Clarification on collection armor, please?

Sovette

The situation: I've come back after 2 years and my characters are on a U.S. server. The community I was playing with moved to a EU server. Since I wanted to start a new character to re-learn the game anyway, I started the character over on EU. It's a little disheartening to leave my 50's behind since there's no transfer between NA and EU, but I'm up for the challenge.

I had an idea after learning about adaptive collection armor, but not sure if it'll work, so asking here.

Since my 50s on the NA server have the ability to run dailies to make good credits, and it would take my EU character a while to level and gear up enough to do dailies, could I efficiently buy collective armor on my NA character, then unlock them for my new EU character? Do you have to have a full set to unlock them, or can you unlock just a armor piece at a time? My account has 2200 Cartel Coins on them, so I can spend a little bit to do this. Just not sure if it's efficient.

Thoughts?

To unlock a set in collections you need to both have the full set and bind it/wear it on your character. And most cartel market armor is just going to be the armor shells, so you would still need to buy or make the mods for each of your characters even after you pay for the unlock in collections.

Some armor sets are really inexpensive on the GTN while some others have pieces that go for millions. So it really just depends on what sets you are looking to get. So some could be affordable, even on your new characters. You have to unlock every piece in the set on ONE character, in order to have it selectable to unlock in collections. Once you unlock it with CC, you can pick it up on any character, on any server. Some sets go for 90 coins, while others can be 260, 360 and I think there are a few for 600. I usually try and buy the boxes (supplementary, upper and lower) since its easier than buying each individual piece, but it also depends on pricing. lol. Hope that helped some!