Is it normal to get hit by Assasin and Shadows for 9.3k through force armor?

Tonev

Just wondering about this as last night, I played against a pre-made team and while I stood my own as I could being focused and such. I got hit several times by an Assasin for 9.3-9.5k through my force armor. I figured that it was more than this as usually that bubble takes the initial death field hit, Merc general ranged attack volley or Saber throw hit which can range anywhere from 3-5k in damage.

Upon death after being hit I think twice (with 2018 expertise) and dying, the last hit was counted to be 9.3kish damage which by my estimate (with bubble) could have been between 12.3k-14.3k damage. How the heck is this even possible in PvP for this class that people say doesn't do well in ranked to hit this damn hard?

Even on my Sniper who I have played against many Shadows and Assassin have never been hit this hard in PvP in or out of war zones. Just wondering as somone said that I was hit probably by one of the EU hackers in game"what ever this means".

That's why we have OP healers and med packs. A WZ med pack heals you for 35% of your health, you should not have any problem.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously man ? How do you get Killed in 1 GCD with only a 10k hit ? Even the worst pvp gear gives you 30k hp. Oh wait let me guess you forgot to mention it was 8 vs 1 and you got globaled lol ? No one class can do 30k in One Global.

It was a 3 v 1 after being electronetted.

ah you know you loved it :p

I actually thought you were just tunneling me so I went off alone to 1 v 1 you in the second round. Were you just waiting for the killing blow?

So I'm guessing it was a relic boosted heatseeker/demo round. Only thing I can think of that would hit for 10k through a bubble.

Maybe, I don't remember. It definitely did not say "maul".

It was a 3 v 1 after being electronetted.

I actually thought you were just tunneling me so I went off alone to 1 v 1 you in the second round. Were you just waiting for the killing blow?

Maybe, I don't remember. It definitely did not say "maul".

three people hitting you all at once your bubble isnt going to last even a second lol it only protects at most for abour 4k. You had electro net you probably also had on a armor debuf I would bet money on.

I was tunneling you D: but you just kinda ignored me. :(

I stood on the side waiting for you to open in round 2. Not much more I could do. I even jumped a few times ... got bored and attacked a random person-you know to make it seem like I was doing something.

Eh, I don't know. I actually played to win a Quesh Huttball last night. I haven't really done that at all really since it came out. I usually just sit up at our goal line and shoot people just 'cause, but I was 2-0 for some odd reason even though I literally only have around 20 wins on that character all time, which is insane since I've played in wayyy more than that many WZ's on that character (hundreds or thousands I'm guessing).

Just goes to show how bad Empire is on my server. Anyways, I actually tried to make sure we won this time to get my dailies done fast and well, the opposing team's Shadow's had their way with me. Soon as I would drop down, I'd get instantly opened on and crit for crazy amounts then I'd do something, idk, depends what was up (usually stuff would be on CD of course as everyone wants a piece of me). Covered Escape, Cover Pulse, Debilitate, etc. Didn't really matter. They'd just kill me too fast.

It usually ended with with a Low Slash and then me watching helplessly as I got finished. I remember one time I had Covered Escape on CD I think and one opened on me with Force Shroud. I was like, really? lol, no point in doing anything as there's literally nothing I can do then (Shield Probe and Evasion are horrible). Bleh, I got them sometimes.

Not as much as when I play more defensively and not try to just ignore my own survival in favor of winning the match. I usually die 0-1 time every WZ. Maybe 2-3 times MAX. But this time I died a whopping 9 times. Was really embarrassing. Still went 38-9, though and finished #2. Not as good as 50-0, but got the win. Meh.

Just gonna pull this out here, every class and spec is viable for 4v4 arenas excluding: Pyro Mercenary and Madness Assassin(till 2.8)

More specifications:

Marauder

-Annihilation - VIABLE - can play anni in tank tunnel comps or split comps, dots tick quite good along with annihilate almost being spammable when stacked.

-Carnage - VIABLE - amazing spec for hardswitch comps or tank tunnel comps, has reduced cd on fear, amazing burst and a lot of tools

-Rage - VIABLE - still viable even after nerfes, can be used in split comps / hard switch ones.

Mercenary

-Bodyguard - VIABLE - good healer vs hardswitch comps/tunnely ones, however you might have trouble vs split comps, added utility compared to other healers via having knockback, electro net and good solo target healing capabilities.

-Arsenal - VIABLE - works well in hardswitch comps, for example - arsenal/carnage/jug tank/healer.

-Pyrotech - NOT VIABLE - just a **** version of powertechs pyro. pretty useless, even if u r high-end player.

Powertech

-Shieldtech - VIABLE - quite tanky, has charge, pull and good dmg.

-Advanced prototype - VIABLE - great for playing in split comps with lethlaity oper/sniper or smash mara/jugger.

-Pyrotech - VIABLE - great for tank tunneling / playing in split comps. Can also be used in hardswitch comps with marauder.

Operative

-Medicine - VIABLE - amazing healer that is able to heal aoe pressure as well as assisting with dps via probe/shivs/stuns.

-Concealement - VIABLE - plays in hardswitch comps with carnage mara/jug tank. great burst, has cleanse if needed, quite mobile.

-Lethality - VIABLE - great for split/tunnely comps, absolutely insane burst/overall dmg, can heal himself when procced, flash being appliable to dotted targets is also very sweet.

Sniper

-Marksmanship - VIABLE - great for hardswitch/split comps, good burst, good sustain dmg, has armor/healing debuff, 24/7 entrench

-Engineering - VIABLE - usually played as hybrid between eng/lethality, can be used in split comps

-Lethality - VIABLE - slightly less burst than a lethality oper, but you are ranged, great for split/tunnel comps.

Assassin

-Darkness - VIABLE - assassin tank with wither is great for split comps by adding extra dmg and pressure on the enemy team, quite tanky as well.

-Deception - VIABLE - great pick for hardswitch comps, low slash, burst, taunts. pretty bad for split/tunnely because 0 sustained dmg.

-Madness - NOT VIABLE - horrible spec as of right now, will be fixed in 2.8. bad dmg, bad survivability.

Sorcerer

-Corruption - VIABLE - good healer vs hardsiwtch comps. will have trouble vs tunnely/split comps, really hard to heal aoe pressure with sorc healer. Has 2 breakers tho.

-Lightning - VIABLE - great for hardswitch comps, great burst, great utility, roots, stun bubbles, cleanse, 2 breakers.

-Madness - VIABLE - good for split / tank tunnel comps, a lot of dmg, however lacks in survivability department.

Juggernaut

-Immortal - VIABLE - usually played in hybrid with vengeance, great tank with great hardstuns, has push, fear, aoe slow, best pick for hardswitch comps.

-Vengeance - VIABLE - great for split/tank tunnel comps, good dmg with dots, resets, and really hard to kill.

-Rage - VIABLE - can be used for split / hardswitch comps, great smash burst.

^^^

marksmanship is viable? I would think even madness assassin would be more viable than that spec. I'm not doubting you-especially since I have very little experience playing snipers-but would love to see a video. I'm guessing use him as bait with entrench on?

Edited by sithBracer

^^^

marksmanship is viable? I would think even madness assassin would be more viable than that spec. I'm not doubting you-especially since I have very little experience playing snipers-but would love to see a video. I'm guessing use him as bait with entrench on?

Yeah, MM is. You have nice dmg and + you are ranged with 24/7 entrench. Perfect for hardswwtich comps. We've played that already - MM/deception/jug/healer, you can go MM/Mara/jug/healer etc.

Two words: double recklessness

Good sins know how to set it up.

Use your three charges (because stalker is OP) and hit it again for six charges. The other guy dies before help shows up. Then the node is yours!

Good deception play is *********** ridiculously OP, and screaming for buffs is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. This class needs to be nerfed so hard it's sick, followed by assault VG's.

PS: 10K maul hits on me all day today. It was so bad, and there were so MANY *********** sins, I switched to tactics VG to take the edge off of the stupid. It helped avoid the 5% chance to unsub proc on duplicity maul double discharge double recklessness.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Just gonna pull this out here, every class and spec is viable for 4v4 arenas excluding: Pyro Mercenary and Madness Assassin(till 2.8)

More specifications:

Marauder

-Annihilation - VIABLE - can play anni in tank tunnel comps or split comps, dots tick quite good along with annihilate almost being spammable when stacked.

-Carnage - VIABLE - amazing spec for hardswitch comps or tank tunnel comps, has reduced cd on fear, amazing burst and a lot of tools

-Rage - VIABLE - still viable even after nerfes, can be used in split comps / hard switch ones.

Mercenary

-Bodyguard - VIABLE - good healer vs hardswitch comps/tunnely ones, however you might have trouble vs split comps, added utility compared to other healers via having knockback, electro net and good solo target healing capabilities.

-Arsenal - VIABLE - works well in hardswitch comps, for example - arsenal/carnage/jug tank/healer.

-Pyrotech - NOT VIABLE - just a **** version of powertechs pyro. pretty useless, even if u r high-end player.

Powertech

-Shieldtech - VIABLE - quite tanky, has charge, pull and good dmg.

-Advanced prototype - VIABLE - great for playing in split comps with lethlaity oper/sniper or smash mara/jugger.

-Pyrotech - VIABLE - great for tank tunneling / playing in split comps. Can also be used in hardswitch comps with marauder.

Operative

-Medicine - VIABLE - amazing healer that is able to heal aoe pressure as well as assisting with dps via probe/shivs/stuns.

-Concealement - VIABLE - plays in hardswitch comps with carnage mara/jug tank. great burst, has cleanse if needed, quite mobile.

-Lethality - VIABLE - great for split/tunnely comps, absolutely insane burst/overall dmg, can heal himself when procced, flash being appliable to dotted targets is also very sweet.

Sniper

-Marksmanship - VIABLE - great for hardswitch/split comps, good burst, good sustain dmg, has armor/healing debuff, 24/7 entrench

-Engineering - VIABLE - usually played as hybrid between eng/lethality, can be used in split comps

-Lethality - VIABLE - slightly less burst than a lethality oper, but you are ranged, great for split/tunnel comps.

Assassin

-Darkness - VIABLE - assassin tank with wither is great for split comps by adding extra dmg and pressure on the enemy team, quite tanky as well.

-Deception - VIABLE - great pick for hardswitch comps, low slash, burst, taunts. pretty bad for split/tunnely because 0 sustained dmg.

-Madness - NOT VIABLE - horrible spec as of right now, will be fixed in 2.8. bad dmg, bad survivability.

Sorcerer

-Corruption - VIABLE - good healer vs hardsiwtch comps. will have trouble vs tunnely/split comps, really hard to heal aoe pressure with sorc healer. Has 2 breakers tho.

-Lightning - VIABLE - great for hardswitch comps, great burst, great utility, roots, stun bubbles, cleanse, 2 breakers.

-Madness - VIABLE - good for split / tank tunnel comps, a lot of dmg, however lacks in survivability department.

Juggernaut

-Immortal - VIABLE - usually played in hybrid with vengeance, great tank with great hardstuns, has push, fear, aoe slow, best pick for hardswitch comps.

-Vengeance - VIABLE - great for split/tank tunnel comps, good dmg with dots, resets, and really hard to kill.

-Rage - VIABLE - can be used for split / hardswitch comps, great smash burst.

cool list...problem is most players only do solo and your list is based on proper team structure...

once you start doing 4v4 dps or even 3dps-1heals with random AC's this list breaks down.

PS: 10K maul hits on me all day today. It was so bad, and there were so MANY *********** sins, I switched to tactics VG to take the edge off of the stupid. It helped avoid the 5% chance to unsub proc on duplicity maul double discharge double recklessness.

Look on the bright side, come 2.8 there will be a lot less deception sins.

Use your three charges (because stalker is OP) and hit it again for six charges. The other guy dies before help shows up. Then the node is yours!

That is something I agree with, the stalker bonus set is pretty BS. I would rather exchange it with something like 5 points off of voltic slash and increased range of shock/force slow.

I really need to see this, because I can count the amount of times I 10ked a VG/PT on one hand. Maybe I just need to start uprading my gear instead of just looking at my comms lol; problem is I like shiny things and comms are so shiny :(.

Sin/Shadows damage output isn't to bad if you ever get a chance to defend versus it.. the crappy part Bioware did was first to wreck their stealth counterpart class without any change to the similar ability on the sin/shadow.. yes I think a lot of op/scoundrel players felt the same way about that and honestly you could fend of a op/scoundrel easier then a sin/shadow.. anyway I don't see a issue with the damage just give them less survivability or at least remove a stun from their repertoire... although as said sin/shadow madness will be just as bad as a sorc/sage in 2.8. so basically suck it up buttercup and reroll cause Bioware don't give a **** less you fill the forums of QQ.

Devs check this thread if you can, Shadows and Assasins cant hit that hard.

They already said they are considering lowering our burst in exchange for more sustained.

It surprises me the people complaining are playing VG/PT or guardian/jugg, the 2 most OP classes in the game right now.

They already said they are considering lowering our burst in exchange for more sustained.

It surprises me the people complaining are playing VG/PT or guardian/jugg, the 2 most OP classes in the game right now.

They fixed VG/PT Guardian and Juggernaut, Shadows and Assasins should get fixed

Two words: double recklessness

Good sins know how to set it up.

Good deception play is *********** ridiculously OP, and screaming for buffs is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. This class needs to be nerfed so hard it's sick, followed by assault VG's.

I take it your class of choice is Sage/Sorcerer correct?

lolwhaaaaat? lol

jesus. I have to be the bad guy in the VG/PT whine thread. then I come on and see this. you can't be serious. survivability of maras, sins and PTs are very close. they each have their respective strengths and weaknesses. sins absolutely wreck ranged. VGs are dead before they get to them unless the ranged are really bad or the VG gets team support, in which case the VG isn't OP. he has a better team. VGs, sins and maras will all drop under focus fire. they can all churn out great burst. sins get that burst immediately. VGs and Maras have to ramp up. it's a fair tradeoff. sins also can port away. "VG is op." LOL wow. just...wow. VG is the mean in everything. everything. get some perspective, dude.