Ranked PVP players have no class.

KcirSirrah

You are a tank who is made to absorb damage. Your mileage may vary with that take. A sorc is not made to take damage, is not made to deal with multiple people tunneling them at the start of every match until death and needs every stat point they can get. You need all the HP you can get so if you happen to have a healer or someone peeling they have that little bit more time to work with. You need all the DPS stats you can get so that when you have that rare moment where you are not running for your life you can maximize your DPS contribution.

A tank is not a sorc and vice versa.

The tank was just my explanation, but the sorc is my main. I played dps and heals in solo with my sorc in partisan, but fully augmented and had no issues putting out damage or heals. Bolster is marvelous my friend.

The tank was just my explanation, but the sorc is my main. I played dps and heals in solo with my sorc in partisan, but fully augmented and had no issues putting out damage or heals. Bolster is marvelous my friend.

1. The point stands. 2. That is likely a bit of an overstatement or are not playing against particularly good people or perhaps you are one of those blessed few who always gets just the right group makeup. I suspect it is likely that you are simple understating how much pressure teams generally put on you.

I for one always take the most damage of anyone in a ranked match and am always targeted first. The only exception is multi sorc matches then it is possible another sorc will be targeted first.

Dear OP,

It's the world we live in, and regs are just as bad. There are turds everywhere, but in Ranked, you are in a situation where the players can only "police" your actions by being rude, and flinging insults. Your gear is just giving the excuse to conduct such behavior. Get it fixed.

PS: Augments are far more influential on endgame PvP than PvP gear is. You can be competitve in a few specific PvE setups, and two PvP relics, but in either case, having augments is a must at 55.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Yes I was fully geared in 55 pvp gear, Oraban (sp?) Stalker is what I wear as a DPS sorc because I like the mix of crit and power. NO it is not augmented (I will not augment gear when I plan on getting rid of when I get brutalizer). Now I am also not saying I am the best pvp player by any stretch of the imagination, but I can hold my own.

OP is officially literally hitler, doesn't understand the concept of ripping out mods and we can all get back under our bridges. Threads over folks.

You are inviting ridicule if you go into "ranked" half assed. Welcome to the internet, where everyone hates you as a default and you not being an idiot will never be taken on faith.

Edited by CaptainApop

1. The point stands. 2. That is likely a bit of an overstatement or are not playing against particularly good people or perhaps you are one of those blessed few who always gets just the right group makeup. I suspect it is likely that you are simple understating how much pressure teams generally put on you.

I for one always take the most damage of anyone in a ranked match and am always targeted first. The only exception is multi sorc matches then it is possible another sorc will be targeted first.

I know what you are saying, but most of the time for me as long as kite well the first one round. In the second round I am not focused as much. When I play sorc I expect to get focused and I prepare myself for it and just like you I get focused the most. I don't always get grouped up with the best people, but since this is solo I always try to carry. Doesn't matter which toon I play. To me it seems as if you play just fine man.

Not reading this thread, but it sounds like the OP had no augments, which is arguably more important than the PvP gear b/c of how Bolster works.

Dont be bad, dont get called out for it. Applies to gearing, how you play, etc etc. Shouldnt be hard to understand, yet people keep showing up here confused as to why theyre getting yelled at in game... rofl

Not reading this thread, but it sounds like the OP had no augments, which is arguably more important than the PvP gear b/c of how Bolster works.

Dont be bad, dont get called out for it. Applies to gearing, how you play, etc etc. Shouldnt be hard to understand, yet people keep showing up here confused as to why theyre getting yelled at in game... rofl

Yes. he admitted he had no augments.. Its like he created this topic to say "hey, look people how bad I am, please insult me".

When people insult you over and over (different people) then you know you have a problem and instead of coming here to ask for tips he did this topic to cry how people insult him for having bad gear.

Ok, I understand the purpose behind the ranked pvp system. What I do not understand is why people in ranked pvp have to be so classless. I queued for ranked pvp and I am in full 55 pvp gear. I got yelled at, cussed at, and even had messages sent to me telling me never to que for ranked again until my gear is better. Now I am sorry, but the last time I checked there was no valor requirement, gear requirement, or any other requirement except being level 55 to enter ranked pvp. So I have to wonder, why is it that ranked pvp players think they are so great that they can go around and freely insult other players.....and in case you are wondering yes I did report every single player who treated me that way.

1. Grow a pair.

2. After the plan is established in the beginning, close the chatbox. Stick to the plan.

3. Stop whining, start winning.

1. Grow a pair.

2. After the plan is established in the beginning, close the chatbox. Stick to the plan.

3. Stop whining, start winning.

That's what I'm saying. You win and put up numbers it will not matter what kind of gear you have.

Now I am sorry, but the last time I checked there was no valor requirement, gear requirement, or any other requirement except being level 55 to enter ranked pvp.

Just another casualty of BW's lack of vision.

So I have to wonder, why is it that ranked pvp players think they are so great that they can go around and freely insult other players...

It's not cool that people insulted you. However, it's also not cool that you went into Endgame PvP completely unprepared. While a lot of that is on BW, (a simple gear check would make all the difference in the world in this case), you have your due diligence to fulfill as well...as others have already noted.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Yes I was fully geared in 55 pvp gear, Oraban (sp?) Stalker is what I wear as a DPS sorc because I like the mix of crit and power. NO it is not augmented (I will not augment gear when I plan on getting rid of when I get brutalizer). Now I am also not saying I am the best pvp player by any stretch of the imagination, but I can hold my own.

UGH...found your problem. If you go in with no augments, you are seriously gimping yourself and therefore your team. Here is what you should have prior to doing ranked: min/max obroan, augments, and stims. In my opinion, you should also have the augmented brutalizer implants and relics.

(I will not augment gear when I plan on getting rid of when I get brutalizer).

You don't have to augment the obroan shells. You go to the GTN, buy some orange gear that you like the looks of, augment that, pull obroan mods from your obroan gear, put the mods in the orange gear. Viola! That way, when you get a new brutalizer piece, you need only pull mods and put them in your orange shell.

You are not the first to make this mistake. I really do think that augments should have their stats set to zero in warzones (effectively make them useless and therefore not a requirement for pvp)...this kind of thing just creates a ton of frustration for everybody.

UGH...found your problem. If you go in with no augments, you are seriously gimping yourself and therefore your team. Here is what you should have prior to doing ranked: min/max obroan, augments, and stims. In my opinion, you should also have the augmented brutalizer implants and relics.

You don't have to augment the obroan shells. You go to the GTN, buy some orange gear that you like the looks of, augment that, pull obroan mods from your obroan gear, put the mods in the orange gear. Viola! That way, when you get a new brutalizer piece, you need only pull mods and put them in your orange shell.

You are not the first to make this mistake. I really do think that augments should have their stats set to zero in warzones (effectively make them useless and therefore not a requirement for pvp)...this kind of thing just creates a ton of frustration for everybody.

Massively disagree with that. Augments are a way to further customize your stats and allows you to specialize your playstyle. Removing augments from PvP just makes it that much more about cookie-cutter builds, which is a terrible idea.

Massively disagree with that. Augments are a way to further customize your stats and allows you to specialize your playstyle. Removing augments from PvP just makes it that much more about cookie-cutter builds, which is a terrible idea.

Augments not the issue. People not doing their homework is the issue here. I did not learn about augments from in game. I learned about them by reading how to gear properly. There are literally dozens of theory crafters who spend hundreds of hours or more doing the math and discussing this topic. One need only open up Google or in the OP LMGTFY to find a myriad of discussions on how to gear properly. There, was that so hard? as LMGTFY would say is really all there is to it.

I queued for ranked pvp and I am in full 55 pvp gear. I got yelled at, cussed at, and even had messages sent to me telling me never to que for ranked again until my gear is better....

I suspect that the reason some ranked players are trying to drive others from ranked is because it messes up their que-synch. They want to play against pugs but with a pre-made team. Or they are mediocre players who are frustrated because no one is carrying them.

What you are describing must be fairly common. My first ranked match ever was a victory, which felt pretty good. But my second match was a loss, didn't feel as good but it's just a game. Immediately after the second match, though, two players started messaging me, saying that I wasn't ready to play in ranked and demanding that I stop queing. Good thing I had won that first match or I might not have believed them and never tried ranked again.

I checked my gear, checked my rotation, checked my play style: Before trying ranked I had done enough regs to have full obroan and some brutalizer (ear, implants, relics), and all my items have mods. Gear was not an issue. I've got a decent rotation. I had been doing well in regs, so skill was not an issue. I kept queing up for ranked. The harassment continued, but I can give as good as I get.

The sweet part of the story was when I found myself in a same-faction match up against both the ranked players who had insulted me. My team won the first round, and then we won the second round. That felt really good. ;)

All that said, ranked is on another level compared to regs. It's more challenging than regs and more frustrating. Most of the time, everyone is well geared--some are very well geared. Arenas don't have revives, so mistakes are costly. Players from both factions are taking it seriously (each win-loss counts), so some of the easy strategies that work in regs are less effective in ranked.

But like anything that is difficult, the rewards are great. I'm not talking about commendations but about becoming a better player. Even though I had checked my gear, rotation, and play style before trying ranked, I've found ways to improve all three areas from doing ranked, improvements I never would have made if I'd listened to those two players that harassed me right at first.

The short answer is that this game has one of the most toxic pvp communities I've been a part of. I qued last week in a mix of obroan and brutalizer gear with optimized stats, and I was told I was an under geared scrub, ironically the person who called me that wasn't in as good of gear as mine. If you are in obroan gear, optimized for the perfect stat distribution for your class hopefully, you are good to go for ranked ques. Oh and thanks bioware for giving ranked pvp daily missions that give out reg comms, it only encourages people who aren't geared to que for it. Edit: oh and augments, please have augments, don't ever que for ranked without them. Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

Not really. For every class/spec, there is a clear best choice with regard to augmenting.

The short answer is that this game has one of the most toxic pvp communities I've been a part of. I qued last week in a mix of obroan and brutalizer gear with optimized stats, and I was told I was an under geared scrub, ironically the person who called me that wasn't in as good of gear as mine. If you are in obroan gear, optimized for the perfect stat distribution for your class hopefully, you are good to go for ranked ques. Oh and thanks bioware for giving ranked pvp daily missions that give out reg comms, it only encourages people who aren't geared to que for it.

Well, idiots will be idiots no matter what you do. There's this one dude, who has taken an intense dislike towards strategy. His brain cell (<-- not a typo. Pretty damn sure he only has one cell) can only comprehend a single tactic, tunnel vision the healer regardless of squshiness, guards, stealth, barrier, etc. The moment anyone suggests a strategy requiring more than one brain cell, he immediately goes into an all-caps rage that he carries into General chat/whispers after the match. And when he (inevitably) loses every match he's in, he blames literally every guy he meets and goes into a frothing rage at everyone with more than one brain cell.

Tbh, that's not the PvP community as a whole. That's the extremely loud minority, which ruins the good part too. If you ignore all the loudmouths, the community is far, far better.

And honestly, they need to give Reg comms with the Ranked dailies. Ranked drains your medpacks and adrenals like they're nothing, and min/maxing Ranked gear requires both comms. We'd be force to convert comms at a lossy ratio, or grind double the number of warzones if the Daily/Weekly did not award both.

Not really. For every class/spec, there is a clear best choice with regard to augmenting.

You don't have to follow what everyone else does. Almost every Combat Sentinel I know run with full Power/Surge, but I use Strength > Power/Surge for my gear, and my Augments are all Strength. The result is that all Sentinels hit their autocrit way, way harder than me, but (with the crit talents in the Focus tree and a crit Relic) hit 9k Dispatches, 18k Master Strikes and lucky non-autocrit 8k Bladestorms on a much, much more consistent basis.

Again, don't follow anyone's gearing style. Play around with it for what's best for you.

Edited by EzioMessi

You don't have to follow what everyone else does. Almost every Combat Sentinel I know run with full Power/Surge, but I use Strength > Power/Surge for my gear, and my Augments are all Strength. The result is that all Sentinels hit their autocrit way, way harder than me, but (with the crit talents in the Focus tree and a crit Relic) hit 9k Dispatches, 18k Master Strikes and lucky non-autocrit 8k Bladestorms on a much, much more consistent basis.

Again, don't follow anyone's gearing style. Play around with it for what's best for you.

You're overexaggerating the difference between running power or mainstat augments (even for marauders who don't have access to mainstat talent). I've forgotten the exact math, but it's miniscule. 1-2% more crit for 1-2% less bonus damage.

Also last I checked, the best spec for carnage used a grand total of zero points in the rage tree.

Yes there is a clear best way to do anything in this game; its called min/maxing.

Plenty of people want to go against the grain. The freedom to do so should not be removed b/c a bunch of moron baddies are freaking ignorant about how to gear properly.

Yes there is a clear best way to do anything in this game; its called min/maxing.

Plenty of people want to go against the grain. The freedom to do so should not be removed b/c a bunch of moron baddies are freaking ignorant about how to gear properly.

Your point is rather counter-intuitive, if you think about it. Going against the grain for the sake thereof will more often than not yield undesirable results. My reaction to a sorc with zero augments will be comparable to my reaction to a sorc with all defense augments.

You're overexaggerating the difference between running power or mainstat augments (even for marauders who don't have access to mainstat talent). I've forgotten the exact math, but it's miniscule. 1-2% more crit for 1-2% less bonus damage.

Also last I checked, the best spec for carnage used a grand total of zero points in the rage tree.

No, there's a significant enough difference. I don't recall the exact numbers, but there's a big enough difference that most people I play with consistently have bigger "Biggest Hit" by at least 300-500 damage. Obviously blind luck has to be factored into this too (their hit must have been closer to their max damage threshold) but in general, it's at least 50-100 bonus damage traded for like 3-4% more crit.

Plus, that's not my entire build. I use a different spec as I mentioned earlier. The spec, plus the extra crit from my Strength, plus my crit relic, means that Dispatch has a 27.5% crit chance on average, while Bladestorm can be used with no autocrit and still have a 26% crit chance, and Master Strike gets about 20%. Since nearly everything of mine crits more often than most of my friends' attacks, in general I burst harder than them, and have higher sustained damage too. 3-4% more crit doesn't seem like a big amount, but it helps a lot in slightly longer battles.

Your point is rather counter-intuitive, if you think about it. Going against the grain for the sake thereof will more often than not yield undesirable results. My reaction to a sorc with zero augments will be comparable to my reaction to a sorc with all defense augments.

And your post is just taking my argument and extending it to an absurd circumstance.

Augments are a part of gearing. Yes, the differences in the majority of stat choices is within a few % (ie power vs main stat), players should be allowed to decide which way that few % is allocated.

Dumbing the game down b/c bads cannot think for themselves is an utterly terrible way to make decisions. Removing augments from PvP is 100% dumbing PvP down. Gearing is already incredibly simple.

Thats the thing though. I was in full 55 pvp gear, Obaran(sp?) Stalker, granted it wasnt fully aug'd brutalizer but it was still 55 pvp gear and was getting cussed out. Perhaps BW should put a valor requirement of say 80 or 85 for ranked pvp. This way by that time you should have full ranked gear and be able to do well.

Not being fully augmented puts you at a significant disadvantage. Personally I will politely advise you to improve your gear (and in exactly what way) if you are severely deficient and on my ranked team. Those that are less polite probably just lost their 4th match in a row due to being teamed with someone who is undergeared. Its still a pretty crappy thing to do, but it is understandable.

OP

The whole point of ranked is to grind out you ranked gear. If you were in full obroan ( personally I min/max obroan before moving to bruitilizer) then you should be doing ranked. Maybe play more regs to refine your pvp skill. It's the people not in pvp gear doing ranked that upset me. You can't do anything with the ranked comma without reg pvp gear so why are you even doing ranked.