In-Game Moderators

Kremsau

I haven't seen any sign of an in-game moderator. Do they exist?

In past MMO's they've logged on during in-game events to help organize or would pop-on randomly to make sure the General Chat was clean and to zap gold spammers.

None that I have ever seen, think everything is handled outside the game, via reports / petitions / phone / forum support.

Would be nice to see a Guide system in the game, honestly all MMOs should have it. Had to be the best times I ever had on EQ / EQ2 to be honest, and I will always remember them!

Edited by Hoshkar

There are In-Game Customer Service Agents. Usually, they moderate and help players using the mail / ticket system or through email if a serious infraction occurred. I have never seen them in General Chat before. Rarely, they will actually come into the game to help players out using a unique droid model. A picture of one is here: http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/03/live-csr-agent-on-korriban.html

If a person is moderated, you will never know: BioWare keeps all moderation actions a secret. The only indication is if the person is suddenly absent.

Also, do not take matters into your own hands. In my guild, there was a RL couple that broke up. The guy started posting nasty and personal information about his now ex in General Chat. Almost everyone that saw the information reported it. Due to the mods never saying anything, the ex and a few guildmates started to harass his new guild (without telling them why at first.) They also kicked out a few people from our guild that would not help in the harassment. Turns out that the mods had already acted and gave a multi-month ban on the ex-boyfriend for what he had posted. In response for the harassment, the people in our guild that did the harassment got a few days to a few weeks of being banned from the game.

I've never seen a GM avatar, but I have been helped in game a time or two by a live CSR (when my char was stuck and the usual /stuck or QT or relog didn't fix the issue). Hasn't happened recently, but then I haven't needed that sort of assistance recently.

There are In-Game Customer Service Agents. Usually, they moderate and help players using the mail / ticket system or through email if a serious infraction occurred. I have never seen them in General Chat before. Rarely, they will actually come into the game to help players out using a unique droid model. A picture of one is here: http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/03/live-csr-agent-on-korriban.html

If a person is moderated, you will never know: BioWare keeps all moderation actions a secret. The only indication is if the person is suddenly absent.

Also, do not take matters into your own hands. In my guild, there was a RL couple that broke up. The guy started posting nasty and personal information about his now ex in General Chat. Almost everyone that saw the information reported it. Due to the mods never saying anything, the ex and a few guildmates started to harass his new guild (without telling them why at first.) They also kicked out a few people from our guild that would not help in the harassment. Turns out that the mods had already acted and gave a multi-month ban on the ex-boyfriend for what he had posted. In response for the harassment, the people in our guild that did the harassment got a few days to a few weeks of being banned from the game.

This. All of this. Every bit of it. I used to be an in-game CSR for another game, and all of this is truth. PARTICULARLY THE LAST PARAGRAPH!

If you have a problem, report it. It will be seen. Guaranteed. -bp

(I love that droid model they use!)

There are In-Game Customer Service Agents. Usually, they moderate and help players using the mail / ticket system or through email if a serious infraction occurred. I have never seen them in General Chat before. Rarely, they will actually come into the game to help players out using a unique droid model. A picture of one is here: http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2012/...-korriban.html

A few guild members and me, were on Tython one day when we had taken notice of one "protocol droid" standing outside the Jedi Enclave.

Am I the only one who noticed that in those screenshots, the "target" portrait doesn't match the droid?

According to what I have heard is that the Bioware team does not get to play on "company time", so when they start off with their character creation, they create it just like the rest of us. If in the course of their job though, they can enter the game with their own character but with a "droid" appearance, similar to the appearance tab many have heard about from other games, such as SWG.

In past MMO's they've logged on during in-game events to help organize or would pop-on randomly to make sure the General Chat was clean and to zap gold spammers.

That is correct. There are many reasons for them to enter the game, sometimes to make a public appearance, or sometimes incognito.

* To monitor or moderate

* To get an idea or feedback of how players like or respond to different or new things.

* To assist players.

* To setup an event .

There's a thread here some where that's been heavily edited about a mod in game abusing players and how BW ignored complaints about him or her. I can't find the thread here or reference right off.

edit: Found it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465256

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465821

Edited by dr_mike