Companion Accuracy

Devilhanzou

So I took my Lord Scourge and Kira Down to Basically 90 Melee Accuracy and while running Parsec (Combat Log Parser), I did the Log View with a Filter of just the companions name. I noticed they never missed, in 36 kills for Lord Scourge , simply sending him in and letting him kill the targets he missed 1 time, Kira out of 20 fights I have yet to see any misses. A couple parries but that is it. Any ideas about this, has everyone always known this (Disclaimer: I was sick and missed about a year of SWTOR so these are things I have noticed since being back in between Raid Runs) Well just curious about this, and any ideas about alacrity on Companions in particular DOC? My doc is in 180,168 gear and I stack Cunning, Power, Surge, And Some Crit Rating but no Alacrity because of the Companions Global Cooldown. Just curious of other peoples thoughts about the accuracy and alacrity?

DevilHanzou

Shadowlands-Shadowed

I don't touch Alacrity on comps because everything they do is gated by a hard CD, not resources. I'm not even sure what Alacrity does for companions.

The Accuracy stuff is very interesting, though. Is your character Accuracy capped? Is it possible that Comps inherit your chance to hit, instead of using their own?

A few other considerations:

• Level difference between Comp & enemies
  • Enemy status (Operations Dummy? Standards? etc)

That's actually a fairly small sample size too (indicative, but small). Something like having Kira or Scourge attack a 55 Operations Dummy for say, 10-15 minutes+ while you read Twitter or something and then checking the logs would provide a more concrete example.

Edited by SW_display_name

I usually strive to have DPS companions with over 92% Accuracy. Why?

I have absolutely no idea to be honest. :o

Other than that, I hardly pay any attention whatsoever to Accuracy.

When it comes to Alacrity, I always try to have Healer companions hitting 3% on that one, since it does help for channeled abilities. Whether it would be more useful to have other stats such as Power, Surge or whatever is probably a fun idea to play with but again, not one I'd dwell onto.

One thing I do try to avoid: Having Tank and DPS companions using enhancements with Alacrity on them; Always get this feeling I'm doing something wrong or being a n00b for the sake of being one.

I actually don't care what my companions wear tanks get tanky stuff dps get power stuff and healers get alacrity stuff

I pity your companions. :(

My wish is that they rise up, discard their silly AI and have your entrails strewn across the Galaxy.

I pity your companions. :(

My wish is that they rise up, discard their silly AI and have your entrails strewn across the Galaxy.

If solo content was harder and actually required you to gear your companions as indepth as yourself, I would do more then put them in tanky , dps or healer pieces.

At least they look good doing it.

What were you fighting? You put points into accuracy to overcome the accuracy reduction of elites (5%) or bosses (10%). If you were just fighting regular trash, then no, you don't need any accuracy at all.

What were you fighting? You put points into accuracy to overcome the accuracy reduction of elites (5%) or bosses (10%). If you were just fighting regular trash, then no, you don't need any accuracy at all.

You know what I guess I had a brain dead moment I didn't even think off that fact I was just sending them in to kill Oricon daily mobs. Well that was my dumb@ss moment for the week lol. I just get bored between raids sometimes so its fun to see what u can do with companions once geared, ive done all the pre-rise of hut flashpoints with Doc healing for the group except last Lost Island Boss. Got pass droid but not him, and I have used Lord Scourge on all but lost Island pre-hutt as well since I got sick right before its release. Anyway just an idea for end game players looking for something to do with those ultimate and elite comms. 2 Watchmen with a well geared Doc and Lord Scourge can Rock some HM Flashpoints.