Darth Revan's Sith Empire vs Lord Kaan's Brotherhood.

LadyKulvax

I agree with Beni here -- assuming we count Bane as part of Kaan's Brotherhood, he would still idolize Revan. Sure, Revan's faction may have had infighting and backstabbing, but their entire force was led by only two people who remained united in their cause (again, assuming Malak doesn't try and betray his master).

Even if the Brotherhood was just as united, it was still comprised of hundreds/thousands, whereas the other team was managed by only two. As it was, Bane was an 'equal' with others who were weak, and he learned long ago that equality is a lie and the weaker ones are meant to serve him. He'd still see Kaan's Brotherhood as a perversion and would try to ally himself with a true Sith master, a true Dark Lord of the Sith who hadn't (yet) turned away from the Dark side.

Which I addressed here

I would however bring the likelihood of Malak's betrayal into question for several reasons:

1. It took two years of war for Malak to be disgruntled enough to betray Revan.

2. It was a bit of a circumstantial pot-shot and probably not pre-planned. He was separated from his master, and a major Republic war asset - Bastila Shan - was onboard, effectively the last thing standing between the Empire and victory. Such favourable circumstances are unlikely to occur until the very end of this war.

3. Malak in part regretted his decision, because it made him look weak for not confronting Revan in person, and in this case it would jeopardize the war effort in a dozen different ways.

So I think its certainly not definite that Malak will betray Revan, if even likely. At least not until the end of the war when he can be sure he will win and easily consolidate power, and by then he'd probably have replaced him with Bane.

I also don't think Malak learned everything from Revan? If I remember correctly, he did begrudgingly assume the role of apprentice while Revan assumed the mantle.

I also don't think Malak learned everything from Revan? If I remember correctly, he did begrudgingly assume the role of apprentice while Revan assumed the mantle.

Malak learned nothing from Revan, but Revan was always superior.