I would be happy to continue paying my subscription fee, however...

after a recent cartel coin purchase, I have become very disappointed.

I subscribe to the game so I have gotten some cartel coins over time. I have also twice now bought some cartel coins.

I had previously used them to buy clothing/armor, star ship parts or star fighters. And overall I felt they were... OK value for money (but not brilliant).

My last purchase though was of "Hypercrate: Shipment 2 Contraband Packs". I knew they were a bit of a gamble, but I was hoping to get the "Advance Mint Green Hawkeye Crystal" and maybe to sell the rest of the items and make some in-game cash.

However what I ended up with with shockingly poor. Probably at best I will make 300-500k from it. For £24, the cost of a new computer game... this is quite ridiculous.

I admit this was entirely my fault and I was quite naive, I have been stung lesson learned.

I know though that I will get no kind of refund. I would not ask for the money back, but I would ask for the cartel coins back, so I can purchase something that gives better value for money, but I know that won't happen.

So it is with regret that I must cancel my subscription. I had been paying it since the game came out, even in months that I did not play. I shall just view this purchase as paying for my next 3-4 months subscription fee, this way I will at least feel I got some value from the purchase.

I would ask that you show the player base some respect in in the future and refrain from selling these kinds of items. As it really is a form of gambling and I feel these items should be treated as such and governed by gambling laws. However I doubt this will happen.

It would be nice to be able to buy these items directly, it really is a shame that the option to is not available.

I will resume my subscription fee in the future, after a time where I feel I have made the money back from my naive purchase.

Regards

You should have sold the unopened packs on the gtn. You would have earned enough credits to buy the crystal you want and still have lots of credits left over.

Before you gamble think, "How much am I willing to lose before it would bother me."

Edited by JediRelentless

I agree with the OP entirely here. The cartel packs and dye packs should be renamed 'Gambling 101: An Introductory Experience for Children'. But without hyperbole I do find them to be a) mercenary cash grabs on behalf of the developer, and b) the thin end of a wedge that players should actually be venting their distaste about rather than the normal fanboy response that the player is an idiot for complaining. Edited by Chinspinner
typo

Oh look, yet another thread of someone complaining they didn't get the rare they wanted from something they KNEW was going to be random. It's like whining you bought packs of baseball cards and didn't get the valuable rookie card you wanted, and throwing a tantrum about it.

Dear Bioware,

I bought cartel packs that don't guarantee me the thing I want. Please don't do that any more.

You don't buy Cartel Packs for a specific item unless you can cough up $100+. I don't do the gamble because there isn't anything I would classify as being valuable enough to even spend $10-$20. If I do spend money, I'd spend it on Cartel Packs. I'll just sell them on the GTN buy the specific item straight from the GTN, gamble gone money gained.