Rage pvp options

ChampionDread

Hey there guys.

I have recently resubscribed and currently i am having trouble choosing my class.

Some time ago i was playing a jugg in both tank and rage specs and was having great fun with it, so i am thinking about redoing it.

Shoud i choose jugg or mara for rage pvp build?

I noticed that the most common dps build for jugg is the vengeance, but i question its viability in pvp becouse it depends on ravage very much and therefore is easily countered/avoided.

This is the reason i am more inclined towards rage build. It allows more mobile playstyle and higher burst damage. I am not sure however which class (jugg or mara) would be better choice for this build.

I great feature about the jugg is his tanking ability on demand. And the great thing about mara is its carnage build, which has great dps output but is somewhat tricky to play, or so i have heard.

So pls, share some oppinions with me

Hey there guys.

I have recently resubscribed and currently i am having trouble choosing my class.

Some time ago i was playing a jugg in both tank and rage specs and was having great fun with it, so i am thinking about redoing it.

Shoud i choose jugg or mara for rage pvp build?

I noticed that the most common dps build for jugg is the vengeance, but i question its viability in pvp becouse it depends on ravage very much and therefore is easily countered/avoided.

This is the reason i am more inclined towards rage build. It allows more mobile playstyle and higher burst damage. I am not sure however which class (jugg or mara) would be better choice for this build.

I great feature about the jugg is his tanking ability on demand. And the great thing about mara is its carnage build, which has great dps output but is somewhat tricky to play, or so i have heard.

So pls, share some oppinions with me

Ok, so let me dispel one myth about Vengeance. It is completely PvP viable, with the addition of the Ravage Root, when you Ravage, people cant get away allowing for you to easily kill them without breaking a sweat. Rage tree in PvP is damn near useless, it was OP before 2.7 because it hit multiple targets like a freight train, well now it hits ONE target like a freight train and the others like wet noodles. Trust me Rage is less viable than Vengeance. I highly implore you to level your Jugg to 46 if it isnt and try out Vengeance, it's got an easy to pick up rotation, hits like a truck, and has some of the best DCD's in the entire game.

Vengeance is awesome. Try vengeance. Rage is nerfed.

Yep. I have a level 48 Vigilance Guardian, and i completely destroy things in PvP it's amazing. I have my own personal build that i think will work well when i hit 55, it being this Ill give my reasoning for some of the talent placement.

Stagger - Stagger is actually really nice for PvP because it gives you an extra second to get to your Ravage if you have to wait for it's CD or your leaping to a target after using Ravage on another.

Payback - This talent is godlike if you have the 4 Piece Vindicator SB, Break CC for 10% HP, then Intercede to an ally healing you for another 8%, it can also make or break 1v1's against Sin's because of the amount of CC they have.

Some people say that Pooled Hatred and Unyielding help also, but IMO they arent worth losing Stagger or Payback. Though i may try a build that takes Pooled Hatred and forgoes Stagger. Also Decimate is there purely for getting Brutality and Payback. Though i wish that Decimate was higher up in the talent tree and Brutality was made into a 2 point talent that boosted crit on more than just Vicious Slash and Vicious Throw.

hey. im using something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101RMoZcrRorRcRrfczZc.3

and i have few questions about your build (in terms of yolo):

- is it worth to sacrifice extra rage and extra armor for ~3.2k heals once per match in the arena? although crits from vicious throw sounds very nice :-) (also, for tank gear this should be very important, as heals would be in range 3.8k - 4.0k, so it's good skill for hybrid/tank spec);

- why you did invest points in dot on force scream? they're extremly low. only usage of them i see in scenario when stealther trying to stealth out of the combat, but still,you're suppose to have dot on your target all the time, and dot from shatter lasts 12 secs and it isn't cleansable for ops... but also, sins will have fixed their cleans, so force dots will be cleanses either way, so maybe i should then respec points from impale dots somewhere else;

- you've missed very useful skills for pvp, like unyielding (free rage almost constantly), deadly reprisal (more free rage) and pooled hatred (great assett for your dps capability almost all the time). instead you go with weak dots for force scream or longer hold on jump (see next point);

- stagger - great skill, but rather for hybrid/tank build imo. keep in mind that with proper rotation, you'll have ravage available (i mean under 2sec cooldown or ready to use instantly) like 80% of times. there is no need in dps build to hold 1 sec longer opp after force jump, when you have 3 sec root on ravage available (and that is available, as i was saying, 80% of jumps) (then again, for hybrid/tank kbuild this is a must-have imo).

- is it worth to sacrifice extra rage and extra armor for ~3.2k heals once per match in the arena? although crits from vicious throw sounds very nice :-) (also, for tank gear this should be very important, as heals would be in range 3.8k - 4.0k, so it's good skill for hybrid/tank spec); I feel it's worth it, i never have Rage issues if i play properly so, yea.

- why you did invest points in dot on force scream? they're extremly low. only usage of them i see in scenario when stealther trying to stealth out of the combat, but still,you're suppose to have dot on your target all the time, and dot from shatter lasts 12 secs and it isn't cleansable for ops... but also, sins will have fixed their cleans, so force dots will be cleanses either way, so maybe i should then respec points from impale dots somewhere else; DoT's can proc Destoyer, and are free extra DPS so i feel it's worth it to get the DoT's

- you've missed very useful skills for pvp, like unyielding (free rage almost constantly), deadly reprisal (more free rage) and pooled hatred (great assett for your dps capability almost all the time). instead you go with weak dots for force scream or longer hold on jump (see next point); Unyielding while useful, doesnt fit in with my defencive playstyle. Deadly Reprisal for me is damn near useless. Pooled Hatred WOULD be useful if it worked when stunned and it only affected certain abilities, otherwise i feel that i may waste it on something like Impale or Sundering Assault every now and again when i should be using it on Ravage to pull out more DPS from it.

- stagger - great skill, but rather for hybrid/tank build imo. keep in mind that with proper rotation, you'll have ravage available (i mean under 2sec cooldown or ready to use instantly) like 80% of times. there is no need in dps build to hold 1 sec longer opp after force jump, when you have 3 sec root on ravage available (and that is available, as i was saying, 80% of jumps) (then again, for hybrid/tank kbuild this is a must-have imo). I use the extra 1 second as buffer time for if i have to delay my Ravage for an Impale or Shatter if i dont have my Ravage up, then when my Ravage IS up, then the Ravage Root will take into effect.

Replies in Bold.