Something i Noticed in game "thers nothing AT all in swtor from the origional series"

as in the title... theres nothing in this game that is from the star wars franchise, specially before george lucas sold star wars. this game had its own music,,, after he sold it... theyv added music from the movies to this game..

i know this cause i have OCD bad, and played since beta. and the only thing in this game that is mentioned in the movies is Corellia,

i wonder if theyl start adding content , armor, speeders, who knows since george lucas obviously didnt want anything from his star wars in the game cause of what happend to SWG, so they had to create there own star wars world. hints calling it the old republic, its clever of course, but i just wish theyr was familar stuff in the game. i mean there arent even droids that look like C3po AT all or R2D2 the closest to r2 is the T7 skin but it still isnt close enough,

But like i said with the music added from the movies ,,, hopefully we will see some lore or content from the movies that gives us answers , maybe we'll see a skywalker... or a solo or somthing ... thats just off the top of my head and a eample. anyway,,,,

Food for thought , hate, Rate, Celebrate W/e just give me some good responces and what you think they could add

game is set 3,600+ years before A New Hope... there is a reason we see little connection to the saga.

However I think there is a lot more OT influence in this than you realise, the Sith Empire is almost literally the Galactic Empire besides the difference in Sith.

Just to note one thing.

SWTOR is saturated with references to the movies, ranging from the factions, classes, planets and everything in-between. Of course nothing is exact because this stuff simply doesn't exist yet, but its clearly inspired. Edited by Beniboybling

as in the title... theres nothing in this game that is from the star wars franchise, specially before george lucas sold star wars. this game had its own music,,, after he sold it... theyv added music from the movies to this game..

i know this cause i have OCD bad, and played since beta. and the only thing in this game that is mentioned in the movies is Corellia,

i wonder if theyl start adding content , armor, speeders, who knows since george lucas obviously didnt want anything from his star wars in the game cause of what happend to SWG, so they had to create there own star wars world. hints calling it the old republic, its clever of course, but i just wish theyr was familar stuff in the game. i mean there arent even droids that look like C3po AT all or R2D2 the closest to r2 is the T7 skin but it still isnt close enough,

But like i said with the music added from the movies ,,, hopefully we will see some lore or content from the movies that gives us answers , maybe we'll see a skywalker... or a solo or somthing ... thats just off the top of my head and a eample. anyway,,,,

Food for thought , hate, Rate, Celebrate W/e just give me some good responces and what you think they could add

Gee, I'm guessing you never heard of Knight of the Old Republic, then? :rolleyes:

Bioware really should have made this mmo in movie era timeline. I'm tellin' ya.

KotOR fans are a tiny tiny population in this game, and most have already moved on because they hate mmo's to begin with.

It was based on the Kotor franchise to mooch off Revan and Surik, and to allow hundreds of thousands of Jedi/Sith character without *********** over lore.

But there are plenty of references. Hell, go to the Ziost Shadow on the imp fleet, to the bridge, and you'll find a Sith Warrior dressed in all black with a mask, talking to a Dengar, Boba, IG-88, Bossk etc lookalikes.

Plenty of references.

I'm not sure what your point is? Are we talking about references or what? I mean, you say there is "nothing at all" and I go to Hoth or Tatooine and see that you're wrong. So what gives?

By the way, this has almost nothing to do with what George Lucas wanted in the game. It has to do with what they want in the game they're making.

But hey, feel free to check out the cantina on Hutta to meet Hun Duo and Greepo or the Wookiee that lost to the droid in a game.

I took this a LONG time ago to show people lol,( from Alderaan)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Jedi_of_Night777/Lolalderaan.jpg~original

I laughed when I first saw that in game; a dark and malicious laugh. Seriously, after going through that planet on both sides, I'm nearly convinced that Tarkin was the true hero of Episode 4.

Edited by Amaste

Have you even played this game at all bro? Past the starter planets? The only thing I'd have to agree with is that most of the music from the Original trilogy is absent, but everything else your spewing is mostly wrong.

• There are C-3PO Knock offs galore. R2 Clones as well.
  • Hell the Pub Ship Droid is a blatant C-3PO clone sans the sassy attitude.
  • Hoth, Alderann and Tatooine are in this game
  • Ord Mantell which got a mention from Han in Empire is in here.
  • Treek is an Ewok.
  • There is even a customization for Bowdarr that makes him look like Chewie with the bandolier. Also the fact the Smuggler gets a Wookiee Companion is a call back to Han Solo. Hell Risha is sorta call back to Leia.
  • Sith Empire has Walkers and Star Destroyers. The Officers uniform is a blatant copy of the imperial Officers in the Original Trilogy. The Ranks and positions are copies what with the Emperor and Moff Titles.
  • The Cartel Market has various outfits that are either inspired or flat out copies of outfits from the Original Trilogy.

I could go on.

Edited by CassusVerda

Check out the Ziost Shadow Bridge:

http://tor.zamimg.com/uploads/images/11921.jpg

There are references to the OT all over the place

Here's a droid who lost his limbs to a wookie:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iLvJ1QXEnu0/TspFG5qI5KI/AAAAAAAAA9s/lEeQOWOiwyY/s1600/swtor+2011-11-20+16-57-44-01.jpg

"Hun Duo" and "greepo":

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/8/89279/2091365-p061s.jpg

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t512/jplaukka/star%20wars%20the%20old%20republic/hunduo.jpg~original

edit: goddamit, should have checked thread more carefully.. :(

Edited by Karkais