PVP in Swtor

Stabalicious

I don't know how to express or even ask a question and was hoping someone can help me understand the pvp que or pvp team mentality in this game. I play on The Shadowlands and enjoy the server and community but pvp seems challenging to kick off. Most of the time it's solo que nonranked and solo que ranked. Hardly anyone wants to get in voice chat program and organize it better. I know this game doesn't have the large community like wow had or this MOBA or what ever it's called League of Legends but damn I think this game has to much potential and yet this 4v4 or solo que is just a "my opinion" horrible way to get people to come together or encourage them to organize it better. You can barely organize it in chat within the 30 seconds to a minute before a match starts cause hardly anyone wants to pay atten. I know there is only so much that can be done but I feel like this game has a very small developer team. Don't even get me started on class balance. On a side note, is there a server that actually embraces team pvp ranked/nonraked where you get in voice chat and play organized?

Your best bet is to join a PvP guild. But PvP is in rapid decline across all servers because of what has been posted above and after 'No Gate' from Bioware.

PvP offers zero cartel value so it won't be getting any love soon. They tried to bring Cartel value in to GSF but it bombed, so they have just given up. If you want fun small and large scale pvp, try Wildstar.

TOFN, POT5, Bastion. These servers have some team ranked going. But yes, the PvP community overall in this game is retarded.

Class balance is more or less alright, I would say. Of course there is always the flavor of the month (FOTM) class, but overall it's balanced. Maybe only some hybrids who skank the matchmaking system can be considered unbalanced.

and Wildstar is s h i t.

Edited by DarrelK

PvP offers zero cartel value so it won't be getting any love soon. They tried to bring Cartel value in to GSF but it bombed, so they have just given up. If you want fun small and large scale pvp, try Wildstar.

excuse me but what possible cartel value does pve have? so many reasons for biowares shortcomings in pvp, blaming the cartel market for all this is just dumb.

I don't know how to express or even ask a question and was hoping someone can help me understand the pvp que or pvp team mentality in this game. I play on The Shadowlands and enjoy the server and community but pvp seems challenging to kick off. Most of the time it's solo que nonranked and solo que ranked. Hardly anyone wants to get in voice chat program and organize it better. I know this game doesn't have the large community like wow had or this MOBA or what ever it's called League of Legends but damn I think this game has to much potential and yet this 4v4 or solo que is just a "my opinion" horrible way to get people to come together or encourage them to organize it better. You can barely organize it in chat within the 30 seconds to a minute before a match starts cause hardly anyone wants to pay atten. I know there is only so much that can be done but I feel like this game has a very small developer team. Don't even get me started on class balance. On a side note, is there a server that actually embraces team pvp ranked/nonraked where you get in voice chat and play organized?

Many ppl don't pay attention to the chat in this game. I really think it misses a chat bubble system so it calls attention. Its something I consider essential to every MMORPG. It calls attention to ppl to pay attention to the chat.

Your best bet is to join a PvP guild. But PvP is in rapid decline across all servers because of what has been posted above and after 'No Gate' from Bioware.

i do not know what "no gate" means. i have seen 3 hour queue times when i do ranked pugs on my sorc, so i gave up.

even if PvP or some other aspect is lacking, i do not think it is allowed, nor morally correct, to direct people to another MMO. i am getting sick about hearing nothing but "wildstar" and "SWG" and "eso" and i think people directing others to another game hurts this game, and i do not like to see my precious baby getting hurt. either way, SWTOR is doing fine, and it is pretty healthy despite some really stupid blunders.

when they tried to add what you call "cartel value" to GSF, which i assume you mean getting stuff from the CM for GSF, it bombed because everything was cosmetic.

you could get different color blaster bolts and engine trails, and ship customization, and a new ship if you're lucky. GSF is a PvP activity, and in PvP everyone is out to compete with one another. no one is going to spend real money for something that does nothing at all to actually help you.

while a lot of the CM is for cosmetics, which is very unfortunate, mounts have a practical use, color crystals have a practical use, legacy perks have a practical use. in addition, adaptive armor from the CM also gives slots to hold mods to improve your combat ability. now, in GSF they were only for cosmetics, and that is what killed the "cartel value" of it.

if they were to add some cartel value to regular PvP, it would have to do something. people have this beef with pay to win, and they need to accept it as a part of any MMO. i think that the cartel market should be used to bypass work to get something cool and powerful, but so long as someone can obtain the same item or whatever through blood, sweat, and tears, i think it is just fine to make spending money useful.

BioWare really needs to go download some other games and find out how to really make PVP real and fun. They have a few PVP servers, but nobody wants to do open world pvp because ...why?

"no reason to.. you don't get any rewards for it" is one of the big ones. solution? Eve Online, DC Universe, and Rift come to mind...

excuse me but what possible cartel value does pve have? so many reasons for biowares shortcomings in pvp, blaming the cartel market for all this is just dumb.

Not really. You just need to open your eyes. GSF was Biowares new hope to move PvPers in to space and have them spend money on customsation of their ships using THE CARTEL MARKET.

Since that bombed, PvP on the ground offers no return, which means, zero investment.

i do not know what "no gate" means. i have seen 3 hour queue times when i do ranked pugs on my sorc, so i gave up.

].

THIS is 'No Gate'. Its basically Bioware saying PvP has zero future and which is why pvp is in rapid decline.

Once the few remaining players max out their Ranked coms and have full gear for all their toons, pvp will serve no purchase - just an escape for the few to get their fix.

Before you reply back, I suggest you take a long hard look at 'No gate' and see for yourself. While I admire Bioware for being honest for a change it just cemented PvP'ers concerns that PvP in SWTOR has no future as it turns in to a Sims online space expansion.

if they were to add some cartel value to regular PvP, it would have to do something. people have this beef with pay to win, and they need to accept it as a part of any MMO. i think that the cartel market should be used to bypass work to get something cool and powerful, but so long as someone can obtain the same item or whatever through blood, sweat, and tears, i think it is just fine to make spending money useful.

The last time I checked, I call it a subscription. Therefore PvP, which I do lots, should be given just as equal love as PvE. I'm not saying PvP should have cartel items, it shouldnt because that would just destroy crafting for lowbies but people pay their money, so it should not just be thrown on the back burner because Bioware don't understand what PvP is.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

BioWare really needs to go download some other games and find out how to really make PVP real and fun. They have a few PVP servers, but nobody wants to do open world pvp because ...why?

"no reason to.. you don't get any rewards for it" is one of the big ones. solution? Eve Online, DC Universe, and Rift come to mind...

I didn't need a reason for wPvP, the only thing I wanted was the game engine to be considerate and not become a slideshow once you have 30+ people fighting within a small area, regardless of how good your hardware is.

The game engine killed wPvP, not any lack of rewards. No amount of reward will make me wPvP as long as the game engine drops down to single digit frames/second. I think it's safe to say, just about everyone would feel like this.

Not really. You just need to open your eyes. GSF was Biowares new hope to move PvPers in to space and have them spend money on customsation of their ships using THE CARTEL MARKET.

Since that bombed, PvP on the ground offers no return, which means, zero investment.

that still makes no sense considering pve gets all this stuff and yet they have no cartel market value either. And either way the gsf stuff sold on the cm was utterly worthless it was just cosmetic crap, Those ships as it is, did the exact same thing as regular ships, they only looked different. People still play gsf I still queue once in a while but basically very few people bothered with that cosmetic stuff. Basically it was very comparable to buying armor shells or a new color crystal for pvp.

and please tell me if pve is not marketable either, then why have they gotten more stuff since cartel market release compared to pvp which got significantly less. And don't say that armor and mounts is pve stuff, that is crap I am on a pvp server, many of the pvpers I see in warzones wear at least some cartel market gear, I even see one open a cartel pack once in a while, its not like a subbed pvper with 500 cc's added to their accounts a month won't spend it.

Edited by Sangrar

THIS is 'No Gate'. Its basically Bioware saying PvP has zero future and which is why pvp is in rapid decline.

Once the few remaining players max out their Ranked coms and have full gear for all their toons, pvp will serve no purchase - just an escape for the few to get their fix.

Before you reply back, I suggest you take a long hard look at 'No gate' and see for yourself. While I admire Bioware for being honest for a change it just cemented PvP'ers concerns that PvP in SWTOR has no future as it turns in to a Sims online space expansion.

The last time I checked, I call it a subscription. Therefore PvP, which I do lots, should be given just as equal love as PvE. I'm not saying PvP should have cartel items, it shouldnt because that would just destroy crafting for lowbies but people pay their money, so it should not just be thrown on the back burner because Bioware don't understand what PvP is.

perhaps the first time i have ever seen a forumite take the wants of others into consideration. i keep seeing 75% / 25% policies getting thrown everywhere just because they like something better. everyone keeps saying that this is a PvE game or, rarely, a PvP game and it should be treated as such. i have never seen either even suggested in gold text before. i think everyone should be able to do their favorite activities, and that swtor is like a liquid, it fills into whatever shape the mold is.

on its own, as it seems to be floating around indecisively, swtor is a blob off shapeless fluid that seperates and clumps up randomly. right now i think bioware should pick a mold, even if some fluid overflows, instead of letting it go astray into the rest of the anti-gravity room. by that time nothing can be done, but BW has an opportunity to catch up most of it in a bucket if they react quickly.

BW has done a small bit of GSF stuff, all of which cosmetic, as stated before, barely sufficient PvE content like a single nightmare op, some PvP orientated work like the quesh huttball and whatever they are doing for ranked, and so much cartel market stuff it would be oozing out of every orifice if swtor was a person.

while picking something goes against the whole 50% / 50% concept, bioware does not have the resources, time, or raw manpower to focus on everything at once. they can support the other activities once they make a stable base for themselves. if they can get enough loyal players around to keep them afloat until they start working on other things to draw in more people, then they will succeed.

ask anyone what swtor needs the most, they will almost always say class stories! bioware does not want to waste the massive amount of energy to make 8 new complex and dynamic story additions to the game. it will be a hard thing to do, but it is the thing bioware needs to do if they want all of this work to be worthwhile.

I didn't need a reason for wPvP, the only thing I wanted was the game engine to be considerate and not become a slideshow once you have 30+ people fighting within a small area, regardless of how good your hardware is.

The game engine killed wPvP, not any lack of rewards. No amount of reward will make me wPvP as long as the game engine drops down to single digit frames/second. I think it's safe to say, just about everyone would feel like this.

I agree with you, as much as I love this game and my reluctance to quit one final time, it does not change the fact that the game cannot support OWPvP and most probably never will. This is the single biggest issue with this game -- the game engine.

On the other hand, when I remember old Ilum and all the fun we had, even with abysmally low frame rates, it's still the most fun period for me in this game.

Playing Ken and Barbie. :rolleyes:

dude, everyone uses armor shells, cartel or not, of some form, I am sure you have some kind of customized pvp set, probably not cartel, but something, I myself use full battlemaster from shells I saved from days long past. Point is, that ain't pve unless you want to say that gearing your character for pvp was pve. Either way its better to use shells and have them augmented because its cheaper to rip out mods and put them in shells than it is to reaugment pvp gear every time a new set comes out.

Either way its better to use shells and have them augmented because its cheaper to rip out mods and put them in shells than it is to reaugment pvp gear every time a new set comes out.

[OFFTOPIC] When you rip the PVP set's mods out to put em in shell, you lose the set bonus? [/OFFTOPIC]

[OFFTOPIC] When you rip the PVP set's mods out to put em in shell, you lose the set bonus? [/OFFTOPIC]

no the set bonus is tied to the armoring mods, not the shells so you can exchange the mods between shells and not lose the set bonus.