Why no OP size PVP warzones yet?

ZahirS

Dont think tech is the problem, we already have wide planets hosting 30+ players at the time also phase technology.

So a warzone with 16 vs 16 is more than wanted its required at this point.

16v16 would be cool...

I think a more fluid transition of warzones is more important (Xserver ques being most important)

What I mean by this is...... say you que for regs... you get into a Warzone... the warzone finishes... your team and the enemy team is automatically loaded into a new warzone. This could even be an option you check when you que so you are not forced into it, even though there is nothing stopping you from leaving and the team getting a new/backfill player.

If anything it would be a band aid fix till xserver ques / server merges happen (or the game is taken down whatever comes first)

As far as 16v16. You could take the fluid design like above but make it more real time. Have a large warzone, large enough that when you spawn you will want to take a speeder to the most *front line* outpost.

The ground teams would be 10 v 10. Then have a whole Z-axis to the warzone where the other 6v6 takes place in the sky in a GSF fight.

The ground portion would have 3 Flak cannons closer to each teams spawn point that would be uncappable. then 3 more in the middle that would be cappable. The uncappable flak cannons would be automated, and the cappable ones would require a single player to man.

These flak cannons would do damage and possibly kill any GSF flying too low. The GSF portion of the fight would be TDM, and the GSFs couldn't harm players but can damage and destroy the flak cannons. If a flak cannon is destroyed the point becomes neutral.

Goal of the warzone is basically TDM. Reach X amount of kills to win

Dont think tech is the problem, we already have wide planets hosting 30+ players at the time also phase technology.

So a warzone with 16 vs 16 is more than wanted its required at this point.

Are you certain of this? Go on Oricon, try to attack the enemy base with 15 friends. Just do this and you will notice that a FPS drop won t allow you to play with more than 10 fps.

You can easily play with 40 players on a planet if you are not gather together. But if you join all those players on a small area, game engine will get totaly mad!

Game engine has been coded with foot. That's the big problem of this game and that's why you won't see mass PvP until engine is updated.

Yes I mean warzones with speeder points, some areas would be taken or recovered and players could use mounts, speeders and anything they can use for this.

I know lagg does happen, but I think has to do server-terrain-models, if somehow Bioware added a big flat terrain lets say a Aladeraan Open Landscape with a few trees, rocks, etc. I think lagg wouldnt be that much.

16v16 or 24v24 is something many PVP would like

Edited by ZahirS

just think how amazing this game could be :i_confused::i_eek: if only there were some kind of incentive for open world pvp and the engine could actually handle it

Would be back on my slinger in a heart beat if they had Star Wars style siege warfare. Oh man; that would be a blast! Oh well. Maybe the next Star Wars MMO will have wars and space actually integrated in stead of their own seperate mini-games. Someday. :rolleyes:

Edited by TechTheHic

just think how amazing this game could be :i_confused::i_eek: if only there were some kind of incentive for open world pvp and the engine could actually handle it

Agreed, I will always hope for a game to be created that is all the good things about Planetside 2, but with the classes (and some of the abilities) of SWTOR

16 v 16? Do you have any idea how long that queue would take to pop?

Queues sometimes take 15+min as is, only to throw you in a 4v4 reg-arena after all that time.

you are not on pot5 if you are waiting 15 min for WZs to pop. rated solo doesn't even take 15 min to pop. unless you are playing at some ridiculous time like 3 am on a weekday.

Why no OP size PVP warzones yet?

I mean we need to raid in PVP and prove which side is stronger no?

Because a warzone with 32 people in it would apparently cause BioWare's servers to burst into flames and then hang themselves and then rise from the dead as zombies and go on a killing spree through the Austin HQ, devouring the brains of all the gameplay and client programmers.

Edited by MCaliban

you are not on pot5 if you are waiting 15 min for WZs to pop. rated solo doesn't even take 15 min to pop. unless you are playing at some ridiculous time like 3 am on a weekday.

I guess I don't know what server I'm on then when I play during prime time. :(

Edited by SOULCASTER

Im sure a BIG warzone for 16 vs 16 would be BIG.

If it was designed in a way in which it spread out the players I think this would work. Something like 3 capture points that required players to be at the point to keep it ticking down/up. A territories type capture point where points ticked off via whoever had the most players in the area. So it would force players on your team to go to many points rather than bunching up.

Because a warzone with 32 people in it would apparently cause BioWare's servers to burst into flames and then hang themselves and then rise from the dead as zombies and go on a killing spree through the Austin HQ, devouring the brains of all the gameplay and client programmers.

I was taking a drink when I read this. Water came out my nose.

Edited by jrwellworth

What I mean by this is...... say you que for regs... you get into a Warzone... the warzone finishes... your team and the enemy team is automatically loaded into a new warzone. This could even be an option you check when you que so you are not forced into it, even though there is nothing stopping you from leaving and the team getting a new/backfill player.

I posted a dedicated thread on this about a month ago and got lit up. I don't know why either. Seems like this would be a welcome option to just auto fill the next match when finished with the current match rather than forcing players to load back into fleet, then queue, then load back into another match. Seems like at the end of the wz a button could be added to the score board to re-queue along with the exit button. If you wanted to leave you could hit exit, if you wanted to go straight to the next match you'd hit the button to re-queue and then the new match would just back fill the players spots that left with players that were currently queued on fleet or wherever.

Some QoL items like this, being able to look at the the scoreboard from the last match after leaving the current wz, and checking leader boards and stats from in game and in matches along with xserver are desperately needed for wz's.