So... when do we get Togruta species?

Satelle

Dear BW, you can't ignore the voice of the community any longer. I know there's been quite a lot threads considering putting Togruta as playable species to the game in past and I can tell you for sure they will appear occasionaly again and again to draw your attention.

It's obvious Togruta is one of the most favorable species by Star Wars fans. Nobody can't deny that majority of us wants to see it to be next after Cathar's. From basic research I did some time ago I concluded you're afraid to fulfill our wishes due to some (tentacle/lekku?) bugs or some other weird animation stuff that bothers you and according to your statements won't satisfy our gaming experience. But really, I could handle that. And as long as I can agree with your reasoning not to put Wookiees I absolutely disagree with you on Togruta matter (and I'm not the only one). I tell you what - I can take them as they are right now and would gladly pay even 4k cc. I'm serious.. Ashara seems to look pretty alright from my perspective although I do realize it's not that simple.. It's strange that things such as robes clipping through vehicles doesn't bother you since beta but this does. Once you would release this "faulty" Togruta model you can add fixes later - what's the problem here?

Togruta is destined for succes. Its unique, exotic and charming atributes makes it a perfect choice regardless small flaws. Not to mention it would allow us to customize our toons look in hundreds of variations and ways. It's a win-win scenario. Please think about it. :)

The problem with Togruta is that you cannot ever get any piece of headgear to work with them. Having a player species that has to autohide headgear is generally not a good design idea.

And it's surely impossible to fix...

Btw, who would put headgear on Togruta anyway... It's just.. wrong.

Have they said something about making a new playable species AT ALL since Cathars were made available?

Its possible that Cathar unlocks just didn't make enough money to warrant another race.

Not sure what the big deal is on this race, I do not find it all that interesting or great to look at. Like a freaky mutant Twi'lek from some experiment that went horribly wrong (really have no info on the species other then what it looks like to me).

Personally I would rather play a Selkath. Seen one for the first time in game on a jedi's class story, thought it had to be the coolest race I have seen in the game so far. Even took me several days to finally figure out what it was, cause no one on the planet seemed to know.

Edited by Hoshkar

We get Togruta when BioWare figures out how to model playable characters that are more spatially-complex than humans in face paint.

ie, don't hold your breath. Implementing Twi'lek already broke their limits, the addition of "frontal tentacles" is one step too far.

Basically they don't / can't / won't figure out how to do it without massive ugly clipping and animation issues. It's not because BioWare is "incapable", but the investment is not worth it to them.

That said, they may have some super-secret team devoted to making exotic species more playable, but until we hear any details about that, the best assumption is that the only new species will be stuff like Cathar — ie, things that fit the preexisting Human-like mold in terms of body proportions and spatial occupation.

Have they said something about making a new playable species AT ALL since Cathars were made available?

Its possible that Cathar unlocks just didn't make enough money to warrant another race.

I'm only relaying what I've read in a comment on Dulfy's site, but apparently the devs at the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour said the Cathar performed very well. If so, it would seem the odds of getting new species, whatever they are and whenever we get them, are looking good.

Minor annoyance at best.

Hence why some people still complain, years after the game came out?

It might be a minor annoyance, but it really, really doesn't look so good when Bioware releases races that have monstrous clipping issues. Shines a bad light on the game.

Hence why some people still complain, years after the game came out?

It might be a minor annoyance, but it really, really doesn't look so good when Bioware releases races that have monstrous clipping issues. Shines a bad light on the game.

Some people need to relax and not be so uptight about it.

Heck with the togruta species and just give us a new species or two at least something is better than nothing. Only thing I would ask is don't screw us over with something cheap like the cyborg species Edited by rynlath

Heck with the togruta species and just give us a new species or two at least something is better than nothing. Only thing I would ask is don't screw us over with something cheap like the cyborg species

Especially when you see other species using Cyborg implants ever since Vanilla. :rolleyes:

Yes! Absolutely. Would roll my third Sage for this.

And I am cool with auto-hiding headgear, none of my characters has visible headgear anyway.

Just ... Give ... It ... To ... Us

Yeah, I already got an empty slot saved for Togruta sage... maybe one day it will be filled.