The lack of "Built-In" VOIP is really giving premades a HUGE advantage

Zharik

Then I challenge you to set up something... queue solo for a few matches and see how many you get to join you. If you are group queuing, then that is a premade and does not count. Good luck! (I actually mean that completely)

Report your success/failure here and we can discuss it.

Too many variables. Finding a random person with the same program on another channel at the same time. I think you would have better odds at winning lotto.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
/signed

This was a common feature of Lord of the Rings Online, it works well with PUGS and any group content.

LOTRO is the only MMO that I have played with integrated VOIP that the players actually use it. WoW and STO both have it and it almost never gets used, and that would likely be the fate of VOIP added to TOR as well. I'd rather they spend time/money on a system that would see some real usage then on integrating VOIP to little change.

/not signed

Waste of resources when theres alternatives available. Yet to find a guild that didn’t have voice coms of some sorts, I spend half my time grouped and half solo queue and prefer voice coms and nothing stopping pugs getting on one voice coms if there regulars. The team mates I have are all from different guilds. I would much rather they focus more game modes, more maps etc than something that’s really not needed and something else could be used.

I remember ingame coms for ddo it was aweful quality, worse further apart people in world were. Ts, skype, mumble, vent all far better to use.

If you gave the vast majority of the gsf community the choice and im talking the regulars that queue up every time there on the ones that make the games pop the choice: more maps and game modes, personalised fighters or a ingame voice coms that may or may not be reliable think you would find we choose game modes, maps etc.

Seriously, will the premades give it a freaking rest? Yes, we know that you're better than pugs - not through any individual levels of skill, but simply because you can co-ordinate, while pug groups can't. Yes, you're going to win....but do you have to be such jerks about it?

All that your 1,000 - 5 victories are doing is discouraging others from playing the game. That's it.

Seriously, will the premades give it a freaking rest? Yes, we know that you're better than pugs - not through any individual levels of skill, but simply because you can co-ordinate, while pug groups can't. Yes, you're going to win....but do you have to be such jerks about it?

All that your 1,000 - 5 victories are doing is discouraging others from playing the game. That's it.

I group with pugs half the time, and half im on my own.

If you think my skill solely relies on being in a group come to red eclipse and look me up. Even in a game against premades and im solo queue youll rarely ever see me out top 3 of the match in all categories and that don’t matter win or severe loss I give every match 100% and the opposition feels it. Another thing don’t go blaming all ya losses on premades ive had some amazing games against premades won and lost. The main issue for me is matchmaking is not working correctly all time even when theres numbers available.

Don’t judge me because my opinion is different to OP’s and yours, im entitled to that, I would just like to see time, money spent on the actual game rather than something anyone could get elsewhere if they could bothered and bothered to organise there groups.

And for record i actually do my best to help newbies, i contact them i guide them i take them under my wing and i also make it clear to teams i join DONT FARM NEWBIES i do more than most that ***** bout premades.

I group with pugs half the time, and half im on my own.

If you think my skill solely relies on being in a group come to red eclipse and look me up.

I'm not even on the same server as you. Taking it all a mite personally, ain't you?

Even in a game against premades and im solo queue youll rarely ever see me out top 3 of the match in all categories

Likewise with me. I'm no slouch, you know.

and that don’t matter win or severe loss I give every match 100% and the opposition feels it

Mhm, very admirable I'm sure.

Another thing don’t go blaming all ya losses on premades ive had some amazing games against premades won and lost.

I was doing no such thing, but nice strawman.

The main issue for me is matchmaking is not working correctly all time even when theres numbers available.

It's an issue too, yes.

Don’t judge me because my opinion is different to OP’s and yours, im entitled to that,

You are indeed entitled to your opinion...and if your opinion reeks of conceited, snobbish strawmanning, I'm entitled to call you on it.

Consider yourself called on it.

I would just like to see time, money spent on the actual game rather than something anyone could get elsewhere if they could bothered and bothered to organise there groups.

Coherence would be of benefit to this sentence...but I suspect I'll end up agreeing with the end result. BioWare could better spend their time improving GSF than putting new skins on fighters and charging through the nose for the result.

And for record i actually do my best to help newbies, i contact them i guide them i take them under my wing and i also make it clear to teams i join DONT FARM NEWBIES i do more than most that ***** bout premades.

Very admirable, I'm sure. I'm also sure that - if you're speaking the truth - you're one of a handful. The great bulk of premades I see love their triple-cap, 1000-5 score...and more than a few have then logged over to Imperial alts to gloat about it. Basically, they have no concept of sportsmanship, and it's wrecking the enjoyment GSF gives a lot of people who aren't fortunate enough to belong to GSF-focused guilds.

On the 1 side, i have been part of non premades, (ie my raid group once we got burned out raiding) straight up decimate teams of good gsf pilots who i recognise on sight because we had TS.

On the other side, we are a team of 8 people who know and are used to working with eachother and communicating effectively to accomplish a goal. This is not most pugs. Even if you could get them into it and with mics, which is doubtful, they wouldn't know how to communicate with most of the other players in an effectve manner, either becase they communicate poorly in general or just aren't used to flying together and covering eachother.

As an example, people in warzones (i'd guess the majority but i have no proof) quite frequently say crap like INC left. *** is left? Left changes with where I am and what I'm doing, and there are 3 nodes. It's neadlessly confusing, and even worse in voice chat when people near you are actually allerting you of threats to your left, while people are calling inc left while they mean west. (Say east/west/north/south, it's universal.) Now, this is a problem in regualr WZ on a 2d plane. Now imagine a 3d enviroment with no clear up or down. Left is less than useless. As is any non compas direction, and even with the use of compass directions there are 2 directions unaccounted for (the z axis) and you don't know anyones names without taking the second to look or have anyones voices associated with their names so yo don't know who to help.

In short, i don't see it helping anyone not already dedicated to using in and used to working with the people they're playing with.

Edited by TalantM