[BUG] Fix Ability Delay on Vital Shot for Gunslingers!

Saregon

Come on BW, Vital Shot for gunslingers has had major ability delay like FOREVER, and it's WAY passed time to fix it. You push the button and it literally takes like a whole second to fire off. The animation plays, and then when it's done the shot finally goes off. Oddly this doesn't seem to happen every single time, just 99 out of 100 times. Why it works fine 1% of the time is not for us to figure out, but it's up to you guys to fix it. That is all.

• 1 month later...

A good way to reproduce this feeling of delay is by using both Dirty Fighting and Lethality for a while on a dummy. Just basic rotation.

Pay attention to Vital Shot and Corrosive Dart and you will notice the difference in animation. That is what is bothering the OP and many other gunslingers.

• 3 weeks later...

After thorough experimentation without getting paid by BW, I have determined the problem. Now it's up to them to actually fix it! I fired of 50 successive rounds of Vital Shot, every single one of them bugged and here's what's happening. The animation plays from the MAIN HAND, but nothing happens, then a second later the shot finally fires from the OFF HAND (with no corresponding animation from the off hand, makes it look like "it just went off" lol). Move the shot fire to the main hand weapon and set it to fire off when the button is pressed and it's fixed, it's up to your coders to figure it out from there.

Also makes me wonder if this has anything to do with how we shoot ourselves in the foot with the offhand every time we holster our weapons...yet another dual wielding pistol bug they need to fix that's been around since the beginning.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Preliminary Patch Notes 3.1! It would appear this might FINALLY be getting fixed?! Here's hoping, if not, I'll be sure to keep this thread up again. My Gunslinger has been collecting dust for 2 years because of this, it's a "vital" ability (pun intended) to the dirty fighting rotation (my favorite spec) and completely ruined the feel of it for me. My scruffy old nerf herder might be coming out of retirement next week!

• 2 weeks later...

FIXED OMG YES! Can finally bring my gunslinger out of his locked smuggling compartment.

Actually an entirely new animation! THANK YOU!! (well not entirely new, looks like some other attacks in game, but entirely different for vital shot anyway, now a two handed leaning shot).

Edited by Saregon