Queuing Rated PvP without appropriate gear is leeching!

Alec_Fortescue

So I can go into a warzone and go afk for free comms because I am paying a monthly sub.

I'm considering this now. I am so sick of arenas popping all the time that I may just go afk in them. It eats in to MY time having to leave, wait 10-15 mins for another pop, for it to be another *********** arena.

At least in ranked its ranked coms

So I can go into a warzone and go afk for free comms because I am paying a monthly sub.

Being AFK is obviously not condoned, the 'deserter' debuff and timeout kick both prove this. However, failing an elitist's gear check is no violation.

I dont actually disagree with the fact that there is an issue, just your whole "leaching" and punishments execution. Much like the fact that i could think immigration needs addressed without the need for concentration camps.

Edited by Marstrike

No gear = no contribution. We can all see how these guys do on the scoreboards.

This should count for leeching and players doing this should be punished.

This is why everyone is farming Unranked : To get Commendations for Ranked.

And that creates in PUGs the impression of merely being there as farming fodder for Ranked players who look down on PUGs as some sort of cattle and see no sense at all inplaying Unranked except for farming.

Fun is absent. Farming is the only motivation left for Unranked.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Ranked is akin to a Faustian bargain. You can have a ranked game, but it can never, ever be fair in the way that most people want it to be.

The answer to the OPs and nearly every complaint about solo ranked is appropriate matchmaking. Cross server queues are a red herring as they would only amplify the existing problems. All the OP wants is to be matched with others who have similar gear, skill and desire to play I gather. Which is all well and good, but there simply aren't enough people playing gamewide to create a healthy ranked game doing that.

The devs could have the matchmaking system match players in very tight bands of gear and rating, with similar team compositions. That would eliminate most of the current complaints, but it would create a new one. Ranked wouldn't pop. Catching a ranked game would be like catching lightning in a bottle.

This competitive PvP that folks on this board are looking for is never going to happen.

Ranked is akin to a Faustian bargain. You can have a ranked game, but it can never, ever be fair in the way that most people want it to be.

To be fair, most people seem to only believe the game is fair if they are winning.

To be fair, most people seem to only believe the game is fair if they are winning.

An overwhelming majority, I agree.

But there are a few of us who still want decent competition and hard fought battles. Complaining about a lack of those seems to get mixed up with complaining about losing though, unfortunately.

does that mean i should be able to go into NiM ops with my pvp gear? i failed the elitists gear check but no violation right?

Before some leet PvErs feels the need to point out that being undergeared/experienced in Ops causes you to melt like an Ice Cream in an Arabian Summer, the exact same *********** thing happens in PvP if you're wearing unaug'd PvE gear.

If Biofail removed the out dated and unnecessary gear grind but instead awarded coms for rewards (like they do now with the Bounty Contract vendor), more people would be in ranked - maybe. Although switching it to 4v4 just officially killed it

Being AFK is obviously not condoned, the 'deserter' debuff and timeout kick both prove this. However, failing an elitist's gear check is no violation.

I dont actually disagree with the fact that there is an issue, just your whole "leaching" and punishments execution. Much like the fact that i could think immigration needs addressed without the need for concentration camps.

technically its no violation, but still. Think of it this way, the way the game is set up, gear is still very important to your success. You are facing the highest, best geared, some of the best skilled players usually and you need every advantage you can get. But in solo ranked its not JUST your success that hangs in the balance of your actions and preparation. There are still 3 people whose ratings and success also hang in the balance, to win you and the rest of your team have to have every advantage possible in order to have a chance at winning. If you however go into ranked with less than prime gear, then already you have crippled yourself and your team, and the other team will not fail to notice. True its not always premeditated when someone ques for ranked without proper gear, it could be an accident or simple lack of knowledge, but some people just que like that to screw with people, I have seen that firsthand, and it is still not fair to the other people on the team whose ratings are all affected.

Timeout kick? Just go into stealth, hide behind rocks, play some movies on netflix / youtube. just press a w/s/a/d every 10 minutes ^^

Do not compare PvE with PvP here. PvE allows you to prepare and parties can decide whether or not they're feeling like carrying people. Random rated arenas - they don't. And geared enemy players will take advantage of it.

Coming undergeared and having extremely low statistics in the end is nothing else but leeching. Leechers still get some stats at the end of warzone and they're pretty similar to someone who gets killed in 5 seconds.

There should be a gear check for 10 augments, capped expertise and a certain total mod rating. Farming best in slot Obroan with normal wz comms takes only a couple of days and you get some skills before jumping right into rated games.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I'm considering this now. I am so sick of arenas popping all the time that I may just go afk in them. It eats in to MY time having to leave, wait 10-15 mins for another pop, for it to be another *********** arena.

At least in ranked its ranked coms

God this dude whines about arenas relentlessly... Everyone knows that the people who complain the most about arenas are the ones who can't mask their inability to properly play amongst a team of four.

Do not compare PvE with PvP here. PvE allows you to prepare and parties can decide whether or not they're feeling like carrying people. Random rated arenas - they don't. And geared enemy players will take advantage of it.

Group Finder doesn't let me pick who it matches me with. That's yolo queue for PvE. If I want to make sure the people I'm playing with are up to my standards, I have to get a group together. There is also a way to do this for PvP.

What you mean to say is that there's no punishment for dropping from a GF party in PvE, and that NiM ops groups don't have to sit around and wait for someone else to form a group before they can start playing.

Group Finder doesn't let me pick who it matches me with. That's yolo queue for PvE. If I want to make sure the people I'm playing with are up to my standards, I have to get a group together. There is also a way to do this for PvP.

What you mean to say is that there's no punishment for dropping from a GF party in PvE, and that NiM ops groups don't have to sit around and wait for someone else to form a group before they can start playing.

You have the option to vote-kick *******es from your Yolo-queue groups, and once you do it, your enemies (the mobs) sit around waiting until you attack them.

We have no option to vote-kick from Solo Ranked, and we don't have the ability to make enemies wait for us should we convince the undergeared scrub to drop group.

You have the option to vote-kick *******es from your Yolo-queue groups...

Would you like the option to vote-kick from solo raked?

... and once you do it, your enemies (the mobs) sit around waiting until you attack them.

And if the original post had said 'don't compare PvE to PvP because mobs wait for you to attack, I'd have agreed with it.

God this dude whines about arenas relentlessly... Everyone knows that the people who complain the most about arenas are the ones who can't mask their inability to properly play amongst a team of four.

Arenas are designed for the small minded. Those who lack the ability to play as a team, those who have zero concept of objective based pvp. And lets not forget the awesome lack of match making. Plus, if you think 4v4 is about skill, you need your head testing - when its all about the gear, like the thread suggests.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Would you like the option to vote-kick from solo raked?

And if the original post had said 'don't compare PvE to PvP because mobs wait for you to attack, I'd have agreed with it.

Lol you can already vote-kick people from solo ranked. I was vote-kicked on my own request once. Sadly you still lose rating, but you also get locked out of queue for 5 (or 15, don't remember) minutes. Afaik it even bans you from regs queue. I should log my sentinel and get votekicked today to see the details again.

Arenas are designed for the small minded. Those who lack the ability to play as a team, those who have zero concept of objective based pvp. And lets not forget the awesome lack of match making. Plus, if you think 4v4 is about skill, you need your head testing - when its all about the gear, like the thread suggests.

Err...

small-mind·ed (smôl′mīn′dĭd)

adj.

1. Having a narrow or selfish attitude.

2. Characterized by pettiness or selfishness.

It could also be linked to unimaginative (you know, like calling yourself darth maul on a star wars forum...just sayin')

Err...

small-mind·ed (smôl′mīn′dĭd)

adj.

1. Having a narrow or selfish attitude.

2. Characterized by pettiness or selfishness.

It could also be linked to unimaginative (you know, like calling yourself darth maul on a star wars forum...just sayin')

Bahahaha.. nice

No gear = no contribution. We can all see how these guys do on the scoreboards.

This should count for leeching and players doing this should be punished.

Bwahahahahaahahahahahaha......child please!......seriously. How about people without the appropriate Ranked War Zone gear stop q'ing for Regular War Zones Ok? Then you can spout this foolishness?

I que for both and see both sides. Neither has a case. People can do what they want. Stop being the "im better than you" person. Please? :)

Well he is right about that:

No one is going to take you alone into recent PvE Content if you are wearing your green leveling gear.

If you list for ranked you should at least wear PvP gear. Not necessarily min/max but at least the PvP gear for regular pvp comms and some augmentations. This is easily obtained. It's basically the same for PvE you don't start in the lastest ops hm/nim and ruin everybody else's day.

And speaking about paying. I am paying too. Yet I am not being taken into the lastest OPs modes with my PvP gear. If you can force yourself on PvP players you should be able to do the same in PvE. With the only diffrerence, there is no ranking/competition in PvE like there is in ranked PvP.

Entering rwz without gear is like win-trading, if the other team is not completely retarded.

Bwahahahahaahahahahahaha......child please!......seriously. How about people without the appropriate Ranked War Zone gear stop q'ing for Regular War Zones Ok? Then you can spout this foolishness?

I que for both and see both sides. Neither has a case. People can do what they want. Stop being the "im better than you" person. Please? :)

please do not try to compare ranked and regs. In ranked, its competitive and its, as the name states, for a ranking on the leaderboards. With regs it does not matter as much as you do not get rank gain or loss from it, and regs are generally where people who are low geared go to earn some comms and get geared as well as gain some experience.

ranked however, again its competitive. You are usually facing people who are very good, who have top end gear, who are augmented to the max, who already know who to target first. You cannot afford to have any disadvantages, because any disadvantage you have also affects your team, and the other team will recognize this and not hesitate to pounce on you. I do not believe that in every case this is done out of malicious bahavior, some people make honest mistakes or do not know you need to be geared for ranked, or somehow queued ranked on accident. But still its not fair to the other 3 people who depend on you to be in your prime, and to help be in your prime you have to have the best gear.