Is it normal to get hit by Assasin and Shadows for 9.3k through force armor?

Tonev

You know, I'd buy the argument of say, 15-20% of the top 50 were PT's

The fact that only three out of FIFTY people chose PT means that there's a problem. Skill plays a huge part in ranked play, but so does class mechanics. I mean, The only class with fewer slots than PT is probably madness sin

http://i.imgur.com/mkkrIyD.jpg .

PS: I have a sin, and without really knowing how to play it well, it dominated the damage and kill counts in every match. People I dueled... Just died. I can completely understand how playing one makes you think that you're a lot better than you are because it didn't require much effort.

Then you should know how to counter one by now. But the fact that you are still complaining about them tells me theres lots of BS in the above statement.

Hell, most of my mauls worked fine even in front to the side a little. It usually triggers anywhere in a 300 degree arc. So much for 'behind' lol. Sometimes it would bug though, and it wouldn't allow an attack even when you're staring at the guy's *** for five full seconds. No maul!

So it's better than HiB/rail shot then? Which doesn't have any positioning restrictions and has more range? What was your average maul? And don't BS and say it was 10-14k.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/mkkrIyD.jpg .

Then you should know how to counter one by now. But the fact that you are still complaining about them tells me theres lots of BS in the above statement.

So it's better than HiB/rail shot then? Which doesn't have any positioning restrictions and has more range? What was your average maul? And don't BS and say it was 10-14k.

I was a newbie baddie, so I would chain maul. The first one would hit for 10K, but the others about half that but with shock and the spike KD, that was usually enough to ace someone gank-style. Range didn't matter, since the other guy was usually stun locked, and nearly dead by the time they get out. IF they got out. It was easy, the other guy would nearly always break on low slash. God help anyone who was already injured. Or a Sorc. Or had their stun break on CD. If you hadn't noticed, that's just about everyone in PVP.

The only fights I walked away angry or frustrated from were jugg and PT tanks. White damage shield/absorb on top of 42K health, saber reflect, and 50% mitigation sucks for sins. Time to cut and phase walk.

Yes. Sins can be countered. Unless they're on a lucky streak of crits and procs. Then there's nothing you can do and it's complete BS. It also doesn't help that sins are extremely difficult (read: nigh impossible) to counter by someone who has already blown their stun break. If you can't break as soon as resolve fills, it's real hard to win. It sucks to fight someone you can only beat every two minutes.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

I was a newbie baddie, so I would chain maul. The first one would hit for 10K, but the others about half that but with shock and the spike KD, that was usually enough to ace someone gank-style. Range didn't matter, since the other guy was usually stun locked, and nearly dead by the time they get out. IF they got out. It was easy, the other guy would nearly always break on low slash.

Executing baddies is hardly a challenge.

Yes. Sins can be countered. Unless they're on a lucky streak of crits and procs. Then there's nothing you can do and it's complete BS.

CC, defensive cooldowns? There is plenty you can do against an Assassin. Sure, they are the best dueling class in the game, but that doesn't mean there is nothing you can do.

It also doesn't help that sins are extremely difficult (read: nigh impossible) to counter by someone who has already blown their stun break. If you can't break as soon as resolve fills, it's real hard to win. It sucks to fight someone you can only beat every two minutes.

If you blow your stun breaker like clockwork every time it comes off cooldown, you are doing something wrong.

Edited by Elusive_Thing
Typos

It was easy, the other guy would nearly always break on low slash.

The funniest is when they break low slash and let you finish casting CrD. Bad players will be killed by anyone regardless of class. I remember running circles around a deception shadow on my op healer 3 times.-he was a keyboard turner. By the third time, he just gave up and stood there waiting for me to finish him off (I just ran away and let him live because I felt like being nice). Heck I remember killing level 25+ on my level 12 mando just by running and shooting them with hammer shot while running.

Yes. Sins can be countered. Unless they're on a lucky streak of crits and procs.

Well that could be said about anyone. A PT once burst me down in a very short time. I felt like I lost 16k+ in one GCD. It happens. Sometimes the dice rolls in your favor, sometimes you miss a crit on 4 force attacks in a row and watch your recklessness charges disappear (this happened to me in PvE though).

It also doesn't help that sins are extremely difficult (read: nigh impossible) to counter by someone who has already blown their stun break. If you can't break as soon as resolve fills, it's real hard to win. It sucks to fight someone you can only beat every two minutes.

Well at the same time, his hard stun has a one minute CD, so it's not like he can stun anytime he feels like it. Not having a breaker is a big disadvantage against any player regardless of class, whether it's a healer who can heal to full, a ranged class who can create distance (while attacking you) or a burst class who can attack you.

I main a combat sentinel and for what it's worth in the recent patch that adjusted how Bolster was calculating white damage I've had single ticks of Masterstrike hit for over 10.5k. Yeah it's not 12k in a global but before the change i'd say 8.5-9.5 was more the norm.

Maul with the double duplicity is nasty on a crit, 12-14K isn't out of range. Basically, it's half your health in one hit no matter how you look at it. It's a little too much, and there's no CD or rate limit to even it out.

The problem is that white damage got a huge bolster boost last update. It's game breaking on some specs.

Meanwhile, deception sins are screaming for more buffs. Because they claim that this almost never happens, even if it is possible.

Unless you are in pve gear, you're a sage, and you have no defenses up there is no way Maul will hit you for 12-14k. Screenies or it didn't happen.

Sins/shadows are completly op and face-roll class in 2nd tree and tank hybrid build. You may compare Maul which has no cd with 12s' Backstab or Force Scream and Smash, the same for Rocket Punch or Rail Shot

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Assassins and shadows are far from being op in pvp. Learn to play against us. Deception has very good burst but our sustained dps sucks. Yes maul does hit like a truck if the stars align but op? I think not.

I hope you get 'mauled' all day long to #qq a bit more seeing the lack of respect you have on these forums. Quoted for evidence in case he edits.

Oh noes, he called someone out.

She makes videos to showcase what she can do and still lobbies for Assassin buffs while advocating others' class nerfs. It gives the appearance of wanting Assassins to be overpowered when she does this.

Yet, it would appear that Madness was severely underpowered. So maybe her efforts were not pure vanity.

I think your pique and outrage are a little misplaced given the tone and substance of some of your posts.

Unless you are in pve gear, you're a sage, and you have no defenses up there is no way Maul will hit you for 12-14k. Screenies or it didn't happen.

Got hit for 13k by another Sin on my Sin (2018 exp) with Maul once so it happens. Had no defenses up since everything was on cd.

No screenies though.

She makes videos to showcase what she can do and still lobbies for Assassin buffs while advocating others' class nerfs. It gives the appearance of wanting Assassins to be overpowered when she does this.

Well it's obvious you don't understand the issues currently effecting the Assassin/Shadow class, or you don't know the Assassin/Shadow class at all. Or you don't care and you're just trolling.

Edited by undiess

Assassins and shadows are far from being op in pvp. Learn to play against us. Deception has very good burst but our sustained dps sucks. Yes maul does hit like a truck if the stars align but op? I think not.

lol...no other comment....not op?! are you sure with your comment?!

Oh noes, he called someone out.

Yet, it would appear that Madness was severely underpowered. So maybe her efforts were not pure vanity.

I think your pique and outrage are a little misplaced given the tone and substance of some of your posts.

The only damage buffs Xin was asking for was madness (which has been lulz since launch) and for some sustained for deception to which the devs said could be better but because of the burst they really are afraid to touch that without pushing it over the top.

lol...no other comment....not op?! are you sure with your comment?!

The only spec that is considered OP is deception and clearly the devs are fine where they are at, high burst with low sustained damage.

The only damage buffs Xin was asking for was madness (which has been lulz since launch) and for some sustained for deception to which the devs said could be better but because of the burst they really are afraid to touch that without pushing it over the top.

I just checked some of their posts. Most active with Guardian/Jugg and Sentinel/Marauder so I'm sure they are trolling here.

Edited by undiess

Not sure about sins but since the patch on tuesday my Assault Vanguard has been hitting like Godzilla on steroids.

I only play group ranked on it so everybody definately has full expertise and last night I was having 12-10k crits with HiB on operatives,shadows,sorcs for alot of the games,got alot of whispers and people wanting to inspect my gear after :D its full brut but something is a little off imo,having a 45% chance to hit that hard every few seconds :eek: and my dots are gonna get buffed in 2.8,pyro will be fotm again imo.

I don't understand why BW is so against giving sorcs some more passive defense, or a decent DCD. Getting burst for 10k+ on a regular basis is pretty insane. I was killed in 1 GCD last night with the finishing blow being 10k+ (and no it wasn't from an assassin). Full expertise and had static barrier on.

I was killed in 1 GCD last night with the finishing blow being 10k+ (and no it wasn't from an assassin). Full expertise and had static barrier on.

http://i.imgur.com/i0rHKmn.gif

Not sure about sins but since the patch on tuesday my Assault Vanguard has been hitting like Godzilla on steroids.

I only play group ranked on it so everybody definately has full expertise and last night I was having 12-10k crits with HiB on operatives,shadows,sorcs for alot of the games,got alot of whispers and people wanting to inspect my gear after :D its full brut but something is a little off imo,having a 45% chance to hit that hard every few seconds :eek: and my dots are gonna get buffed in 2.8,pyro will be fotm again imo.

mmm not so sure. I've gotten 10k crits on my HiBs but thats only against pve geared bads or if I had relic procs. 11k maybe once. 12k? Maybe if the stars aligned and you had Inspiration+Relic Procs+Expertise Buff. I'm min/maxed Brutalizer on my Vanguard and 10k+ HiBs are rare for me... i dunno.

Edited by OMGitsCHARLIE

http://i.imgur.com/i0rHKmn.gif

mmm not so sure. I've gotten 10k crits on my HiBs but thats only against pve geared bads or if I had relic procs. 11k maybe once. 12k? Maybe if the stars aligned and you had Inspiration+Relic Procs+Expertise Buff. I'm min/maxed Brutalizer on my Vanguard and 10k+ HiBs are rare for me... i dunno.

Rare for me aswell but yesterday I was getting quite a few of them

I don't understand why BW is so against giving sorcs some more passive defense, or a decent DCD. Getting burst for 10k+ on a regular basis is pretty insane. I was killed in 1 GCD last night with the finishing blow being 10k+ (and no it wasn't from an assassin). Full expertise and had static barrier on.

the only thing I can think of -- and please, sorcs/sages, don't bash me on this; it's not my opinion -- is that they have considerably better off healing capabilities and a much more powerful self-heal (except for juggs/guards LOL). on the one hand, that certainly makes them unique amongst the heal-capable ACs, and in a WZ, the utility of those bubbles cannot be denied (especially if you lack a sage healer), but in an arena...you might bubble your team two or three times per round...and that's assuming you don't get focused.

iunno. bubble stun literally ruined the game (as a team utility). barrier...I mean...sages need it atm, but it's just incredibly stupid. here. do nothing for 8s. it's cool. nobody can kill you. and instead of reducing the internal cd on self bubble and maybe toying with its absorb, the big solution is to give them interrupt invulnerability commensurate with their time in barrier. hmm. yeah. iunno. it's a buff, and it helps. but...um...it kind of reminds me of what they did with concealment: "hey! we need more dcds." "ok. here's more dmg for you."

lol, no it wasn't against you guys. I think you 3 killed me in 2 GCDs. Though the 2 (3?) 10k+ shoot firsts you got on me were ... not fun. This was in the wz I told you about (which we won BTW :) ).

ah you know you loved it :p

So I'm guessing it was a relic boosted heatseeker/demo round. Only thing I can think of that would hit for 10k through a bubble.

Seriously man ? How do you get Killed in 1 GCD with only a 10k hit ? Even the worst pvp gear gives you 30k hp. Oh wait let me guess you forgot to mention it was 8 vs 1 and you got globaled lol ? No one class can do 30k in One Global.

Seriously man ? How do you get Killed in 1 GCD with only a 10k hit ? Even the worst pvp gear gives you 30k hp. Oh wait let me guess you forgot to mention it was 8 vs 1 and you got globaled lol ? No one class can do 30k in One Global.

Maybe he did an Noble Sacrifice before that ?

Maybe he did an Noble Sacrifice before that ?

He would have had to do more then one NS to drop down 10k hp to get two shot. Assuming I take into account the first attack hits for 10k followed by a GCD then a second 10k attack to kill him. That means he NS for over 10k hps. Coming from a sage healer WTH is he doing ?