PVP in Swtor

Stabalicious

I know there is only so much that can be done but I feel like this game has a very small developer team. Don't even get me started on class balance.

I am on Shadowlands server as well and PvP with 100% of my time. I treat this game as a star wars arcade in that regard and Im afraid you may have to start doing the same if you just PvP too. Thats what this game is end of story. Their developer team once had a nice budget to play with but i'd then stress quality over quantity. Their crew really does seem third eye blind - a complete lack of intuitive mind when it comes to designing the blueprints of the game. Its very disappointing since they had many other MMO's to go off of, but this is a complex part of the human mind that is vastly untapped anyhow. Regardless, pvp in this game really is very fun. Perhaps the star wars universe puts an unfair bias on that analysis. I'll still thumbs up PvP.

As far as the commutative aspect of PvP in swtor (shadowlands @ that), its relatively quite. The only real opportunity to connect socially is try to dominant as much as you can and then you may make a name for yourself. This is more likely on Shadowlands since its a small community. Other than that i'd say theres like 2-3 very small groups of folk that get in mumble/vent and pvp together in ranked/regular. Oh and I'd say ignore the comments about Wildstar. Silly advertisements is all. There wont be another legitimate MMO for another 7-10 years. GL

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Not sure what ya mean, the population has dipped since ESO's release, and there is no question that when WS goes live it will dip further. The only question that remains, is for how long.

:rolleyes:

no offense but from what I hear, isn't eso's pvp infested with bots and hacks? I mean those guys used trusted clients, and from what I hear bots especially are hurting the pvp over at eso

Edited by Sangrar

funny how people said the same thing when ESO was about to go live. :rolleyes:

TOFN is already bad what concerns population (hardly 2 fleets in prime time). I remember times when I started SWTOR 3-4 (sometimes even 5) fleets, fast pops < 1 min, 17 months ago.

Now I have to sit in q for ages, mornings are almost dead.

Tell me it is ok and nothing happens, when all big guilds are going to W*. Really.

TOFN is already bad what concerns population (hardly 2 fleets in prime time). I remember times when I started SWTOR 3-4 (sometimes even 5) fleets, fast pops < 1 min, 17 months ago.

Tell me it is ok and nothing happens, when all big guilds are going to W*. Really.

These are sad sad times.

to be fair, hasn't it been like that for a while? I know a few guys who over the last few months before eso camee out transferred to Bastion, I befriended them and they told me they left specifically because of the reasons you mentioned, either way I do know some guilds who are not neccisarily leaving but are branching out ( I know this one in particular who already has stuff going on in WoW and SWTOR, and I know they made preparations to branch out to ESO and Wildstar, they just offer support to players who play one or more of those games).

Either way what concerns me is that Wildstar, I can believe its a good game, I can believe it will maintain a loyal playerbase, and I can believe it has good years ahead of it. But I do not believe its going to hit this game or any other game too badly, and I don't believe that the launch of Wildstar will be perfect either, I believe there will be issues and problems (like every mmo launch, look at eso and what a hack/bot fest their pvp became) that will once again prove that the overhyping of an mmo prior to release is greatly exaggerated. Again not saying Wildstar will suffer but at the same time I know that its not going to be all it cracked up to be, there will be people who were excited about it who will be dissapointed, and there will be people who are dissatisfied with it.