Does Rest XP depend on the # of characters per server? A bug or a feature?

DomiSotto

I started to develop 11th character, and I noticed that he runs out of rest XP in a matter of minutes (<30 min of gameplay after ~ 18-20 hrs log out). I created the 12th character, and he was created with an orange bar, rather than a green bar like everyone else?

I have a Lvl 48, 45, 35, then 5 chars on levels 12-19, and the 4 that are babies, in the under level 10 range. All of them save for the newest one are resting in the Rest Zones. None but the latest 2 low levels (level 17-19 and the level 4-7) I was playing ran out of rested XPs ever.

Am I penalized for carrying too many low level chars per server? Is the resting XP cumulative to the account?

No, rested XP is built up whenever and for a long as you stay in resting areas like cantinas, fleet or your ship (even when you log out).

The longer the stay, the more rested XP. That is done for every character of your legacy individually (there's a cap for max rested XP based on your level).

Edited by Sundown

No, rested XP is built up whenever and for a long as you stay in resting areas like cantinas, fleet or your ship (even when you log out).

I thought rested XP was build up wherever you logged out, and that only build up faster in resting area's?

Yep, like people said, it doesn't depend on the number of chars. Every char starts with orange bars, no rested XP.

You get about 1/8th of a level of rested XP for a day without playing that character. (That is, if you logged out on the fleet/on your ship/in cantina/in another rest area. If you log in outside of any rest areas, you get less rested XP).

Max rested XP is one level. (But if you have that max, say, on level 50, you never need to rest anymore, you'll get on that rested XP to level 55 with no trouble)

Rested XP is for killing monsters only! That is, you're normally getting 353 xp for each kill if your XP bar is orange, but if rested XP is in effect, you are getting 706 xp. You're still getting the normal amount of XP for your quest completion/space quests/codex/exploration, if no XP boosts are present.

(Rested XP doesn't really influence the lower levels, though. I usually get level 10-11 when I level a rested XP character with all quests done on the homeworld, and level 8-9 character with no rested XP and only class quests done. Same for the capital world - level 15-16 with most of the quests done and a rested XP bar, and level 13 with only class quests done and no rested XP.)

TY so much everyone for helping out! I was about to start deleting level 1 chars, now I can keep them :) I guess, I just didn't pay attention in my early days to the color of the bar? Or maybe I played for long enough stretches to level to 11-12 in one session and then the rest caught up without me noticing it going orange more than once. Edited by DomiSotto

Couple of things:

- Like others have said you can only get one level worth of rested, so a lowbie will burn through that rested quite easily since it won't be that much

- Rested doesn't apply to quest XP only XP from kills. You may have don e more or less of the other on each char. More kills means you're using more rested. If you do the bare minimum and sneak past everything else just to get the quests done your rested will last longer but it's still the same amount.

- You're more experienced. The content is probably just easier now and you kill things faster and so you burn through your rested faster. You probably have better gear passed on form higher level toons to help out as well.

Duh, you are right! I think you are spot on with the "kill more" - I am slaughtering left and right while waiting on my slower-playing hubby! On my solo/earlier toons, I was just running the quests and killing 'on the way'. Mystery solved! Edited by DomiSotto

Duh, you are right! I think you are spot on with the "kill more" - I am slaughtering left and right while waiting on my slower-playing hubby! On my solo/earlier toons, I was just running the quests and killing 'on the way'. Mystery solved!

is he playing a trooper with stubby legs?

Otherwise tell him to unhook the plow and move!

Nah, we are both Smugglers. Once we are done Ord and Coruscant, I will hook up his Smuggler with my earlier Trooper who is now staring down Aric in Taris' Cantina, and let this Smuggler run amok on his own... or wait for his maybe one day Consular.

My hubby was real stubborn about running more characters than one till I hit the paydirt telling him how he can get all 6 crafters set up if we only finish the Cap World on 6 pairs of chars. Now I am playing a ruthless mass murderer, but I get social on at least 6 toons. And have to figure out which ones to put in carbonite till he is ready to play 2 more classes.

Edited by DomiSotto