A reply to the devs question on Sage/Sorc Heals in PvP - ideas

FerreusSteelTip

If thats what you want, go roll a scoundrel....

I don't want the play style of a scoundrel on my sage. Playstyle is fine, just needs tweaking for ranked pvp utility.

I have all 3 heal classes at 55..so you're comment was pointless...please stop trying to be crass against another suggestion.

It's called suggestions for a reason...I'm more than willing to debate...but the fact that scuop can constantly spam instant heals is the reason they are the best....

I like some of your ideas...and I agree a different play-style would be nice...

see how that works :)

Edited by masih_ad_dajjal

I used to be a sage healer in pvp. I responded to the present situation in the only logical way. I levelled a DPS jugg and a scoundrel.

More constructively, as someone else said, it's still not bad in 8-man wz, the problem is arenas. As a previous poster said, the issue is very simple. Scoundrels have instant heals. They know their heal will go off, and they can keep on the move. That's why scoundrels are better.

What I would try, is to make the sage 'unshakeable' while casting deliverance. That is, immune to stuns, knockbacks and interrupts during casting. That would make that ability useable in pvp, and would give them a go-to move for getting a heal off under pressure.

The sage would still be able to be damaged during this time, he wouldn't be able to move, and would still be vulnerable to the target dying before the heal landed. I think that would be less likely to be unbalanced than, say, some sort of additional instant heal.

If you want to be super cautious, give the unshakable effect a 10 sec internal cooldown, so the sage can't just spam the ability without interruption.

Sorcs in normal Warzones are absolutely fine, I can hit high heals no problem. The baseline problem for sorcs in RANKED PvP is that we cant hit effective heals on the run, and our best Defense cooldown is a self stun. This is basically what it comes down to. I have absolutely no problems what's so ever in Warzones managing my force with Consumption. Adding a set bonus to make Consumption not require Hit points will make them just better healers in general (But very over powered for any skilled Sorcerer/Sage who can manage their Force) but, still leaving the base problem: Sorcerers cant hit heals on the run. If you just look at the skill tree of the Mercenary and Operative, all their abilities that they can acquire via skill tree are instant casts. While the abilities a sorc/sage gets are channeled (besides Resurgence, which is mainly only useful for the proc). Does this make them Underpowered? In PVE Absolutely not, in PVP where people have interrupts? It can present a problem. In a 4v4 heals on the move are vital. Nerfing Mercenaries or Operatives is not the answer. But again, any major buff could ultimately leave Sorcerers Overpowered in PVE content. All sorcerers need is either a more reliable Defensive Cooldown. Or the possibility of somehow getting a OCCASIONAL instant cast on a Dark heal/Dark Infusion while running, perhaps the proc is activated whenever you use Force Speed or something. (or any other proc for that matter) I honestly have no idea how exactly to implement these into the healer skill tree, but it is very well needed if a Sorceror/Sage ever wants to be choosen to do Ranked over our Mercenary/Commando or Operative/Scoundrel counterparts.

i've a sage healer, i'm fine as i am now. i know that if i do ranked i'll be focused and eventually die first..but if my team is good, i can handle it until one of the enemies dies and we win despite of te omg sage healer.

most important, do whatever you want with set bonuses etc. but leave alone my heals priority.

btw..rejuvenate and one tick of healing trance is a good 6k hp, spammed with a less than a second pause in kiting..in arenas you can easily afford a couple of mental alacrity + benevolence spam

MY op heal will destroy your sorc heal in a rank wz...there is no doubt..

In regs...I did 1.6mil today with my sage in a full VS and was 500k above the next highest heal...I'm very proud of that...so yeah they ok in reg.

But pvp'ers like competition and ratings...and sorc is terrible in yolo as a heal..madness arguably the only viable spec without a tank/heal.

Borrowing from the most successful MMO of all time isn't a terrible thing.

I have two suggestions taken from WoW, one borrowing from shaman and one borrowing from Priests.

First, I'd let Polarity Shift also allow you to cast while on the move for 10 seconds. Second, I'd create a new skill that acts like Prayer of Mending.

POM is an insta cast spell that heals the next time someone is damaged and "hops" to another party/raid member who is damaged healing them upon next receiving damage for 5 charges. Have each charge heal for like 4k damage and POM have a cooldown of say 20-30 seconds so you can't spam it.

i've a sage healer, i'm fine as i am now. i know that if i do ranked i'll be focused and eventually die first..but if my team is good, i can handle it until one of the enemies dies and we win despite of te omg sage healer.

most important, do whatever you want with set bonuses etc. but leave alone my heals priority.

btw..rejuvenate and one tick of healing trance is a good 6k hp, spammed with a less than a second pause in kiting..in arenas you can easily afford a couple of mental alacrity + benevolence spam

The biggest problem with this scenario is that if someones shield time hasn't run out or it burst early you may have up to 10 sec left before you can cast your next one...and after rejuvenate/resurgence + 1 tick of healing trance/innervate..you have nothing left in your arsenal but to attempt a cast for the next 6 sec (all it takes is a leap or interrupt to stop those if you used PS/MA in last 2 min)...that is a long time to wait for only 6k heals considering with my op heal I am casting some heal every GCD.

Edited by masih_ad_dajjal

Another thought, what about creating separation. They seem to want us to kite, heal, kite, heal.... I'm ok with this, as it creates some kind of skill cap. So working with this idea, what about adding to the weaken mind talent in our tree. Targets affected are not only slowed but can't leap to target either. That way we can create separation from melee giving us precious moments to get heals off. LOS'ing range has never been a problem thanks to force speed, this would give us a tool to deal with melee. The WM talent is already high enough in the tree, so the dps sages can't use it and it wouldn't affect pve in any way shape or form....

They leap in, in the middle of all the chaos that happens there after we apply weaken mind, force speed away and continue to heal as they slowly chase us.

Or, targets within the area of our quake are affected by a slow as well.... creating more separation. Kite, heal, kite, heal..... Mass slows for everyone!!

I don't think these ideas will change our "style" of healing but add to the mechanics already in place, without making us op.

Thoughts?