Sentinel or Shadow

swiftfly

Story wise, I've heard that the Counselor story is pretty boring. Personally I really liked the JK story.

In PVE, shadow dps is a bit on the low end but they make good tanks, while sentinels have 3 builds that can compete for top dps.

In PvP, they're both pretty good right now, although I'd say shadow might have an edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you are going for DPS (if tank question is not really necessary, because, no, Tanktinels are not tanks)

PvE Sentinel by far. They have burstspec with comparable sustained damage, very high parsing sustained spec and burst/AoE spec

Shadows have strong burstspec with bad sustained damage and DoT spec

with decent sustained damage but no burst.

I cannot say about PvP

Edited for typo

Edited by Adaliaya

If you want to do endgame PvE content as DPS, I'd say go for Sentinel. It has one of the best burst speccs in the game and the sustained specc also puts out some pretty nice numbers too.

If you PvP - both are in a good place. Infiltration Shadows have great opening burst out of stealth as well as taunts, so it's virtually impossible to not get 8+ medals in a match. And all 3 Sentinel speccs are viable in PvP (Watchman is being buffed in 2.8 - so that'll probably end up as the FOTM class for a lot of people.)