Remembering Star Wars Galaxies, and why I loved it.

ODST-Parker

Community has nothing to do with a game. It has to do with people. I played SWG right after the change and even though is was okay there were people in the community that are like people here. I have found some wonderful people on this game as well.

The problem I had was basically the time frame that game was set up for. It was supposed to be when Jedi were hunted so Jedi should not have been that common to see but yet it was. To me that never made sense if you are basing it off a time period where Jedi were hunted and rare then why make it so easy to have Jedi walking around with no trouble?

Totally agree with you about the Jedi thing but that only came into being because a lot of kids were kicking and screaming that they wanted faster access to the Jedi class and didn't want to do the very long grind to unlock it, So they brought out the patch/change which ended up with everyone having a Jedi but before that Jedi were very rare because to unlock the class was hard.

Edited by Dysehunter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you would of played SWG for any length of time you would understand that this games devs should of taken some more notes from it.

Yes at the time SWG was good and even if it did start up again I doubt I would touch it as it's in the past now but the content and the freedom that the game allowed was far beyond what we can do in this game which is what I was trying to get across which was obviously wasted on the likes of you.

It doesn't matter that it's set in a different time frame, Does that mean we should have more of a locked down game and a lot more restrictions in place ?

Anyway I was replying to the OP, If you don't like a particular subject like SWG for example then no one is forcing you to post a reply, Simply go away.

No you go away. You right I don't like it, I am sick to death of it. These forums are for SWTOR do you understand? Not a game that does NOT exist anymore. Also does it ever occur to you that some people do not actually like sandbox games? I mean honestly, way to over emphasise one aspect of the game.

Really the likes of me? Nice attempt at an insult right there, so tell me what exactly is the likes of me? A person who disagrees with the love of SWG? A person who is sick of death of the constant love threads about it? Or a person who has a different opinion. Pick one.

I stand by what I said and it was proven to me yet again, you fans are seriously the most fanatical I have ever met and dare anyone who has a dissenting opinion to you. So again let me reiterate, SWTOR is billed as a different game therefore it is unfair to make direct comparisons because when you fans like you do so, they are never done constructively.

You don't like my opinion? Fine but don't tell me to go away just because you don't like it.

I too miss SWG, and it's STARSIDER server.

I played the game from the beginning until the end. I played the game through it's good times, and bad times, and good times again. Star Wars Galaxies was a messed up game not because of SoE, but because of Lucas Arts. It was Lucas Arts that pushed for Jedi to be more accessible in SWG for the games "Combat Upgrade" when it was SoE that opposed that move. I know this because at the time I had a good friend who worked for Lucas Trademark and Licensing (LTL). It was Lucas Arts that was the force behind the NGE, in order to make Star Wars Galaxies compete with World of Warcraft. And when the NGE failed, it Lucas Arts who bailed on Star Wars Galaxies, and very quickly announced the making of a new Star Wars MMO. And please remember that Lucas Arts also went by EU lore and not the lore of the original Star Wars movies, which was something people to this day have hard time understanding. In the end, it was Lucas Arts who played the largest role in the failure of Star Wars Galaxies.

I will also add a couple last things. I always told others who said SWtOR would be everything that SWG wasn't, that they were not going to be happy, and that they were two different types of games , yet that always ended with me being called a hater, or a troll. I really enjoy SWtOR. It does things SWG didn't do. But SWtOR isn't s sandbox. It doesn't have the absolute freedom SWG had on the ground and in space, and it's the freedom of SWG and it's Star Wars setting that I so miss.

The problem that has caused this situation is that there have been countless thread constantly complaining that SWTOR isn't like SWG from the beginning. I liked SWG but never did I expect SWTOR to ever be like SWG. I knew that from the beginning and accepted that.

Some of the ones I play with played SWG but they also like SWTOR and they didn't expect it to be like SWG either. But there have been others in the last 2 to 2 1/2 years that have complained in these forums why can't SWTOR be like SWG and didn't listen when everyone tried to explain they were different games.

Yes you can like SWG but what the players from SWG need to accept and realize that this will never be nor was it intended to be like SWG. Does that make SWTOR bad? No, just very different.

There are quite a number of SWG people I have read in the forums that I cringe when I see them posting like they do. They sometimes make me not want to say I played SWG because of their behavior.

So a lot of people like undead have had to deal with this from day one and I can understand why he and people like him have grown tired of it.

It is one thing to like SWG and miss some things that SWG had and wish for a few of the items that SWG had but to expect SWTOR to be like SWG when it was never stated it would be like that and when you tried to tell that to people you are yelled at or called names just because you know this game was never meant to be like SWG.

Listen, Your obviously an idiot, You come into a thread about SWG, Then start telling people to shut up about SWG and when someone asks you to stop moaning you can't take it and throw a hissy fit like a little girl who's parents won't buy her a barbie doll.

Delete your character/s, Unsub from the game, Switch off your computer and go away.

No. If you actually read my reply I asked you what constitutes a person with "a likes of you". I do find it funny how you have to resort to such petty insults just because you don't like what I have to say. Here is the thing, until a mod tells me I can't post I will post what I want when I want to. So suck it up princess.

Oh and you did not ask me anything you out right insulted me because you did not like my opinion and then when I called you out on it you retreat into further insults because you can't think of something better to say. Oh and it really looks like you are one throwing the fit not me.

EDIT: You're damn right I came into a thread about SWG. I did it because it is on a forum that is about SWTOR.What you and the OP should have done is post this in off topic that is where a thread likes this belongs.

Edited by theUndead

Okay, is he a troll? Maybe. Maybe not. But if he is a troll, then a post like this is an all you can eat buffet. Stop feeding him, ignore him if you need to, but don't reply to him, and especially not with what I put in red.

I am troll? How am I a troll? I posted my opinion on the matter which happens to be in stark contrast to others and this makes me the troll?

Listen, Your obviously an idiot, You come into a thread about SWG, Then start telling people to shut up about SWG and when someone asks you to stop moaning you can't take it and throw a hissy fit like a little girl who's parents won't buy her a barbie doll.

Delete your character/s, Unsub from the game, Switch off your computer and go away.

dude, whatever you think of him or any of us, that does not allow you to go and attack him like that, seriously, this post goes too far...

I played SWG on the Ahazi server from the beginning to the end. (sivart, mrdo, dworkin, annaed....)I have played SWTOR from the beginning to the end. I like em both. Hey I miss SWG and its sandbox approach but I have moved on to another game. Doesn't mean I can't take a jog down memory lane every now and then. SWG was far from pefect but it was star wars and it was fun. Sure Sony screwed it up more than once but even the end game events were pretty cool.

It is ironic that the ones tauting SWTOR as the new better SWG are alot of the ones whining about how SWTOR is not like SWG now. As many have said diff game, never was gonna be the new SWG.

So as I do miss SWG i like SWTOR and am having fun playing it. But I enjoy running into old friends from SWG ingame here every now and then. Instead of bashing one or the other I prefer to remember the good times from both.

Heya to any old VOA members out there! :D