Just how badly do forumites want Pazaak? Pretty damned badly, apparently!

Sidenti

This game will add only things that can be heavily monetized IMO. We might never see Pazaak... or we might, but with nice cards exclusive to CM. Now that would be hilarious - you know, them +-1`s and 2`s. Edited by Styxx

Pazaak ingame would be amazing instead of this crappy slot machine thingy what ever the **** it is

This game is deing more and more ppl i know are leaving or alrdy left the game cause they dont bring any decent content. ( wildstar and eso gets more intrest )

pazaak swoop racing etc all great stuff to do when you hit 55 cause the endgame is just **** 2 raids a year when we are lucky and some lame as daily area wich most stop doing when they hit max reputation. so ye stuff like that would get me atleast ingame between the raids instead of login in only to do an OP and then log out again.

EA doesnt show any effort of makeing this game more succesfull imo and other games are getting the intrest over this crap and thats normal when a company only milks and gives nothing in return

I wont even get started about events cause the word pathetic is even to good there.

bioware wont put it in. remember they only have a handful of devs working on the game and the sub base is dropping every week.

He's pretty sure. I'm pretty sure too.

In denial still, Darling? :rolleyes: This game is losing subs, get over it.

At least the two of you are still here to comfort us through these difficult times :rolleyes:

He's pretty sure. I'm pretty sure too.

In denial still, Darling? :rolleyes: This game is losing subs, get over it.

subs don't matter, who cares if the number of subs is dropping. Only thing that matters in a FREE to play game is Active accounts and average revenue.

Or, we can sit here and still witch and boo-hoo about sub numbers from a purely subjective viewpoint and claim the end is nigh.

Personally, couldn't care less if they put pazaak in. And in general forum is a VERY small percentage of players, just the ones who scream the loudest usually and "demand" the most (picture a screaming toddler face down pounding and kicking all in demand of a toy).

bioware wont put it in. remember they only have a handful of devs working on the game and the sub base is dropping every week.

I'm not sure your right, I mean strongholds, guild ships with planetary control missions to come august plus an expansion adding 5 levels makeb style coming end of year. It seems there's more devs than a handfull to me.

You sure about that, Sunshine?

So ya

Thought ya

Might like to

Go to the forums.

To feel that warm thrill of confusion,

That space cadet glow.

I've got some bad news for you sunshine,

Pazaak isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel

And they sent slots along as a surrogate game

We're gonna find out where you fans really stand.

Are there any pazaakers in the forum tonight?

Get them up against the wall!

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,

Get him up against the wall!

That one looks jawaish!

And that one's a sith!

Who let all of this riff-raff into the thread?

There's one linking a site,

And another with spots!

If I had my way,

I'd have pazaak made into a mini game too!!

So ya

Thought ya

Might like to

Go to the forums.

To feel that warm thrill of confusion,

That space cadet glow.

I've got some bad news for you sunshine,

Pazaak isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel

And they sent slots along as a surrogate game

We're gonna find out where you fans really stand.

Are there any pazaakers in the forum tonight?

Get them up against the wall!

There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,

Get him up against the wall!

That one looks jawaish!

And that one's a sith!

Who let all of this riff-raff into the thread?

There's one linking a site,

And another with spots!

If I had my way,

I'd have pazaak made into a mini game too!!

...very, VERY nice. -bp

subs don't matter, who cares if the number of subs is dropping. Only thing that matters in a FREE to play game is Active accounts and average revenue.

Or, we can sit here and still witch and boo-hoo about sub numbers from a purely subjective viewpoint and claim the end is nigh.

Personally, couldn't care less if they put pazaak in. And in general forum is a VERY small percentage of players, just the ones who scream the loudest usually and "demand" the most (picture a screaming toddler face down pounding and kicking all in demand of a toy).

They should honestly rename subs to something else like "premium accounts" or whatever they usually use in F2P games.

World of Tanks, Warthunder and the likes have premium accounts which basically is the same as a subscription in this game.

Yet nobody obsesses about how many players are premium players in those games... because it doesn't matter.

Just like it doesn't in this game.

(and before you go on about how subs spend the most money on the CM, the same goes for premium players in those other games...)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

For what it's worth, there's hints in the PTS that they're working on more games than just slots.

That's what I've noticed, too - this was more of a "do I have the patience to sit here and do this kind of format?" kinda post.

I think Bioware knows we want Pazaak. What none of us seem to know, for certain, is why such an obvious add wasn't put in the game from the start.

My guess is that decision-makers - probably only one or two - have either serious butthurt about the concept of gambling or don't have the intellectual wherewithal to figure out how to make it happen around the globe's various gambling laws. (It can't be THAT difficult. Look at how many hold 'em games are available for Android and iFruit.) -bp

Edited by Sidenti

That's what I've noticed, too - this was more of a "do I have the patience to sit here and do this kind of format?" kinda post.

I think Bioware knows we want Pazaak. What none of us seem to know, for certain, is why such an obvious add wasn't put in the game from the start.

My guess is that decision-makers - probably only one or two - have either serious butthurt about the concept of gambling or don't have the intellectual wherewithal to figure out how to make it happen around the globe's various gambling laws. (It can't be THAT difficult. Look at how many hold 'em games are available for Android and iFruit.) -bp

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that about the time that F2P happened, the game was in dire straits in terms of existing issues and they had to prioritize. And in that list of priorities, mini-games didn't rank that high.

Once they got most of the bugs fixed, and got the SSSP finished and got the other half dozen other things that they were working on mostly done, they had time to sit back and see what else they could do.

That's when they decided to do Legacy Banks, Housing and Mini-games and Guild Ships.

I can only counsel the players to have a little bit of patience. Look where we were a year ago and look where we are now and imagine where we'll be in a year's time.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that about the time that F2P happened, the game was in dire straits in terms of existing issues and they had to prioritize. And in that list of priorities, mini-games didn't rank that high.

Once they got most of the bugs fixed, and got the SSSP finished and got the other half dozen other things that they were working on mostly done, they had time to sit back and see what else they could do.

That's when they decided to do Legacy Banks, Housing and Mini-games and Guild Ships.

I can only counsel the players to have a little bit of patience. Look where we were a year ago and look where we are now and imagine where we'll be in a year's time.

Under MOST circumstances, I would agree with the entirety of this post. MOST. But we're talking about a mainstay feature of the Star Wars universe that the developer already has experience with, knew its popularity and even had an acceptable client ready to go (unless Obsidian got pissy about its IP or there were glaring incompatibilities between HeroEngine and Odyssey).

It sets my reporter senses tingling. The explanation you proffer is a good one... but is it satisfactory even for you?

Surely you're curious as well. -bp

Edited by Sidenti

Setting aside all the emotional contortions over Pazaak not being in game at this time.....

I tend to look at things from a pragmatic perspective, and in context to known Developer themes and directions.

1) It's taken them a couple year to get to the point of putting transactional games of chance inside the game. I don't care why, only making the obvious observation to set context.

2) It is completely logical that in doing this, they begin with a form of gaming that virtually everyone knows how to play right out the gate. Why? So that they encourage maximum participation and interest with minimum learning curve. It also helps reduce the number of CS tickets from people who simply don't know how to play claiming that the game cheated them.

3) Slots are something everyone understands and knows how to play, so it makes a good launch platform for expanding into a new area of content.

4) IF.... IF the new content on Nar Shadda is as popular as expected.... then I fully expect them to add other game types over time..... ones that require more knowledge and understanding of the actual game (like Pazaak).

Frankly, all the Pazaak lovers should be embracing and supporting the addition of virtual chance games (I don't use the term gambling because these sorts of virtual content do not meet the legal tests for internet gambiling). Why? To show Bioware that you like games of chance and want more of them. Instead.. we get forum meltdowns about Pazaak.

Edited by Andryah

... I could link a different post to every word ...

Let us know when you can link a different POSTER to each word. A single obsessed blowhard posting again and again on the subject is not evidence of any substantial desire for the feature in the player base, and your results could be caused by one such blowhard -- I didn't bother to click through and check (life's too short.)

And I believe we are all aware of such forum blowhards.