DPS question

As long as you aren't screwing up your heat management and are following some semblance of a rotation (given the abilities you have), you're probably fine. That said, below L35-36+ I don't see much point in going Arsenal over Pyro. The main things to look at while leveling are when you get your energy management and either strong abilities or procs to reset CDs, since you're going to have fewer abilities than a 55. Arsenal gets energy management just a touch later, and more importantly, doesn't quickly get any great abilities or resets, just buffs to things that you won't have yet or will be on normal CDs. Whereas with Pyro you have both energy management (Superheated Rail) and an ability CD reset (PPA) by 25. At that point I might go ahead and grab Stabilizers from Arsenal for pushback if doing any PVP or not using a tank companion, then up to Rain of Fire in Pyro, then maybe back to Arsenal for Ironsights.

By 25 you can do most of a Pyro rotation, which I'll take over something that sorta resembles an Arsenal rotation.

By 25 you can do most of a Pyro rotation, which I'll take over something that sorta resembles an Arsenal rotation.

I agree. Pyro comes into it's own at level 25. All the skill points that come after that help increase damage done, but don't affect heat management.

Arsenal is gimped until 37 when you can finish unlocking Barrage.

Edited by Khevar