GSF Rewards VS PVE Rewards Modest proposal don't turn off double credits.

With the upcoming double credits for GSF event I got a little curious about just what effect that would have on my in game earnings. Currently I don't consider GSF a real income source it always struck me as falling far behind everything else I do in the game, but this event prompted me to check.

So doing my regular pve activities in the game gave me the following hourly rate

90K credits

30 Basic comms

1 Exotic Element equalizer

Misc Rep drops no easily assignable value + orange/blue gear

Now putting in GSF into the equation

Avg Match time 12 minutes avg award 6k credits: 30k Credits/hr assuming instant match pops.

So even at double credit awards for GSF it is still far behind other game activities in terms of rewards/time.

It would help GSF endlessly if people playing it, weren't effectively paying credits in terms of lost opportunities to play it.

Would love this, but I doubt it :/

Yeah, there seems to be a leaning amongst MMOs to punish PvP rewards*. I suppose on the plus side, it makes it that much easier for people to leave matches they think will be unenjoyable.

*It's really baffling to me as well seeing as lack of endgame content is always a problem. Well, I guess it's too many people saying this is the way WoW does it so it has to be right.

Edited by General_Brass

Yeah, there seems to be a leaning amongst MMOs to punish PvP rewards*. I suppose on the plus side, it makes it that much easier for people to leave matches they think will be unenjoyable.

This is to discourage bots queuing. They want to make it optimal for a real person to manually farm credits to slow down credit farmers. GSF rewards all players of the same level equal credits as I recall. So low/no performance gets as much as top gun.

Agree entirely. I wouldn't normally say it, because I don't play enough of the game to know whether the values are bad are good, but the rewards should be similar to other queued activities.

Rewards are low because it's F2P content. They want to lock efficient credit farming behind paywalls. Section X, Czerka, and Oricon all require a purchase for example.

Agree entirely. I wouldn't normally say it, because I don't play enough of the game to know whether the values are bad are good, but the rewards should be similar to other queued activities.

Actually PvP pays the same at any rate. 7.25k per win at 55.

With the upcoming double credits for GSF event I got a little curious about just what effect that would have on my in game earnings. Currently I don't consider GSF a real income source it always struck me as falling far behind everything else I do in the game, but this event prompted me to check.

So doing my regular pve activities in the game gave me the following hourly rate

90K credits

30 Basic comms

1 Exotic Element equalizer

Misc Rep drops no easily assignable value + orange/blue gear

Now putting in GSF into the equation

Avg Match time 12 minutes avg award 6k credits: 30k Credits/hr assuming instant match pops.

So even at double credit awards for GSF it is still far behind other game activities in terms of rewards/time.

It would help GSF endlessly if people playing it, weren't effectively paying credits in terms of lost opportunities to play it.

It's about the same as regular PvP. And unfortunately, just as unprofitable.

*It's really baffling to me as well seeing as lack of endgame content is always a problem. Well, I guess it's too many people saying this is the way WoW does it so it has to be right.

They did the same thing for ground PvP.

At launch, the per hour benefit was good, especially for lower level toons. Then they slashed the credit reward in half.

I'm guessing someone thinks that we 'ought' to be going out and questing and doing flashpoints instead of PvPing.

The type of rewards GSF needs isn't credits, right now there's no incentive to play GSF other than for enjoyment of the game itself. If there were rewards for participating in/winning matches, (i.e. mod gear, weapons, speeders, etc.) there would be ALOT more people involved in the game. As it is right now the only things we get are a small handful of titles, a few achievements with cartel coin rewards attached to them, and new ships to unlock.

All well and good, but it doesn't offer an incentive for people who want some form of swag to show off their GSF-ness outside of GSF itself.

The type of rewards GSF needs isn't credits, right now there's no incentive to play GSF other than for enjoyment of the game itself. If there were rewards for participating in/winning matches, (i.e. mod gear, weapons, speeders, etc.) there would be ALOT more people involved in the game. As it is right now the only things we get are a small handful of titles, a few achievements with cartel coin rewards attached to them, and new ships to unlock.

All well and good, but it doesn't offer an incentive for people who want some form of swag to show off their GSF-ness outside of GSF itself.

Well, I can't see offering swag to show off without it being earned through ranked team matches. As things stand the matches are overwhelmingly bad jokes, and gsf only swag would just increase the incentive for making them worse. If you take a look ground pvp it's bad enough tossing solos together for ranked rewards

It would be hard see the benefit of ratcheting that up in this game.

Bringing the overall credit rewards in line with other activities would at least make the game more attractive to people that aren't playing just GSF.

Well, I can't see offering swag to show off without it being earned through ranked team matches. As things stand the matches are overwhelmingly bad jokes, and gsf only swag would just increase the incentive for making them worse. If you take a look ground pvp it's bad enough tossing solos together for ranked rewards

It would be hard see the benefit of ratcheting that up in this game.

Bringing the overall credit rewards in line with other activities would at least make the game more attractive to people that aren't playing just GSF.

Well not necessarily. I mean, sure. The alphas who prey on lesser-skilled, lesser-geared players will always be a problem. There's no getting around that. But offering the chance for loot outside of GSF will give the incentive to play to more people. In which case, if you have more people playing, you have less of a chance to be prey to the predators.

Credits alone won't be enough to solve this problem, plain and simple. There are far easier, faster, and less painful (i.e. other players not trying to kill you) ways to farm credits: Playing the GTN, running dailies on planets like Oricon and Section X, the list goes on. But the point is they take less time and effort than joining a GSF queue, sitting around waiting for it to pop, then praying you don't get stuck up against a premade.