Is it normal to get hit by Assasin and Shadows for 9.3k through force armor?

Tonev

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget operatives. It's always a good idea to nerf operatives.

Goes without saying.

First thing we need to do is remove their giggle ability. Nothing fills me with more rage than hearing that stupid laugh as I'm slowly turning in a circle and they're stabbing me to bits.

Yeah sadly its that garbage Assassin class rep who keeps screaming for buffs for every spec.

Xinika is NOT a garbage rep, he is probably one of the best class reps next to Cashology_Reborn. Xinika is only wanting a buff to the sustained damage of Deception/Infiltration, and a minor defencive upgrade for both DPS specs, and Tanks he feels are in a good position. So, you need to learn how to read.

lolwhaaaaat? lol

jesus. I have to be the bad guy in the VG/PT whine thread. then I come on and see this. you can't be serious. survivability of maras, sins and PTs are very close. they each have their respective strengths and weaknesses. sins absolutely wreck ranged. VGs are dead before they get to them unless the ranged are really bad or the VG gets team support, in which case the VG isn't OP. he has a better team. VGs, sins and maras will all drop under focus fire. they can all churn out great burst. sins get that burst immediately. VGs and Maras have to ramp up. it's a fair tradeoff. sins also can port away. "VG is op." LOL wow. just...wow. VG is the mean in everything. everything. get some perspective, dude.

lolwhaaaaaaat? lol

You do know that not all ranged classes are snipers right? You have a pull and hold the line, I recommend using it.

dont need to be a class to know a class

are you even looking at the quote I responded to? because the fact that you stated, while true, has nothing whatever to do with my statement or the one I replied to. they guy said something to the effect of "I take it you main a sorc/sage." I replied that he mains a VG/PT, iirc.

Edited by foxmob

lolwhaaaaaaat? lol

You do know that not all ranged classes are snipers right? You have a pull and hold the line, I recommend using it.

sins will wreck mercs and push sorcs into barrier at the start of the fight. and if you fail, then you get an auto reset button.

edit: any idiot can see a VG coming. if you get pulled, you screwed up. and even if you do get pulled, because you see them coming, you can have you dcds active BEFORE you eat the majority of his burst.

Edited by foxmob

I take it your class of choice is Sage/Sorcerer correct?

I have a Sorc (love it btw), but when everyone and their brother is a stealth class, I run my tactics VG. I have a sin too, but I don't care for the gameplay as much and haven't played it much since 2.7.

30% less damage when derp stunned is golden on AP by the way.

Now back to double recklessness on an assassin. Please tell us all what six (not four) charges can do. Then tell us why that's not ridiculously stupid overpowered.

sins will wreck mercs and push sorcs into barrier at the start of the fight. and if you fail, then you get an auto reset button.

edit: any idiot can see a VG coming. if you get pulled, you screwed up. and even if you do get pulled, because you see them coming, you can have you dcds active BEFORE you eat the majority of his burst.

Once again you are not understanding the playstyles of either class. Of course if you try to take a node he will see you and start wrecking you (after calling incoming), but in return if a sin tries to mid battle he will easily get wrecked and his dps will drop significantly since his ability to go back into stealth will be diminished. Each class has their own niche and in this meta game VGs are probably more useful, although both are very viable (especially for arenas). Not sure if you remember the pre-arena days, but sins were not desired for anything other than node guarding for ranked 8v8 and the buffs they got since those days were few. They are in a decent place right now in PvP and anyone who played one successfully knows exactly how to counter them.

And speaking of mercs, electronet is a death sentence for a sin, can't say the same about a VG.

Assassins and shadows are far from being op in pvp. Learn to play against us.

Deception is and has been one of the most FOTM specs since RELEASE. Basically all of the 1337 cool kids who want to brag about 1v1-ing people nowadays reroll either to a deception assassin/shadow or vengeance jugg/guardian. Or both! I can't describe how many times I have seen this.

Thank god that is about to change with 2.8 with specs that have needed buffs for the longest time and are actually going to receive them. The only buff deception needs is a sustainable damage one which should be PvE EXCLUSIVE.

Deception is and has been one of the most FOTM specs since RELEASE. Basically all of the 1337 cool kids who want to brag about 1v1-ing people nowadays reroll either to a deception assassin/shadow or vengeance jugg/guardian. Or both! I can't describe how many times I have seen this.

Thank god that is about to change with 2.8 with specs that have needed buffs for the longest time and are actually going to receive them. The only buff deception needs is a sustainable damage one which should be PvE EXCLUSIVE.

LOL too funny.

Once again you are not understanding the playstyles of either class. Of course if you try to take a node he will see you and start wrecking you (after calling incoming), but in return if a sin tries to mid battle he will easily get wrecked and his dps will drop significantly since his ability to go back into stealth will be diminished. Each class has their own niche and in this meta game VGs are probably more useful, although both are very viable (especially for arenas). Not sure if you remember the pre-arena days, but sins were not desired for anything other than node guarding for ranked 8v8 and the buffs they got since those days were few. They are in a decent place right now in PvP and anyone who played one successfully knows exactly how to counter them.

And speaking of mercs, electronet is a death sentence for a sin, can't say the same about a VG.

oh good god. we're talking about WZs? :rolleyes:

yes. I will solo most sins who try to 1v1 my merc/mando if net is off cd. that's 1v1. I can recover against 1 sin. mind you, I'll still be ~50% hp by the time I get control over my toon back. but yes. a 1v1 while (guarding? a node - who puts a merc on guard duty? luls), yes. a merc will handle a sin. let's balance around that. :rolleyes:

in the "real world" where sins are part of a team, they open on a ranged and lock him up while someone else finishes him off. this all happens in the span of 3 gcds (with 2 attackers) and 1-2 gcds with 3.

I love how everyone's favorite excuse is 'derp derp 1v1 never happens in a warzone!'

It happens all the time in solo ranked. We were running ranked late last night, and queues were popping with no healers on either side. Our shadow ended up the last one standing four times and won EVERY SINGLE fight.

He beat a merc, a DPS OP that didn't stand a chance (sorry, they still suck in ranked), and a PT couldnt stop him.

It needs to be fixed, shadows are just too much.

nah. they just need less control over their burst. maybe compensate for that with a little better sustained. they're as easy to kill as every other melee except jugg and op, and let's face it, jugg dps has way too much survivability, and ops have way to little.

only problem with sins, imo, is they have absolute control over their crits/burst AND they can dictate the conditions of the fight. the latter is a signature of any stealth class, so you can't take that away (although BW sure stuck it to ops). so what do you do? make it so they can't guarantee their burst on a moment's notice. either do this by adding some more ramp up or by spacing out the charges on wrecklessness...maybe wrecklessness and overcharge can't overlap? honestly, this is only a problem in arenas that lack both healer and tank combos. w/o a guard and someone to cast some heals, you can either global or push to barrier any ranged.

It happens all the time in solo ranked. We were running ranked late last night, and queues were popping with no healers on either side. Our shadow ended up the last one standing four times and won EVERY SINGLE fight..

no it doesn't. those are the last men standing. it wasn't a solo fight. the winner there is the person who still has his cds because his TEAM burned down the other TEAM faster.

no it doesn't. those are the last men standing. it wasn't a solo fight. the winner there is the person who still has his cds because his TEAM burned down the other TEAM faster.

If anything, our shadow blew his cooldowns with the rest of us trying to burn down their triple heal to full veng jugg.

Still, he won every fight and probably shouldn't have.

If anything, our shadow blew his cooldowns with the rest of us trying to burn down their triple heal to full veng jugg.

hmm. I've seen a sin win with cc and los against a range, but 1v1..a sin is nothing special. some classes are rock, paper, scissors. other players are just better than others. I've never seen a sin win last man standing when a jugg still had ED in his pocket.

oh good god. we're talking about WZs? :rolleyes:.

You're talking about solo "ranked" arenas? First person I saw complaining about being killed by a ranged in arenas. Pretty much all ranged are meh in arenas and if you get burst down by a merc ... yeah the sin is not the problem.

You really just need to accept the fact that your/their team is bad.

Edited by sithBracer

Every time i see anyone ***** about gankers, it's dps classes. guess, what? the sole function of gankers is to murder dps and healers. They are going to kill you in like 2 or 3 hits, if they didn't, they'd be completely useless because they have crap for survivability, even as far as dps goes.

It's called type order loss. When my vanguard or guardian tank gets ganked (assuming it's a 1v1) know what happens? I laugh at them, pop defensive cooldowns and then kill them in a battle of attrition where i have a serious advantage by way of an 85% damage reduction all told (45-50 from armor, 20 from defense and 20 from shield/absorb, before my defensive cooldowns are taken into account mind you)

Every time i see anyone ***** about gankers, it's dps classes. guess, what? the sole function of gankers is to murder dps and healers. They are going to kill you in like 2 or 3 hits, if they didn't, they'd be completely useless because they have crap for survivability, even as far as dps goes.

It's called type order loss. When my vanguard or guardian tank gets ganked (assuming it's a 1v1) know what happens? I laugh at them, pop defensive cooldowns and then kill them in a battle of attrition where i have a serious advantage by way of an 85% damage reduction all told (45-50 from armor, 20 from defense and 20 from shield/absorb, before my defensive cooldowns are taken into account mind you)

Crap for survivability?

Lol veng jugg.

Lol Mara.

Lol PT pyro.

Lol sin.

I stopped reading there

yes.

you didn't actually address the point. have you seen how fast ops or sins go down if they don't get to open with their stealth crap and combat stealth is on cooldown? They might do a bunch of damage before they go out, but pretty much everybody should be able to handle 1 in that type of situation, especially if it's a sin (op dps is nuts atm.) That's how stealthers always work, in everything. They murder dps and healers because dps and healers don't have the passive damage resistance to handle the super high initial burst, they have problems with tanks or anyone good at breaking their stealth with a scan or aoes because it kills that burst and now their dps suffers horrendously (seriously, not getting to open with a 15k 100% armor pen shoot first is a huge loss for that op)

In a 4 second stun from a Sin/Shadow. They can hit me 3 times for 7-9k each hit. If I have no bubble, or cc breaker. It's practically instant death. They also have two other stuns. All 3 combined do NOT fill my resolve bar up. Also shields (Force Armor) don't protect against crit iirc.

Maybe have low slash fill the resolve bar more than it currently does. a spinning kick->Shadow Strikex2-> Low slash-> another Shadow strike and your bar is only half full, and if you use your CC break on low slash (not recommended ever), they'll put you in a stun and proceed to finish you off.

In a 4 second stun from a Sin/Shadow. They can hit me 3 times for 7-9k each hit. If I have no bubble, or cc breaker. It's practically instant death. They also have two other stuns. All 3 combined do NOT fill my resolve bar up. Also shields (Force Armor) don't protect against crit iirc.

This devs please fix

Edited by ZahirS

You're talking about solo "ranked" arenas? First person I saw complaining about being killed by a ranged in arenas. Pretty much all ranged are meh in arenas and if you get burst down by a merc ... yeah the sin is not the problem..

please direct me to exactly where I complained about ranged.