Is it worth Migrating In Red Eclipse ?

uchicaitachi

Hello people. I started playing again after couple of years of absence. When i created my chars in ToFN when Swtor released it was a full server and everyone enjoyed it there. But now that i came back is like a graveyard over there. And i am seriously thinking of migrating to Red Eclipse. 3 chars (2 imps, 1 rep = 35 euros, i can live with that). In any way do you think it would be a wise choice? are ppl active there ? Any suggestions on guilds? Im interested only in PVe. I am a casual player. Can't really know that i will be free every week at a certain time.

TOFN is mostly a pvp community and thus rather insulting and nasty :p But they have far more pvp pops per day.

Solo ranked starts to pop quite early aswell. And after having tried some pvp at 55 on TRE, i have to say the overall skill level on TOFN is on a higher level. But maybe thats just down to a few games against bad players, lottery effect.

But thats my impression so far.

Well, as a very active pve&pvp player, my opinion is that TOFN is dying. There are like 5 pve guilds on both sides that aren't country-bound, and most of the people in them, i wouldn't wanna play with. Pops for pvp are pretty frequent, however solo queue is a big no-no, since most of the people playing are really bad, and in the past months it's getting even worse. Ranked pop isn't really that frequent, and on the republic side, i'm sad to say, it's often barely playable...

So, i'm actually thinking about migrating to TRE myself... Can't raid on TOFN, and if i solo queue, i'll just end up doing dailies for credits...

Well, as a very active pve&pvp player, my opinion is that TOFN is dying. There are like 5 pve guilds on both sides that aren't country-bound, and most of the people in them, i wouldn't wanna play with. Pops for pvp are pretty frequent, however solo queue is a big no-no, since most of the people playing are really bad, and in the past months it's getting even worse. Ranked pop isn't really that frequent, and on the republic side, i'm sad to say, it's often barely playable...

So, i'm actually thinking about migrating to TRE myself... Can't raid on TOFN, and if i solo queue, i'll just end up doing dailies for credits...

Quite true, imp side solo que is bad but rep side is wheelchair, no arms and brain beside you in a jar of embalming fluid~ kind of bad.

Red ceclipse on the whole is a great server, community is great on both sides.

For casual guilds with pve focus, Republic side - Eternal Dawn / For Empire side - The Necromonger Empire.

Both those guilds are casual pve social focused guilds that do a bit of everything.

Personally as a Empire main player when i started i now play republic majority of the time and i would lean more towards republic community if i had to choose. Lots of raids advertised, lots of guilds, 90% ok general chat, other 10% just blank lol.

Where ever u end up wish u all best and welcome to the best server :)

It's real easy to jump on a pug or even HM at most hours of the day so I would definitely transfer here if PvE is your main priority. I'm not sure what's going on with ranked on TRE since I hate it with a burning passion and dont play it but I think normal warzones are more fun here than on TOFN, less good/steamrolling premades. I don't think the average pug is worse on TRE and because it is a PvE server I'm generally more tolerant and expect less, which is good for my blood pressure.

Offtopic, what's your chars name(s), Watcher?

Edited by MidichIorian

On TRE? Smelly-Belly Eats-Crayons, a jug. Yeah, not into roleplaying much :p I dunno, im most likely off to WS tomorrow anyway so transfer to this server was a last desperate attempt to find some meaning with the game.

Moved to TRE from TOFN myself some time ago and never regretted for a second. Low-level questing in a comfortable environment, no freaking ganking (especially when it comes to stuff like datacrons or having some mission item or buff and boom you're ganked, killed in 5 seconds and you have to start over (sometimes over and over))...left behind this BS of constant forced participating in open world slaughterhouse by fully pvp-geared level 55's (or 50's prior to 2.0) of lowbies and forgot about it all like a nightmare.

Lots of pug raids and as a matter of fact, I see at least 1 or 2 general chat invitations for everyone to join random open world pvp (Hoth, Oricon, Section X among the latest locations) like almost every week. So you actually get that too :rak_03:

Moved to TRE from TOFN myself some time ago and never regretted for a second. Low-level questing in a comfortable environment, no freaking ganking (especially when it comes to stuff like datacrons or having some mission item or buff and boom you're ganked, killed in 5 seconds and you have to start over (sometimes over and over))...left behind this BS of constant forced participating in open world slaughterhouse by fully pvp-geared level 55's (or 50's prior to 2.0) of lowbies and forgot about it all like a nightmare.

Lots of pug raids and as a matter of fact, I see at least 1 or 2 general chat invitations for everyone to join random open world pvp (Hoth, Oricon, Section X among the latest locations) like almost every week. So you actually get that too :rak_03:

Constant ganking? You must really smell enticing to gankers cause i hardly ever noticed any open world pvp at all :S

Constant ganking? You must really smell enticing to gankers cause i hardly ever noticed any open world pvp at all :S

I would ask myself this question too, why must there always be some lvl 50 or 55 wandering around like a stray dog or a group of them when I'm questing... but aside from leveling, when it comes to events like the Gree one or, especially, the latest rakghool return, it's a hell on a pvp server, TOFN or any other... :rak_01:

P.S. "Constant forced unwilling participation in world pvp" I meant as a background state you have to play in. Didn't get ganked each and every time I'd go to tattooine or alderaan, of course, but it happened far too often to move out as soon as server transfers were implemented

Edited by Preston_Violent

Well thats what pvp server is supposed to be about no...

and gree pvp area is the same on a pve server u know! its funneir on pve server even because people get more mad when they get ganked in the pvp area.... though its not like they are being forced to enter the area...

and gree pvp area is the same on a pve server u know! its funneir on pve server even because people get more mad when they get ganked in the pvp area.... though its not like they are being forced to enter the area...

I never said anything about being so very surprised at getting ganked in pvp area. On pvp server this area is everywhere, sometimes they won't you let even approach the gree ship or will kill you like 1 meter before the ops entrance...so ultimately not enjoyable there

You should sneak up on someone while they're using the seeker droid in the Den on a PvE server. Life doesnt get much better than that.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm migrating *from* Red Eclipse a bit, because I wanted to try some roleplaying(turned out to be pretty boring, though). In my experience, Red Eclipse is a good server(got 9 55's there) with lots of different guilds, but you're getting terribly long queues for DPS in the flashpoints, hours and hours. On the Progenitor, it's more like 10-15 minutes. General chat is alive until Balmorra/Taris, then it's all silent. A few very interesting guilds(NorDev/DevNor comes to mind). Oh, and the Empire often sucks at PvP. As for PUG Ops, tons of groups forming, but mostly "be geared and know tactics/have the achievement".

TRE has a good PVE community with a lot of Progression Guilds. There are a ton of more casual guilds as well that does SMs / HMs. There are always some PUGs forming on Fleet and the trend is that more and more are pugging DF / DP HM (but they do require you to have the achievement beforehand).

For PVP I would say that Rep side is better with active PVP guilds.