Ideas

RayGonJinn

I wanted SWTOR to be a game I would never have to stop playing. One thing that I began to really wanted in this game was a chance to one day become UNIQUE. Not like the next vigilance guardian. It’s time for SWTOR to implement a new skill tree for each class (There's still a handful of Lightsaber forms not yet in the game & It’s only 8 classes, is my $15 dollars worth it or not?) Along with the 4th skill tree SWTOR should give a passive skill point with the finding of datacrons. Yes, that would mean that players would have more skill points than they have levels, this isn't new to video games. Enable players to input a passive skill point into passive abilities from available class skill trees. Have that mechanic just like it is right now where you have to input enough passive points into 1 tier before the next tier opens up and grey out abilities if they don't thave the skill points for abilities. It gives each player a chance to be unique with their characters, instead of all Guardians being the same, or all Sorcs being the same. SWTOR has basically told me I can only be 1 of three things as a guardian, and I’m not unique player at all. When things get predictable things get boring.

It’s time for new species, SWTOR should have added at least 5 more species (Cathar, Togruta, Rodian, Devaronian, Kaleesh, Nautolan, Trandoshan) since launch (that's more than 2 1/2 yrs ago, 1 new species every 3-6 months) and I believe that’s very reasonable. It’s time to implement more planets (For example: Kashyyyk, Manaan, Dantooine, etc). They can just be 50-55 daily planets in the beginning for all I care, add more content to them later, at least they are there. Every 6 months I should be able to anticipate a new planet. Is my $15 a month not worth it? It’s also time to give Mandalorians the rank they deserve in the game. They went from beating the Republic into retreat to a fly being swatted in SWTOR.

Create an Operation to battle Mandalore and the mandalorians. Also create an endurance type operation. This isn’t the usual “Tank & Spank” or wacked out mechanics fight. For example, Mandalore is back and his ships have surrounded a lone Republic or Imperial battle ship. In the bombardment the Republic or Imp cruiser was ensnared by an enemy ship and can’t make the jump to hyper speed. The ops group must defend the ship by holding back strong waves of various Mandalorian battle soldiers. Then make their way to the Mandalorian ship where they have to find the ensnaring device and disable it. Mobs can be defeated but Boss’s cannot be defeated (like an ops dummy that fights back and hurt a lot.) after the ops endures the boss for about 7-10 mins they escape to another part of the ship where they get their boss reward and continue to the next part of the operation. Continue with various endurance mechanics 2-3 more times until it’s time for the ship to escape and make jump to hyperspace.

Implement PVE Boss's into PvP. For Example, When Warlord gear, Explosive Conflict operations, the planet Denova, & Kephess arrived. PvE players shouldn't have had to be the only one to experience Kephess and PvP players shouldn't have had to go into a raid to experience Kephess. Kephess should have also made an appearance in Novare Coast. He could be at South cap point in the beginning of the game and his mechaninc should attack both Republic & Impire Players, switching to a different player between the factions every 10 seconds until he retreats @ 50% giving the imps & Pubs a chance to fight for the cap point. After South or whatever is captured, Kephess returns and and can be defeated. The player with the killing blow on Kephess could get evtra commendations or something. THIS IS STAR WARS! c'mon

The splash screens should also rotate. The Galactic Starfighter Screen is getting on my nerves. I don't even like GSF. I love the original splash screen. If I can't have the first splash screen, make them rotate, or give me no splash screen. Let me know if I shouldn't expect such changes so I can go enjoy another game. I'm not trying to because I want to enjoy SWTOR, but your gonna force me to go.

I because I want to enjoy SWTOR, but your gonna force me to go.

I will respond to your post but I am going to quote this line. SWTOR is not forcing you to do anything. You choose how you want to spend your money and what you choose to enjoy. Now most of your ideas are in fact decent except for the skill trees. Adding passive skills or adding new skills, is a a large undertaking because it requires working out how to keep the classes as balanced as possible.

I personally feel that the way they go about the skills is pretty good although I admit some variety would also be nice.Your operation ideas are nice too, I would not mind revisiting the planet Dxun and fighting a rouge Mandalore. Also your Endurance operations sounds fun too.

No and no. PVE bosses should NEVER be part of PVP. The play styles are separate for a reason. I do not want to fight the empire just to fight Kephess.

I understand what you are saying about being unique but the truth is MMO's don't really allow for uniqueness other than dress. I think in that regard a single player game might be better suited.

Edited by theUndead

No and no. PVE bosses should NEVER be part of PVP. The play styles are separate for a reason. I do not want to fight the empire just to fight Kephess.

That's just it... you won't be fighting players to fight Kephess. At 1 point of the match Imps and Pubs fight together to get rid of Kephess. Since his mechanic would attack both Imps and Pubs at the same time he wouldn't grant an advantage to either team. He wouldn't have have 2 mill worth of hit points to chop at, more like 75-100k, but he'd hit like a truck. There would be no fight this mob or that mod, or take some zip line up to deliver a bomb, it's straight Pounding on Kephess until he retreats. Sounds like a no no to you but in Novare, South can get taken pretty quick. My idea is better than the no content they're releasing now, just saying...