Why is my Instance always the crowded one?

Trintric

It is a dual faction Star Wars MMO ffs. The only reason the original devs didn't pay much attention to PvP is that they foolishly thought that PVP would be a secondary concern for most players, which they admitted they were wrong about. They didn't pay too much attention to endgame PvE either, with only EV and the first KP boss at launch. If ranked hadn't been delayed in 1.2, causing tens of thousands of unsubs, the hardcore PvP population would've been much higher throughout the history of the game so far, which would've prodded more and better PvP content to cater to that population. Just because a game isn't currently catering to a certain style of play doesn't mean that it shouldn't be doing so. This game isn't neither inherently PvP nor PvE. Just because the devs have decided to focus more on PvE content does not mean it is a fundamentally PvE game, or that PvP should learn its place as a mini-game.

This game has always been a Primary PvE Based game that is the majority, PvP was a minority mini-game at best.

If you want to fix that (very annoying and very old) bug without losing the instance you're in you can force close the game with Alt+F4 (yes, I'm being serious). When the game doesn't get a chance to shut down normally it registers it as a disconnect, not a log out. When you log back in you should be in the same instance you were in, and still in your group if you were in one.

Hmmmm, thanks, i will definitely be trying this trick asap