Crew skills need revisiting

Nataph

I have all crew skills available on my characters and find that some crew skills needs to be reviewed by the developers and see how they can make them viable once more.

Artifice.. making dyes isnt all the important when you can get dyes through the cartel.

.. crystals are really not worth making since you can get cartel crystals at lvl 10 with 55 lvl stats.

Armstech... yes they have 4 augments but after that not much more. Investigation is worthless really. I have over 100 450 investigation missions yet i have no use for them. Armstech can make some offhands but in the world of mods, purple offhands at lvl 54 isn't all the great.

I can say that Cybertech has droid parts/grenades.. but sometimes the armor/mods arent worth it since you can go to Oricon and get quest completed armor at the same level.

Synthweaving.. other than augments, it has no real value. even with purple gear in lower level.

Armormech.. again, augments but the gear with cartel armor.

Bioanalysis is still great to be honest.

hope others have good solutions to the problem that i think exist. The cartel market has suffocated much of the crew skills. I know there is some markets as I am sure many will say. But i play the market as well and find expired items in my mailbox plenty of times.

Ive made suggestions here in the past. Here is my long list of proposed changes.

I would like to make some suggestions to increase the viability of each profession. I will not list Biochem because that seems to have some teeth, but it's the only profession that appears to have any traction in this game. Some of the suggestions are trade window requests...in this case you would add a mechanic that would allow a player to place an item in the trade window to be boosted, sliced or converted, the other player can do the deed, and then only accept the trade once a tip is applied.

The other option is to allow players to simply convert any piece of armor to a schematic for a identical empty slot Orange adaptable gear item.

Armormech

I would suggest you allow Armormechs to convert any piece of heavy or medium gear to empty slot Orange gear. They would be able to do this in a trade window OR just convert armor and post it on the GTN. Can also repair heavy or medium armor, and strengthen armor to resist damage ( Called Reinforce, makes armor impervious to damage, only medium or heavy armor, one hour resistance, no damage even in death) Can also install dye slots on armor.

Armstech

This profession would benefit from the ability to modify weapons (with the exception of lightsabers) with temporary boosts to output, an ability called Overdrive. The effect would last for, say, one hour, and would increase damage output by 10 percent. Boost would not work in PVP. Again, allow the boost to be applied in a trade window.

Artifice

I would ask that you allow this trade to temporarily boost lightsabers in the same manner that Armstech can boost other weapons, and also the ability to permanently modify crystals to add a small boost to its current stats. 1 percent, always at least one point. Same trade window ability. Can also install dye slots in crystals that can hold primary or secondary dye sets, and manufacture dyes that can be used to change gear colors.

Cybertech

This trade would benefit from the ability to modify/boost mods of all types, 1 percent, always at least one point. In the case where more than one stat is available the application is random. This would be a permanent modification. I would also suggest that they be allowed to set a piece of armor to allow mod extraction one time with no cost. They would enable the free extraction in the window, and then the player would have 1 hour to remove the mods for free...after that the cost resets to normal. Can also install dye slots on speeders.

Synthweaving

I would like to see synthweaving allowed to convert any piece of light gear to empty slot Orange gear. They would also, like Armormechs, be able to do this in a trade window OR just convert armor and post it on the GTN. Can also repair light armor, and fortify armor to resist damage (only light armor, one hour resistance, no damage even in death). Can also install dye slots on armor.

Now for the gathering and odd skills.

Archeology - Ability to boost relics, 1 percent, at least one point.

Bioanalysis - Give boost to health regen rate, in combat and out, 10 percent, and instant full health self-revive buff, good for 24 hours, one 24 hour use. Not usable in PVP.

Scavenging - Ability to modify any armor piece to allow recoloring, any color, color choice is permanent after 1 hour. Could start system with just chest recoloring for now. Also boost to gathering rate by increasing gathering results for one hour.

Slicing - Ability to slice any weapon or armor to increase stats. Slice can provide from 1 to 10 percent boost to ALL stats, armor becomes bound, slice will fail if armor drops below 50 percent condition. 1% chance to slice to one higher quality item.

Treasure Hunting - Ability to boost loot quality for one hour. Increased chance to get higher quality drops from general mobs, does not include bosses or FP/Operations/Heroics, nor mission rewards.

Underworld Trading - Ability to gain a 10 percent boost in payout from all items sold to vendors, and a 10 percent cut in costs to purchase items and train for one hour. Also a boost to credit payout from standard missions for one hour.

Diplomacy - Ability to boost dark or light side payout by 10 percent for one hour, 5 percent XP boost for one hour. Boosts do not apply to FP/Operations but do apply to missions.

Side note: Colors would be Primary and extended only...Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Black and White.

I would like to add a few suggestions to change how crafting works. I have already suggested legacy perks to reduce crafting time and/or increase critical results so I will not list those items here.

I would like to suggest that you allow crewmembers that are marked as idle (a setting you would choose) to go on bulk qued quests. A box would pop up, allowing you to que a number of quests (I suggest six) that you could send your companion on, one after another. You would have to pay up front for all of the quests.

The other suggestion would be to allow a hold box, similar to your hold box for your Cartel Market, that can hold crafting results. This way we would not get our bags filled with the crafting and mission results.

Remember, I left out Biochem because that profession doesn't seem to need any help.

I've been thinking about this for a while....what ways would work, if any, to boost crafting speed and critical chance. I suppose one could run the normal gambit...perhaps buffs, or clothing that would help. But I think that's pretty tired.

I'd like to look at help from legacy and perhaps in game locations.

First, how about a helping hand from legacy?

Legacy based crafting boosts - Unlocks that can be purchased, at certain legacy levels, that can improve crafting time, amount of queued crafted items and critical chance. I would suggest three unlocks. The benefit of the unlock would increase as affection increases.

1) Crafter level 1 - Ability to craft up to 1/2/4 additional items per crew member in crafting que based on affection level.

2) Crafter level 2 - Reduces crafting time by 10/25/50 percent based on affection level.

3) Crafter level 3 - Increases critical chance by 10/20/40 percent for blue items, 5/10/20 percent for purple items based on affection level.

Now, how about in game locations? I was wondering if the usefulness of workstations, as well as certain areas in the world may be used to give natural crafting boosts....

Workstation - Allows you to craft 1 additional item in que per companion.

Workstation on Home planet - Provides a 5 percent reduction in crafting time in addition to normal workstation bonus.

Workstation on Fleet station - Provides a 5 percent boost to critical chance across the board, in addition to normal home planet and workstation bonus.

This would give folks that have interest in "hands on" crafting, especially when trying to grind out blue or purple schems a bit of a boost depending on where they are located.

Any thoughts folks have on this would be appreciated....do you think it would be a good addition to the game, and do you have any ideas as to how those bonuses could and should be applied?

Thanks for your time.

I made a post some time back like this, but I cant find it?

It was similar to these suggestions, but I highly disagree about cybertech, its the best crew skill bar none for utility, and I advise all new players to pick it up first.

It was a while ago, but one of my suggestions where the ability to make green quality companion armour packs at 5 level increments, with full 7 pieces crafted and sold as a single item.

I made a post some time back like this, but I cant find it?

It was similar to these suggestions, but I highly disagree about cybertech, its the best crew skill bar none for utility, and I advise all new players to pick it up first.

It was a while ago, but one of my suggestions where the ability to make green quality companion armour packs at 5 level increments, with full 7 pieces crafted and sold as a single item.

Yea, just like they are sold from the CM packs sometimes, dropping in packs of three or four pieces.

Yea, just like they are sold from the CM packs sometimes, dropping in packs of three or four pieces.

Exactly, and who can make them can be decided and distributed among the crafting professions whose utility has been most affected by changes since release.

Not only would this be a nice boost for the professions, its just a great addition to the game, particularly for newer players, as it would make gearing their companions so much easier, in turn raising their level of enjoyment.

I would like to suggest that you allow crewmembers that are marked as idle (a setting you would choose) to go on bulk qued quests. A box would pop up, allowing you to que a number of quests (I suggest six) that you could send your companion on, one after another. You would have to pay up front for all of the quests.

The other suggestion would be to allow a hold box, similar to your hold box for your Cartel Market, that can hold crafting results. This way we would not get our bags filled with the crafting and mission results.

I like both of these ideas, however I would suggest instead of a hold box, just have all items from gathering missions go directly to your cargo hold. Would also be nice to have an option to choose for an auto accept for gathering missions. It would still give you a message that companion has completed mission, same way it does each time a comp completes a crafted item.