is it that hard to stop skank tanking?

cvoQ

I am not a programer so I dont know, but is it really that hard?

When you are in rwz as dps, you cant switch form. One easy way how to fix it, again dont know if it is possible.

Connect all the abilities in a tree to that specific form so if you switch to tank, you cant use them.

Two options that comes on top of my mind to stop this. I am really tired of those arenas with healers, where it always comes to, if one of them is guarded.

Edited by cvoQ

Most talents in skill trees DO become inactive when you're in the wrong stance. If I switch to dark charge to save the guy carrying the Huttball, I lose all kinds of perks I had when I was in surging charge. The same thing goes for all tanking classes. I'm not really seeing the problem here. Could you elaborate by telling us exactly which DPS classes are still using all of their DPS buff talents while in tanking stance?

Well at this point skank tanking and skank healing is unstoppable really and BW doesn't seem to have any plans on taking any steps to stop it. Check their HP and you can tell what gear they have, many of them will still be in dps gear in which case burn the skank down quickly. You'll probably have a lot of trouble with the jugg, but the other 2 shouldn't be an issue.

Best advice I can give is don't take solo ranked seriously, phase in, get your medals, get your comms and leave. Anyone who thinks solo ranked (and even group ranked on most servers) means anything just has ego issues. If you are a good player people will notice you in both regs and "ranked". PvP here is casual, so have fun. The end of season rewards suck anyway.

I am not talking about normal warzones. But in ranked arenas, if one team have guard that they shouldnt have, considering the team composition, then its a huge deal. Even more if he puts on a tank gear.

I admit, I dont play any of those classes, so I cant say for sure. But lets take guardien, when you are in soresu with vigilent talents, you still can use Plasma brand, overhead slash, you still get proc to dispatch and master strike, the only thing you lose is unremitting and some %dmg from not having shien form on.

I am using skill calculator for this, and there is no mentioned you couldnt use those abilities with soresu form, but I didnt try it, so if I am wrong just say so.

I am not talking about normal warzones. But in ranked arenas, if one team have guard that they shouldnt have, considering the team composition, then its a huge deal. Even more if he puts on a tank gear.

I admit, I dont play any of those classes, so I cant say for sure. But lets take guardien, when you are in soresu with vigilent talents, you still can use Plasma brand, overhead slash, you still get proc to dispatch and master strike, the only thing you lose is unremitting and some %dmg from not having shien form on.

I am using skill calculator for this, and there is no mentioned you couldnt use those abilities with soresu form, but I didnt try it, so if I am wrong just say so.

Don't forget the drop in rage that comes with that stance switch. All assault abilities that generate rage generate one less rage while in Soresu. Furthermore, you don't get the rage refund, the movement speed boost, or the 12% melee damage boost that comes with being in Shien form. So that terrible skank tank who can't take a hit like a real tank also can't dps like a real dps either.

Edited by Numerii

if it is 4dps vs 3dps and skank tank, sure(unless he is guardien/jugg) focus that skank

but my original post was about 3dps + 1 heal vs 2dps 1heal and 1skank tank and thats the problem, because here you just cant win, unles that healer that is guarded is really really bad

Edited by cvoQ