A question to the devs and the community

DeltaBos

Dear Devs,

First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of the SWTOR community in general as a whole for increasing your level or transparency. It is a very welcome change and the community/dev team relationship can only improve as a result.

Also, I and (most of) the community are obviously thrilled with Galactic Strongholds on the Horizon and the “Forged Alliances” story arc. In addition with Guild Flagships to look forward to, and the new additions to pvp, we have many things to be excited for and wait in anticipation of.

Now, the purpose of this post and thread is to outline some of the things that I have noticed a large part of the community asking for and would like to ask for feedback from the community. Show your support/utter hatred of these requests. From the devs, I would like to ask if any of these are being considered, or if any of these flat out cannot happen and why.

1. Continuation of class stories:

By now most of us can safely assume that this is very likely not going to be continued. There has been no such individual content post Chapter 3 for our classes (not including Makeb and again, we really are enjoying the “forged alliances” story but I’m talking specifically about individual class stories.) This is something that many fans have been asking for and what really separated this game from the market. We would very much appreciate it if we could get a definitive yes or no response as to whether this is a possibility at any point in the future, and if we get a definitive “no” the reason behind the decision.

2. Different playable races:

We’ve heard everything from Nautolan, to Voss, to droid, to, of course, Jawa. This is one of the most popular desires I’ve noticed on the chat and the prevailing race right now seems to be Togruta. A lot of people are really wanting to see Togruta as a playable race right now. Is there any chance that we’ll get this species at some point in the future? Can we have some elaboration as to the feasibility of this request? Are other species being added to the game in the future and if so what should we expect?

3. More with the companions:

This is obviously similar to the class stories one. Is there any chance of this ever happening? To my knowledge there has been no definite answer on this and it’s something a lot of people really want, the logic being that essentially, we go from:

“Hey honey, I love you, let’s get hitched.”

“I’m all for it, after the war.”

“Great”

<never talk to each other again>

Again, can we please receive some info as to the feasibility of this?

4: Cross-faction server ques:

To be honest, I have no idea what this is I just see players constantly SCREAMING for it that I had to add this here. Whatever it is, players seem to want it are certainly vocal about it. I don’t know what it is or what’s involved but it seems to be a major desire among most players.

5. Pazzak as a min-game:

This seems like something that would be easy to set up as a mini-game. I can see this being a simple and feasible min-game addition. Within a month of this being added there will be whole tournaments set up in game, that’s for sure, and it would simply be a fun way to pass the time. (I’d go great with the “spoils of war” game update… hint hint)

I’d go into pvp but, well, the demands of the pvp community are too much to fit into this thread. Community, please show your support/disdain for the above mentioned additions, and I would very much appreciate it if any info from the dev team can elaborate on any future plans on any of these. I am not in any way saying I’m unsatisfied with the content that has been released, I’m just asking if (1)any of these are feasible, why or why not, (2)are they being considered at all, and (3)to gauge the community’s level of support for these requests.

Thank you very much and May the Force be with everyone

Sounds like a real-life marriage to me.

For the most part Mako and I don't do much talking post marriage conversation.;) but I'd be nice to hear more from them again. It could be a nice addition with galactic strongholds since we can have our comps there

Dear Devs,

First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of the SWTOR community in general as a whole for increasing your level or transparency. It is a very welcome change and the community/dev team relationship can only improve as a result.

Also, I and (most of) the community are obviously thrilled with Galactic Strongholds on the Horizon and the “Forged Alliances” story arc. In addition with Guild Flagships to look forward to, and the new additions to pvp, we have many things to be excited for and wait in anticipation of.

Now, the purpose of this post and thread is to outline some of the things that I have noticed a large part of the community asking for and would like to ask for feedback from the community. Show your support/utter hatred of these requests. From the devs, I would like to ask if any of these are being considered, or if any of these flat out cannot happen and why.

1. Continuation of class stories:

By now most of us can safely assume that this is very likely not going to be continued. There has been no such individual content post Chapter 3 for our classes (not including Makeb and again, we really are enjoying the “forged alliances” story but I’m talking specifically about individual class stories.) This is something that many fans have been asking for and what really separated this game from the market. We would very much appreciate it if we could get a definitive yes or no response as to whether this is a possibility at any point in the future, and if we get a definitive “no” the reason behind the decision.

2. Different playable races:

We’ve heard everything from Nautolan, to Voss, to droid, to, of course, Jawa. This is one of the most popular desires I’ve noticed on the chat and the prevailing race right now seems to be Togruta. A lot of people are really wanting to see Togruta as a playable race right now. Is there any chance that we’ll get this species at some point in the future? Can we have some elaboration as to the feasibility of this request? Are other species being added to the game in the future and if so what should we expect?

3. More with the companions:

This is obviously similar to the class stories one. Is there any chance of this ever happening? To my knowledge there has been no definite answer on this and it’s something a lot of people really want, the logic being that essentially, we go from:

“Hey honey, I love you, let’s get hitched.”

“I’m all for it, after the war.”

“Great”

<never talk to each other again>

Again, can we please receive some info as to the feasibility of this?

4: Cross-faction server ques:

To be honest, I have no idea what this is I just see players constantly SCREAMING for it that I had to add this here. Whatever it is, players seem to want it are certainly vocal about it. I don’t know what it is or what’s involved but it seems to be a major desire among most players.

5. Pazzak as a min-game:

This seems like something that would be easy to set up as a mini-game. I can see this being a simple and feasible min-game addition. Within a month of this being added there will be whole tournaments set up in game, that’s for sure, and it would simply be a fun way to pass the time. (I’d go great with the “spoils of war” game update… hint hint)

I’d go into pvp but, well, the demands of the pvp community are too much to fit into this thread. Community, please show your support/disdain for the above mentioned additions, and I would very much appreciate it if any info from the dev team can elaborate on any future plans on any of these. I am not in any way saying I’m unsatisfied with the content that has been released, I’m just asking if (1)any of these are feasible, why or why not, (2)are they being considered at all, and (3)to gauge the community’s level of support for these requests.

Thank you very much and May the Force be with everyone

NUMBER 1:

class stories, we need them. i am not saying, in a while, i mean now! many veteran players are leaving. if they were to care more about a steady stream of temporary players to fill up the tank faster than the leak is emptying out the long-time veterans, i think the game would already be dead inside. sometimes i think they show minor signs of caring more about getting than maintaining, but so far BW has done a great job.

NUMBER 2:

i feel that the races are just another one of bioware's "cosmetic" crap. i truly wish that buying CC had a non vanity use other than some awesome legacy perks, "pay to win" should not be the devil. if someone spends real money for CC, then they should have a non vanity use for it. i would like to enhance abilities/stats with points buyable with CC, to a limited degree, i don't want gods here! i also want these points obtainable ingame, that way it is fair.

over all, CC should be usable to bypass work, not gain free power, but if someone wants to torture themselves to get the same amount of power without using the money that bioware needs to live, let them! that experience should be unenjoyable to an extent to encourage players to give BW more money. swtor is a very fair game, and i want to keep it as such. however, if there is no reason other than fashion to buy CC, why buy it at all.

NUMBER 3:

i feel that having NPCs that follow you on adventures that have their own personality and history is a crucial part of the class story, not just a bonus. i agree with the orange highlighted area.

NUMBER 4:

cross-server queues are a must, i have spent up to 2 hours at most for 1 ranked game! it turns out everyone was just doing unranked, which, ironically, had arenas in them. every time a 55er arena pops in i say in gen chat "we should be doing this ranked!" i love having a leaderboard that i can look up and see my character up there on the swtor website! i feel it would be a good idea that has gone unanswered for quite a while.

NUMBER 5:

minigames would be nice, although i do not no what Pazzak is, although i have seen a holographic chess game with little monsters before, is that it?

Edited by CyberneticDucks

The only one of those that I don't know has been answered is the Pazzak one.

The rest, you either have not done the research to find the answers or you didn't like the answers so you're asking again.

/Agree.

And on the Pazaak front..... I'm pretty sure they are going to jump out from behind a rock on this one and surprise us. It's just a matter of when.. but since it's a surprise... players will just have to hold their water.

/Agree.

And on the Pazaak front..... I'm pretty sure they are going to jump out from behind a rock on this one and surprise us. It's just a matter of when.. but since it's a surprise... players will just have to hold their water.

Like I said it doesn't seem difficult and with "spoils of war" coming up... good time to surprise us with that