Good infiltration build

114 views and no-one ... I mean no-one has any idea how to build this tree?

I find your lack of expertise ... disturbing.

you lack of searching skill so ;) there is the xinika's post sticked

Edited by IInox

Thanks Inox - I assumed those links were out of date (they were when I stopped looking at the forums) but there was an update so good to go.

For the record I went with 5/33/5. Noticed a significant increase in damage.

I suppose someone will be along soon to tell me that's wrong :p

Why would you not get 36 points in the middle tree but not get Force in Balance either?

If the intention is to play Infiltration, go 7/36/3 or 0/31/15.

Probably a typo - 5/33/5 adds up to level 52, and 6 is right above 3 on the numpad

I suppose someone will be along soon to tell me that's wrong :p

And as foretold, so it has come to pass.

For the record, I did miscount - it's 5/36/5. So why does the other two builds hold an advantage in PvP? I used this one and it was here I noticed extra damage - although not extensively tested.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

im no expert at pvp but isnt force synergy a must in any dps build

Yeah. 2 points in Force Synergy >>> 2 points in Psychokinesis. I'd then trade a point out of Technique Mastery into the third point in Force Synergy, as 3% armor pen is nowhere near as good as 3% melee crit chance (especially if you're facing a Sorcerer).

Actually, now that I see it's 5/37/4, I'd rebuild it as 5/36/5, though depending on whether it's a team build or a solo build, I might swap Nerve Wracking for Shadowy Veil. Nerve Wracking isn't very good solo. You see less than a 1% increase in damage from Nerve Wracking, though your teammates see significantly more due to not losing a GCD worth of damage increase on each move.

Edit: Even tanks used to take Force Synergy (and many still do) pre 2.0.

Edited by Aelanis

atm i use this spec at my shadow in PvP:

http://www.jedispecs.com/jedi-consular-shadow/swtor-jedi-consular-shadow-build-infiltration-pvp-spec/

u have no chance when 3 or more attack u, but u do good dmg and when a healer is near by, have fun with it.

I got rid of Humbling Strike. 3 secs of slow seems a good idea but I found it made little practical difference in PvP.

my build

things to avoid in every Infiltration build imo:

vigor-only have any effect for the opener and since the regeneration is linear having +10 force doesn`t mean anything unlike trooper/smuggler and your goal as a shadow/sin is to never have a full force bar anyway this means a talent point for roughly half of one attack cost in a fight.bad anyway you look at it .

subduing techniques:i dont find it necessary to take and i can manage with 6/12 but i can see if anyone takes it if he

feels his having trouble to catch up or kite tho one point should be enough for anybody.

humbling strike-just unneeded and its straightforward if you pass on subduing techniques you are not going to take it.

nerve wracking-good talent but the uptime is just too low,its a potential 10s uptime in 1min or 4.5 attacks that will benefit 6% from it from you(this is assuming reopen with force cloak+spinning kick and your force stun isn`t cc break) most of the time the uptime will be lower then that.while having 6% for anyone that hits the target is great you can live without it,if you focus fire a target this 6% on low uptime isnt what will score you a kill.on a selfish pov this only good for the opening ss.

jedi resistance-nice and additive also but i find psychokinesis to help more,less saber strike=more overall dmg and the class is very reliant on active dcd`s to survive anyway so while 2% is nice imo psychokinesis>jedi resistance & expertise when looking at the overall benefit.

hope this helps

Edited by avinoamb