Is it safe to assume...

Lovethebeard

That KYD, Korriban Incursion, Assault on Tython and the new flashpoint coming in 2.9 will be converted to Hard-modes for 3.0? Or will we never see a HM for these awesome flashpoints :rak_02:

It's always safe to assume, doesn't mean it will happen but it's not bad thinking.

It would be nice...

With all these tacticals and the addition of Bolster to ALL THE THINGS, I think EAWare is heading in a direction away from challenging content. It's too bad, because the best content they have is the challenging stuff. I'm sure they can bring in more money with "click X to win", however.

It would be nice...

With all these tacticals and the addition of Bolster to ALL THE THINGS, I think EAWare is heading in a direction away from challenging content. It's too bad, because the best content they have is the challenging stuff. I'm sure they can bring in more money with "click X to win", however.

I think there's a difference between having it set up so there is a version of things that is easy enough for everyone to see (which is probably a good idea since they've made group content like Flashpoints and Operations necessary parts of the main, ongoing storylines) and "heading in a direction away from challenging content."

NiM Operations are still around and being released for those looking for challenging gameplay (and even Hard Modes aren't Bolstered).

And while I agree that they've gone a bit too long since we last saw a new Hard Mode Flashpoint, I think OP is right: they're just holding back on them until they raise the level cap in 3.0 so there are enough level 60 (presumably) HMs ready to go, the same way they held back on HMs for Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders, etc, until 2.0.

Both Czerka FPs came out tactical first then HM followed after.

The HM was released along with the tactical version, they were not in separate patches.

And while I agree that they've gone a bit too long since we last saw a new Hard Mode Flashpoint, I think OP is right: they're just holding back on them until they raise the level cap in 3.0 so there are enough level 60 (presumably) HMs ready to go, the same way they held back on HMs for Hammer Station, Mandalorian Raiders, etc, until 2.0.

This is my guess as well.

yeah since if they released more flashpoints and more ops now, then they would have to just rework them later to bring them up to scale and that would be a bigger waste of time and resources than just waiting and only doing it once.

Even if they did make HM versions, they'd be the exact same FPs. I'd rather they spend their time making new, not tweaking old.

true but as Dymond pointed out with the level cap increase coming they might just be holding back stuff so that way they won't have to tweak it all and scale it back up later and so they can all get it released at one time. Not saying this is the case, but it is a reasonable theory.

true but as Dymond pointed out with the level cap increase coming they might just be holding back stuff so that way they won't have to tweak it all and scale it back up later and so they can all get it released at one time. Not saying this is the case, but it is a reasonable theory.

Reasonable, I agree. And it would be the prudent thing to do imo. I just wish they weren't so secretive and they could give players something to look forward to other than housing...

Even if they did make HM versions, they'd be the exact same FPs. I'd rather they spend their time making new, not tweaking old.

They should do both really.

I love the old stuff like The Foundry or False Emperor but I have no reason to run them nowadays, as far as Commendations are concerned and PUGS are just way too painful at times... Yet another drawback.

Again, tweak the old and craft anew. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked