Remove the limit on the ignore list.

TizonaDelCid

With all the gold spammers in game it would be NICE if there was no limit on the ignore list... I don't understand why there is one in the first place.. we should be able to ignore as many players in the game as we want.

98% of my ignore list is gold spammers.. the other two are the guy who always tells everyone they're "poor" and brags about his stupid computer that mommy and daddy bought him, and the complete and utter toolbag who constantly blathers crap about THOR every time he logs in.

With all the gold spammers in game it would be NICE if there was no limit on the ignore list... I don't understand why there is one in the first place.. we should be able to ignore as many players in the game as we want.

98% of my ignore list is gold spammers.. the other two are the guy who always tells everyone they're "poor" and brags about his stupid computer that mommy and daddy bought him, and the complete and utter toolbag who constantly blathers crap about THOR every time he logs in.

periodically just go in and clean them out. gold spammers last probably a day or two before they go poof and re-roll new toons. As such every few days just delete them and add the new ones.

its the systemic players that need to be maintained.

ehh.. no. I don't have time to keep track of who's who on that list... no interest in it either.. if I block someone, it's pretty much a permanent thing.

like that doofus who constantly talks about THOR every single time he logs in and has been doing so for nearly a year... no WAY he's coming off my ignore list.

Instead of raising the limit, there's a couple of things that would make managing the list easier. First, add a notes field. Second, make "Report Spam" auto ignore with an appropriate note. Third, allow mass delete of ignores with a given note text.

An alternate solution would be to have an ignore list and a spammer list. "Report Spam" adds the name (account?) to the spammer list. Names on the spammer list are ignored. The spammer list is account wide. Add a clear the spammer list button or add the time the spammer was entered and remove the oldest when you add a new one.

Don't even bother /ignoring the credit farmers, it's a complete waste of time and effort since that one you just /ignored will be gone the next day and a different one with a different name will take its place.

Just spam report and move on. One credit spammer per night every 60s is nothing. Also, if you're off fleet and playing the game (warzones, GSF, flashpoints, etc) you don't even see them anyway.

Trying to /ignore credit farmers is futile but you can make your time better well spent by just spam-reporting and doing something else. You'll never have to worry about a full /ignore list or have to worry about cleaning it out every month. If they increase how many you're allowed to /ignore at once it'll probably bog-down your game the same way knowing more and more crafting schematics does.

• 1 month later...
It's nice to know the gold spammers may or may not go away. Still I often get the "you cannot ignore anyone else" alert so why not add another 25 slots?

Cuz then when you use those up you'll want another 25. And then you'll want another 25. And so on it goes. Also, from what I understand about performance, and I see it in my artifice's crafting list, is that longer lists will hog resources.

Play smarter, not harder. Report them, but don't /ignore them, and just try and do more things away from fleet.