Bounty Contracts Are Too hard.

Spaceshotxl

Hi,

I tried to do a Bounty Contract on my level 23 trying to defeat the target, and its too hard, I keep dying, and loosing lots of credits. She spawn ads, puts debuffs on you weakening your armor drastically, my healing, and my companions healing can't keep up, she is immune to CC, so I can't kill the ads first, etc. Its too hard to solo. I would need someone to help.

The battles should be made a little easier, and be allowed to be CCed. Otherwise, how am I supposed to defeat the bounty?

are you fighting a henchman or kingpin bounty?

usually people can solo henchman but for the kingpin bounty thats when its more like a group effort. I think I remember it says that a kingpin bounty mission is a heroic mission.

Hi,

I tried to do a Bounty Contract on my level 23 trying to defeat the target, and its too hard, I keep dying, and loosing lots of credits. She spawn ads, puts debuffs on you weakening your armor drastically, my healing, and my companions healing can't keep up, she is immune to CC, so I can't kill the ads first, etc. Its too hard to solo. I would need someone to help.

The battles should be made a little easier, and be allowed to be CCed. Otherwise, how am I supposed to defeat the bounty?

use interupts

Why do no one ever use interupts and just claim things to hard?

Thats for henchmen

For Kingpin, its not actually designed as solo content so make a friend or get a group for kingpin bounties

Bounties are perfectly fine as is

I have no issue with any of the henchmen solo with any characters ranging from 26-55

I can even solo a few kingpins once I figured out the fights

Couple Kingpins remain unsoloable to me but thats fine as they kingpins

For henchmen I am of the opinion that the fight could be dialed down slightly...it is a bit too hard for LOWER characters, though fine for max players.

Looking at the system, this is something that folks should probably be involved in while leveling, and would likely be less involved when max level. So to me it makes sense to at least make the easier Bounty fights a bit easier for lower level players.

BTW...folks say the Voss and Hutta fights are easier.

I've got Treek and crazy Presence score and a full Heroic moment, so henchmen are no longer hard for me, but even without heroic moment, I can solo it. I did struggle a bit in the beginning, though. But I think the contract should be okay, if you

- play with a healing companion whenever you can;

- kill henchmen as soon as they appear;

- use interrupt(force wave/force jump/other interrupting skills) when the target is trying to cast something really nasty;

- don't stay in circles;

- use stims, adrenals and med units;

- use your defensive cooldowns as soon as you're attacked(and unity/heroic moment, too, if it's too hard otherwise - check your legacy abilities).

So, basically, it's just the same as any mini-boss fight.

If you draw a contract for a henchman that counters your class, and if your gear isn't current and / or you don't have lots of presence / heroic moment abilities, and / or you don't have the 'best' companion for your class yet (e.g. no healer), some of the fights can be rough.

The ones most seem to have problems with are the sniper (must interrupt her terminate and dispatch the adds - easier said than done for some classes, especially melee trying to keep up dps on her) and the droid that is stun / CC / knock-around happy (more difficult for classes with lots of casted / channel abilities).

I personally don't have any issues with any of them, but a bit of toning down for what should be fun but mostly easy leveling content would make sense so newer players don't struggle (small things like increase the cool-down on the henchman's stuns and knock-backs, reduce the amount of stuns and cc they can chain, and slightly reduce the damage done by some of their abilities).

Edited by DawnAskham

I found the Bountry Contract fights easier on my lowbies than on my 55s. The scaling to level seems to take into account the fact that lower-level characters haven't unlocked as many abilities.

I've fought henchmen at level 15, 20, 30, 45 and 55 on 11 different toons (each a different AC), and the lower-level fights were perfectly doable, if not easier.

Some of the henchman fights are on a par with class chapter bosses (in terms of mechanics and difficulty). The only difference is that you can out-level a class boss, and you can't outlevel a henchman.

Every class is given a panoply of abilities, much of which can be safely ignored during typical solo questing. For anyone having trouble in a henchman fight, try a more tactical approach. These fights aren't designed to be zerged.

My 55 Healing spec Mercenary can solo the Hutta Kingpin with a level 50 geared HK-51, and most of my characters (but not all) I can solo Nar Shaddaa's Kingpin. However, Zinda Kent (the sniper chick) and that damn droid both tear ALL of my characters apart. So, I see it as was said by someone earlier, it's about the abilities and such of the NPC and whether they counter your class or not.