Mobile app for crafting / missions, cost based on CC instead of credits

A mobile app for crafting has been suggested many times already. It's an awful idea for it to cost CC for every crafting mission. They could charge to download the app and maybe a small monthly fee but making it more expensive the more I use the app is a terrible idea. Edited by JediRelentless

A mobile app for crafting has been suggested many times already. It's an awful idea for it to cost CC for every crafting mission. They could charge to download the app and maybe a small monthly fee but making it more expensive the more I use the app is a terrible idea.

This. I suggested similar a few months back (probably 8 or 9) and didn't get much input. However, I'm all for a useful app - perhaps crafting and GTN.

• 6 months later...
App development would cost extra money, so I'm ok with being charged cartel coins for using it. Besides, there has to be some limit to prevent flooding the market. If it was a free app and only costs credits to use, crew skills based economy might suffer significantly.

If this is something that will be a pay to win crafting feature then it's not a good idea at all.

If you make a feature that's cost prohibitive for most subscribers to use then what's the point?

Maybe a more realistic possibility is to have a web site base feature for crafting instead of a smart phone app.

Edited by Unchosen

• 2 weeks later...

A crafting app is a good app. Crafting material items may prove hard because it fills up your inventory. So it's not like leveling is an option for crafting items but resource gather missions would be a good option. I would so be logging into that app on my breaks at work lol.

It should be purchased on the App Store for a few bucks like most apps are. It would definately grab bioware some instant cash who wouldn't want to be connected to game like that. I think this would be a really good way to set the game apart from other MMOs.

I know a lot of people left the game because crafting was lacking maybe if this app was introduced not only would you get money off te hop from current players you may attract a lot of old players to come back to the game.

Also need more schematics worth crafting for players.