Collecting Modded CM armors (15, 31)

Currently you can't Collect the modded CM armors, assumedly because players could then make Infinite Mods for their alts. Talking Pathfinder's, Outlaw, MA-35, Destroyer, Street Slicer, etc.

I would like the Shells, without Mods, to be retrievable from Collections once you equip the whole set once (like the empty CM shells, like Clandestine Officer).

I don't give a womprat's bottom about the mods inside these things. I buy them for the cosmetics, and only the cosmetics.

But even I'm not willing to buy them repeatedly for different Companions, etc. at the CM prices. Clandestine Officer? Of course. 1440 CC once + whatever the unlock was (480? I think?) for infinite Imperial suits — sold.

1200 every time I want a goofy visor from Pathfinder or a giant Guerilla chestplate or an medical coat or... ? No. Just no. I find an alternative design.

Essentially, the mods are inflating the value of these items beyond what they're really worth for certain purposes (eg, Space Barbie) and to no benefit (because at say, level 50 you just overwrite the mods immediately anyway).

Leave the modded versions in, that's a fine quirk of CM. I'm sure some people do pay it just to twink out their leveling alts at 15 / 31.

Just let us retrieve empty-shell versions from Collections for cosmetic purposes. :)

Agreed, great suggestion. I bought the Destroyer set during the sale, and though I'd like additional pieces from it for a few Companions, I don't want them enough to buy multiple new copies of the set! The mods were nice and all, but completely unneeded for cosmetic purposes, and I'd be fine if they only came with the initially purchased set.

Sort of like how when you retrieve direct-sale CM mounts from your Collections, they don't come with the Improved Speeder Piloting perk that the initial purchase includes.

Absolutely +1!

I had to google to figure out why some sets weren't retrivable. It didn't even dawn on me, that some mid-level-mods could be the reason for them not to be. After all... level 31? how long does it take one to get up to 35/37 when those mods are already irrelavant again?

But the suggestion of adding a shell once you unlocked them... great!

Signed, signed, and signed again - would love for this to be implemented.

Having some sets that can be reclaimed/unlocked and some that cannot just overly complicates the collections system, and not being able to unlock for your account is cutting off options that people would be spending CCs on.

Edited by DarthDymond

Wait...these are in the Collections screen...but you can't collect them? (I have the Outlaw's set, but none of my characters are 31 yet, so I haven't 'unlocked', or rather, equipped and bound it, yet.)

I'm really glad I happened to see this thread before I hit 31. Because I want some pieces for some characters, and some for others. But I probably would have unknowingly bound them all to one character, intending to collect the set, and then I would have been screwed.

So yes, I'd like them to be collectable. But if not that, AT LEAST remove them from Collections. Non-collectable stuff just shouldn't be there.

Edited by Clarian

Yes please! There are a number of sets and chests I'd like, but won't buy because of that. It's a roadblock to me spending more money on my wardrobe. :mad:

I'd also like to be able to add the Cartel Reputation sets into my collection...

+2

Signed with both hands!

And then some!

I actually wanted to buy a set (I think it was the Outlaw one) but after I noticed that I cant reclaim more copies from collections, I went "NO FREAKIN' WAY!" and so I didn't buy it. FAIL bio... fail.

Signed! 100% signed. I never understood why some have mods in them anyway.

Originally all of the Cartel Market items had mods in them, except for the items in the packs. The Valiant Jedi set was the first one added that was a set of empty shells. After that, every single set was an empty shell and they removed a fair amount of the items with the mods in them (the level 40 chest pieces, I believe). I don't know if they originally had it in their heads that all of the items would have mods, and changed their minds later, or if they wanted the first items to have the mods but then not the rest, or what. But regardless, this is a good idea–give us a chance to copy these sets, please. Empty shells FTW.