Ranked PVP players have no class.

KcirSirrah

Ok, I understand the purpose behind the ranked pvp system. What I do not understand is why people in ranked pvp have to be so classless. I queued for ranked pvp and I am in full 55 pvp gear. I got yelled at, cussed at, and even had messages sent to me telling me never to que for ranked again until my gear is better. Now I am sorry, but the last time I checked there was no valor requirement, gear requirement, or any other requirement except being level 55 to enter ranked pvp. So I have to wonder, why is it that ranked pvp players think they are so great that they can go around and freely insult other players.....and in case you are wondering yes I did report every single player who treated me that way.

Ok, I understand the purpose behind the ranked pvp system. What I do not understand is why people in ranked pvp have to be so classless. I queued for ranked pvp and I am in full 55 pvp gear. I got yelled at, cussed at, and even had messages sent to me telling me never to que for ranked again until my gear is better. Now I am sorry, but the last time I checked there was no valor requirement, gear requirement, or any other requirement except being level 55 to enter ranked pvp. So I have to wonder, why is it that ranked pvp players think they are so great that they can go around and freely insult other players.....and in case you are wondering yes I did report every single player who treated me that way.

Most of them handle it the wrong way.

Having said that, if you queued for ranked in anything less than fully min-maxed and augmented Obroan, shame on you.

The fact that BW are morons and don't put a gear check in... Well it does not make it alright. If you don't have the last tear of gear you should probably stay out of it.

You know the same thing applies for end game PVE instances. No gear check, no nothing but if you show up in greens and blues everybody is going to curse you and kick you.

EDIT: Reporting them does NOTHING.

Edited by Xanas

You don't have to relive it OP, just point please.

Thats the thing though. I was in full 55 pvp gear, Obaran(sp?) Stalker, granted it wasnt fully aug'd brutalizer but it was still 55 pvp gear and was getting cussed out. Perhaps BW should put a valor requirement of say 80 or 85 for ranked pvp. This way by that time you should have full ranked gear and be able to do well. Edited by KcirSirrah

There is no requirement to queue for Ranked PvP, because Bioware. 'nuff said.

That does not mean good gear, knowledge of all 4 Arenas and your own class, and a tiny bit of common sense are not requirements. It's common courtesy for players to queue up with the above 3.

Still, you say you are in full level 55 PvP gear. Is it Obroan? Or one of the older sets?

If it is older, stop wearing it. Level 50 greens will bolster better than Conqueror or Partisan.

If it is Obroan, have you augmented it? Augments give you a full +2800 health, + a huge amount of whatever the other stat is (most DPS go for power or mainstat, Idk what healers and tanks go for). If your gear is not augmented, *and* you aren't that good of a player, I can see why people would rage.

Again, I'm not presuming anything about your skill, because I have never seen you play. But I have seen a guy who accidentally queued up with just 1100 Expertise and pulled his weight so well that he outhealed the other team's fully geared healer. So if your gear is bad, and people are raging at you, have you considered maybe you need to improve in skill before queuing up?

If skill is not the issue, then refer back to the above two questions. If you are in fully augmented Obroan, and play with a brain, the ragers can go jump out of a window for all I care, because you are fully within your right to queue up regardless of how badly you lose.

Thats the thing though. I was in full 55 pvp gear, granted it wasnt fully aug'd brutalizer but it was still 55 pvp gear and was getting cussed out. Perhaps BW should put a valor requirement of say 80 or 85 for ranked pvp. This way by that time you should have full ranked gear and be able to do well.

You can be in lvl 55 PVE gear(first one you get), would that mean you can run end game content? I don't think so.

Edited by Xanas

Thats the thing though. I was in full 55 pvp gear, granted it wasnt fully aug'd brutalizer but it was still 55 pvp gear and was getting cussed out. Perhaps BW should put a valor requirement of say 80 or 85 for ranked pvp. This way by that time you should have full ranked gear and be able to do well.

No, absolutely not. A Valor requirement is stupid. I have been queuing since Valor 50 and always outperform idiots in Valor 100. Valor is NOT a measure of skill, it's a measure of how many warzones you play daily, or how much you exploited Ilum back when it was there, or how many Cartel Coin consumables you buy.

You don't need Ranked gear to do Ranked. You need Obroan, fully augmented, and at least somewhat min/max'd.

Ranked is the most competitive form of PvP in this game. There are certain unwritten rules such as, having full PvP gear with max expertise, being fully augmented, for dps having a health pool of 31-33k and to be using a Stim. PvP gear should be current tier 1 or tier 2 gear (Obroan or Brute).

The fun of these matches is the competition. If one player queues up without one or more of the above items, they are severely limiting their respective team's chance of winning. I agree that people should not be so rude but I understand their frustration.

I also believe they should implement a "gear check" in order to queue ranked to maintain the competitive integrity of matches.

Gear aside, the fact remains is that the ranked players seem to think they are judge, jury, and executioner of anyone they see as inferior.

it still amuses me that people get upset over getting random people in random matchmaking.. if they where really serious about it they would'nt sign up for solo ranked to begin with.

Gear aside, the fact remains is that the ranked players seem to think they are judge, jury, and executioner of anyone they see as inferior.

And why shouldn't they be? If a guy in level 50 greens, with 25k HP, who never breaks 10k damage and always melts under focus despite having the second best DCDs of any DPS in the game, then yeah. Other players have every right to judge him for it (every Jung Ma Solo Ranked player knows exactly who I am talking about).

Players like that ruin the fun for both the losers, and the winners. The thrill of Ranked comes from the intense competition. And the competition is non-existent if either team has an AFKer, under-geared noob, or a troll.

Thats the thing though. I was in full 55 pvp gear, Obaran(sp?) Stalker, granted it wasnt fully aug'd brutalizer but it was still 55 pvp gear and was getting cussed out. Perhaps BW should put a valor requirement of say 80 or 85 for ranked pvp. This way by that time you should have full ranked gear and be able to do well.

There is more to the story than what you are saying obviously. Were you fully auged? Were you min/maxed? Were you geared appropriately for your spec e.g. something obvious like tank gear in a DPS spec or otherwise poorly geared for your role? Etc. All of those are things you can help and SHOULD or you should not queue ranked. Ranked is competive PVP with an associated rank. You can have a huge affect on the ranks of other people simply because of laziness or lack of preparedness. Thus there is no excuse; people have enough things dragging down their ranks with bad matchups and 3v4 matches without having a bad drag them down as well.

It's ranked, and people who're actually taking it seriously really dislike when people queue with base PvP gear, are not fully augmented or use stims. You're severely hurting your team if you don't properly ready yourself.

There is more to the story than what you are saying obviously. Were you fully auged? Were you min/maxed? Were you geared appropriately for your spec e.g. something obvious like tank gear in a DPS spec or otherwise poorly geared for your role? Etc. All of those are things you can help and SHOULD or you should not queue ranked. Ranked is competive PVP with an associated rank. You can have a huge affect on the ranks of other people simply because of laziness or lack of preparedness. Thus there is no excuse; people have enough things dragging down their ranks with bad matchups and 3v4 matches without having a bad drag them down as well.

Yes I was fully geared in 55 pvp gear, Oraban (sp?) Stalker is what I wear as a DPS sorc because I like the mix of crit and power. NO it is not augmented (I will not augment gear when I plan on getting rid of when I get brutalizer). Now I am also not saying I am the best pvp player by any stretch of the imagination, but I can hold my own.

yep. report abuse. that curses you out. really, anything other than calling you bad would fit under harassment/abuse/griefing. so any slur of any kind that attacks you (rather than your skill) will likely result in a 1-3 day ban. I think BW builds as the offenses recur. if it's just someone swearing and telling you not to queue, learn to play, etc...that's something you should ignore, /ignore, or brush off. if it's any consolation, the dude losing his stuffing on you is prolly more butthurt than you at that moment. :)

Of course you're being judged! The entire point of "RANKED" is to get a rating and compare your performance to others, this is inherent with judgement. If you can't take the heat get out of the oven!

Yes I was fully geared in 55 pvp gear, Oraban (sp?) Stalker is what I wear as a DPS sorc because I like the mix of crit and power. NO it is not augmented (I will not augment gear when I plan on getting rid of when I get brutalizer).

:rolleyes:

Yes I was fully geared in 55 pvp gear, Oraban (sp?) Stalker is what I wear as a DPS sorc because I like the mix of crit and power. NO it is not augmented (I will not augment gear when I plan on getting rid of when I get brutalizer). Now I am also not saying I am the best pvp player by any stretch of the imagination, but I can hold my own.

Just a tip... augment a shell you like, demod everything in your obroan shell. Be sure to put your armoring to the same armoring slot (ie chest to chest head to head...). And when you get Brute... just turn back the obroan shell... that way you have your auged obroan and won't lose your augment to go to brute ;)

So there is something you can help but refuse to do yet still go into a ranked match undergeared. If you do not want to use orange shells limiting the number of items you must aug to 4, relic/ear/implants, and insist on waiting to aug brutalizer gear then don't do ranked. It is that simple. Fun fact. Sorc/sage will always be the first person targetted in most cases.

The exception is if there is someone with less HP than one would expect for a geared player to have. That person will be target #1; you are both so you get the best of both worlds and die that much faster. Don't drag your team down when you don't have to. If you knowingly do so then don't be surprised if you piss someone off.

Edited by skarlson

So there is something you can help but refuse to do yet still go into a ranked match undergeared. If you do not want to use orange shells limiting the number of items you must aug to 4, relic/ear/implants, and insist on waiting to aug brutalizer gear then don't do ranked. It is that simple. Fun fact. Sorc/sage will always be the first person targetted in most cases. The exception is if there is someone with less HP than one would expect for a geared player to have. That person will be target #1; you are both so you get the best of both worlds and die that much faster. Don't drag your team down when you don't have to. If you knowingly do so then don't be surprised if you piss someone off.

Also, for the love of God, I don't get why people who frequent these forums for whining NEVER take the time to read the 2 incredibly simple sticky threads that explain how to:

1. PvP without Obroan

2. Augment gear without having to lose millions of credits when trading in for the next set.

Like seriously. It's RIGHT EFFING THERE. Why don't they read? Bioware stickied them, obviously they've been stickied for a reason.

Gear is important, but not all that important. When I first resubbed I had partisan gear only. My tank was 39k hp and I still played rank. (solo and grouped) If you are good enough your gear will not make a BIG difference. My other toons still don't have full obroan and I still do well in solo q. If you have 2018 expertise and similar in hp to most other toons then you should be fine, but if you are putting up only 10kdamage then there are issues.

Dude just buy a set of gear you like and optimize it that way. If your gear is not up to par atleast augment them bro.

Gear is important, but not all that important. When I first resubbed I had partisan gear only. My tank was 39k hp and I still played rank. (solo and grouped) If you are good enough your gear will not make a BIG difference. My other toons still don't have full obroan and I still do well in solo q. If you have 2018 expertise and similar in hp to most other toons then you should be fine, but if you are putting up only 10kdamage then there are issues.

You are a tank who is made to absorb damage. Your mileage may vary with that take. A sorc is not made to take damage, is not made to deal with multiple people tunneling them at the start of every match until death and needs every stat point they can get. You need all the HP you can get so if you happen to have a healer or someone peeling they have that little bit more time to work with. You need all the DPS stats you can get so that when you have that rare moment where you are not running for your life you can maximize your DPS contribution.

A tank is not a sorc and vice versa. That would be why outside of group ranked tank tunnel strategies using very particular setups no one tunnels the tank and everyone tunnels the sorc. I was in a match just last night where I took 790k damage.

Edited by skarlson