Does BW have any intention of addressing the problems with ranked pvp/pvp in general?

Zadtro

I wanted to ask BW to answer saying that they at least acknowledge the fact that the pvp ranked system has a lot of issues and that they have intent to fix it. If it is going to stay the same then pvp in this game is going to just die out slowly like world pvp. I would kinda prefer to know now so i can jump off the sinking ship. Whats the point investing time or money in a game which isn't going to show you any signs of trying to fix or improve?

I don't want to give up because i really enjoy this game and for a Star Wars game there should be some more concentration on the whole WAR thing? That is what star wars is all about so it would be nice for them to show some concern about these problems. I would ramble on about all the things on in ranked, resolve, bolster etc but there have been so many posts made so i wanted to make a thread that literally just asks if BW knows this is going on.

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Accepting there are problems and working towards fixing them would also mean accepting they were wrong.

It would mean accepting that 8v8 Ranked should have stayed, not been removed.

It would mean accepting that Cross-server queues should have been higher on the priority-list than Nar Shadaa Slot Machines.

It would mean accepting that Ilum should have been improved, not scrapped.

Accepting so many mistakes, would mean admitting they were wrong. They will never do that, because they know the whole community is gonna go "I told you so" the moment they do, just like when they said "We are removing 8v8 since we never supported it enough." Which unfortunately, means no improvements in sight.

So in terms of pvp is it worth trying out other mmo's. Even i dare say, look into WoW again?

You know when you see so much potential in a game and you want it to be better, that's where i am at the moment. I don't want to just give up but in terms of time/money i have better thing i could be playing :/

I just wish BW cared enough to say hi, yeah we see how that might be a problem, we shall look into it.

Even if they did admit they made mistake, their only human so we can forgive and forget. If that leads to improvement then no one will care in the first place. I know the Cartel Market is important to keeping the game afloat but if they made adjustments to other aspects in the game such as pvp then more subs would come in and more players would start join so queue times would speed up which leads to healthy pvp. I want some star 'wars' dammit.

The guild ships sound great but galactic starfighter became a gunship and bomber camping match which was pointless.

I agree, bring back 8v8. Arena death match vs a warzone with real objective was so much more fun. Once you die in arenas you can't help your team in anyway or even watch as spectator so look at the ground for how ever long it takes for everyone else to die.... boring.

The only advice I have for you op is just drop mmo pvp. Even in wow, and even here they both suffer from the same problems. The endless on going balance changes for perfections, that everyone who has pvped enough, knows will never happen. The difference between wow and swtor is wow has resources that these devs could never hope to obtain.

The other problem is the endless stun locking, yes even in wow they got the same problem, and after years of that game being released have only solved it slightly. Allot of there classes have been so trashed, so nerfed, that they are no longer what they are supposed to be. Small example warrior, used to be a plate wielding dps class, that could tank. Now they got things so jacked up in the name of balance that plate means nothing anymore and the warrior heals itself lol.

As the op said above they would have to admit to royally screwing up, and that is not going to happen. When I saw this video http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/watch-%E2%80%9Cjoin-battle%E2%80%9D-live-action-video I could not help but to laugh and say if only it were true.

If I were you I would start looking at battlefront 3 because I tell you, especially after their response to the rancor on the cartel market, they really don't care about pvp. I dont even do ranked, it was very clear, their priority is pve only. Of course they could prove me wrong with this conquest thing coming up, but the chances of that are slim to none.

If it is going to stay the same then pvp in this game is going to just die out slowly like world pvp. I would kinda prefer to know now so i can jump off the sinking ship.

Bro...the reality is that XServer Qs are the only potential fix to a majority of the problems. BW has stated plainly, time and time again, that XServer Qs are not coming and are not in the works. At this point, the Tortanic isn't a sinking ship anymore. It's more like the Malaysian Airliner that disappeared.

As a result, Competitive PvP no longer has much of a place in this game and is dying a slow, but certain, death. Casual PvP, on the other hand, is doing quite well and is the only real way to enjoy this game anymore.

I still sub to and play this game, but I get my competitive PvP fix in other games (BF4). My recommendation for any PvPer still playing this game is to do the same. Find a game you can really play for PvP, and enjoy SWTOR for the casual game that it is when you need to decompress and relax.

Unless we're all prepared to accept Pay to win, then Bioware will have zero interest in PvP because there's no cartel value in it for them.

That's why they introduced the failed GSF making everything as cosmetic as possible to make idiots purchase stuff for their ship.

I swear we must be playing different games, all my ranked matches are awesome.

Queues are about 5 mins to pop, matches are always pretty close, everybody is geared about the same. The only time we lose is when people get split up and try focusing 2 different players rather than one. I've had a few I've been slaughtered but it was 3am and I only lost 8 ranking because it was a bad matchup.

I think having enough people playing to keep the pool large is a big deciding factor. I'm somewhere right in the the middle so I'm always ranked with people in the same skill range. There aren't a lot of elite or noobs in the mix.

Unless we're all prepared to accept Pay to win, then Bioware will have zero interest in PvP because there's no cartel value in it for them.

That's why they introduced the failed GSF making everything as cosmetic as possible to make idiots purchase stuff for their ship.

what is wrong with pay to win? if someone uses money, they should get something useful for it, lets buy some upgrade points with cc to improve abilities and get new ones.

Edited by CyberneticDucks

I wanted to ask BW to answer saying that they at least acknowledge the fact that the pvp ranked system has a lot of issues and that they have intent to fix it. If it is going to stay the same then pvp in this game is going to just die out slowly like world pvp. I would kinda prefer to know now so i can jump off the sinking ship. Whats the point investing time or money in a game which isn't going to show you any signs of trying to fix or improve?

I don't want to give up because i really enjoy this game and for a Star Wars game there should be some more concentration on the whole WAR thing? That is what star wars is all about so it would be nice for them to show some concern about these problems. I would ramble on about all the things on in ranked, resolve, bolster etc but there have been so many posts made so i wanted to make a thread that literally just asks if BW knows this is going on.

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

L-Randle: (Waves hand in front of your face) BW doesn't want to sell you solid ranked play.

L-Randle: (Waves hand in front of your face a second time) You want to go home and rethink your gaming life.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Thank you for the responses guys =]

I have to say in terms of casual pvp on alts and my main it is a lot of fun. Just wanted to try and take it further but i think you guys are right. It is a shame because trailers suggest a sort of star was online type thing. In the days where there are alot of sith and jedi so battles are epic but they don't seem to want to make it that way. Maybe this conquest expansion will surprise us but i am not going to hold my breath.