force fields around Sat C(old days)

24 - Going into gated entrances in Kuat Mesa.

Edited by wvwraith

#25 parking your ship in combat for ANY reason. (non-GS)

#26 power dive into the capital when spawning thinking you have barrel roll

#27 Alt-tabbing to a web browser when you're bored of sitting on a satellite.

#28 in windowed fullscreen mode, having your cursor get stuck on your other monitor while executing a turn.

:jawa_mad:

#29 Going head to head against anything with a dmg overcharge.

#30 Ignoring missile lock thinking you have your break available while it's really on cooldown.

#31 Switching ships and forgetting that you don't have distortion shields anymore.

#32 Using a gunship with only missiles and no rail guns. (It's not very practical but actually rather fun)

#34 Panic Barrel rolling on your gunship straight toward a solid object while spamming right click thinking you'll definitely be able to stop, and scream at the screen COME ON when you don't. Edited by Drakkolich

35. Crashing to desktop in the last 30 seconds of a Victory because instead of pausing when your video card acts blitzy you decide you can squeeze in JUST ONE MORE KILL :o

36. Checking to see if the blue criss cross force fields can be flown through by flying at them full speed (daughter did this one).

Edited by Slinktress

38) Opening a window because your co-pilot farted *decompression*

Also counts for real life windows making you a sitting duck in case people don't think the above counts.

Edited by Lyshar

#34 Panic Barrel rolling on your gunship straight toward a solid object while spamming right click thinking you'll definitely be able to stop, and scream at the screen COME ON when you don't.

This. So much this.

40) Trying to break a missile lock in a GS using disto field...then realizing you're not in the T1 GS, you're in the T2, and all you did was shift your directional shield arc