The forum gives me a headache

adventray

No, this has nothing to do with all the recent threads and stuff. Kinda fun to read actually. No, I mean I literally seem to get a headache while looking at the forum. Highlighting stuff actually helps, or doing something else even a tab over, but still.

On that note, is there an option for a different skin background? Might help a bit.

No, this has nothing to do with all the recent threads and stuff. Kinda fun to read actually. No, I mean I literally seem to get a headache while looking at the forum. Highlighting stuff actually helps, or doing something else even a tab over, but still.

On that note, is there an option for a different skin background? Might help a bit.

migraine?

What you are describing sounds like eyestrain.. and the default color scheme is not really hard on the eyes... though some peoples choices for font color is.

Try adjusting font size (via browser zoom). I suggest this because one of the first signs of eye strain is what you are describing, most often because one eye is weaker then the other.. and may actually be under strain to keep balanced with the other eye. Larger font size is the easiest way to test this. Higher contrast will also work to some degree.

When I start to get eye strain head aches.. I know it's time to go have my eyes checked and prescription updated.

Edited by Andryah

What you are describing sounds like eyestrain.. and the default color scheme is not really hard on the eyes... though some peoples choices for font color is.

Try adjusting font size (via browser zoom). I suggest this because one of the first signs of eye strain is what you are describing, most often because one eye is weaker then the other.. and may actually be under strain to keep balanced with the other eye. Larger font size is the easiest way to test this. Higher contrast will also work to some degree.

When I start to get eye strain head aches.. I know it's time to go have my eyes checked and prescription updated.

The font size itself is fine, I'm reading on another site as well with smaller font that works fine. I think its the actual colors, on another thread a person was using purple font and it felt better reading it than reading with the default color.

That said, I'll give it a try. I did just go and get an eye examination and everything was fine, and again, its only this site which is why I brought it up. Just kinda weird.

The font size itself is fine, I'm reading on another site as well with smaller font that works fine. I think its the actual colors, on another thread a person was using purple font and it felt better reading it than reading with the default color.

That said, I'll give it a try. I did just go and get an eye examination and everything was fine, and again, its only this site which is why I brought it up. Just kinda weird.

Well, I have always found the color scheme they use here to be really good personally.... but everyone's eyes are different.... so if it is the color scheme...... then adjusting contrast and brightness is probably your best shot.

Well, I have always found the color scheme they use here to be really good personally.... but everyone's eyes are different.... so if it is the color scheme...... then adjusting contrast and brightness is probably your best shot.

Zooming in AND highlighting pretty much makes it go away, so I think I'll be fine now. Thanks for the suggestions!