It is time to fix solo ranked

Venjirai

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the gear gap is small now and undergeared players can still do good. And overgeared players can still suck. And I guarantee that overgeared bad will see the undergeared players around him and blame them for the loss.

And then they come to the forum demanding gear restrictions.

lol most of what you said was reasonable, but this last bit is just wrong. it's as wrong as the ppl who want to wholesale eliminate yolo Q. you've taken a small piece of the population and lumped everyone in that category. why shouldn't I be frustrated when a 26k sage is on my team? you do realize how fast a 33k sage drops, right? that's at least 1 more gcd of life that he's just giving away. the same for ppl who show up with 1500-1900 exp. and quite frankly, wth is so difficult about rolling full exp in a format that's much more demanding than regs? ditto for no stim. ditto for no augs. ditto for no pacs/adrenals. I've forgotten some of this stuff in Q or wasn't paying attention. that's quite different than choosing not to do it. and frankly, a "gate check" would help me out. if I forget, the system won't let me in, thus I'll "remember" and grab the stim or adrenals.

Can't be. Or otherwise Ranked players wouldn't be so loudly insist 2018 Expertise being an Requirement for Ranked - Solo Ranked as well.

The problem actually is the massive amount of low rating people.... No real matchmaking for higher rated players, when there are like 10-15 characters above 2k on your server, alts of 4-5 players. So basically you play over and over against the other 2ks, and it is pure RNG if you get more 600 rating players than the other team, or if someone DCs, or something like that. You win 2, then you lose more rating than you won with the last 2 games with a single loss. Waiting 30 minutes for each pop. Yep. :(

Not to be "that guy" but isn't the general complaint about bolster is that it's pretty easy to amalgamate something that gives you mid-tier stats? That Obroan doesn't have that much of an advantage over PvE gear aside from set bonuses? Not to mention that the general wisdom is that augments grant the biggest gear advantage; that is to say that in a confrontation of two players of equal skill, one in unaugmented ranked gear and the other in augmented mid-tier gear, the player in augmented gear actually has the advantage? What point would there be to adding an expertise check when the difference between mid-tier and bolster is so small and the items that give the biggest advantage are not checked at all?

Not to be "that guy" but isn't the general complaint about bolster is that it's pretty easy to amalgamate something that gives you mid-tier stats? That Obroan doesn't have that much of an advantage over PvE gear aside from set bonuses? Not to mention that the general wisdom is that augments grant the biggest gear advantage; that is to say that in a confrontation of two players of equal skill, one in unaugmented ranked gear and the other in augmented mid-tier gear, the player in augmented gear actually has the advantage? What point would there be to adding an expertise check when the difference between mid-tier and bolster is so small and the items that give the biggest advantage are not checked at all?

While I agree augments are as if not more important than playing bolster correctly but simply having bolster in ranked goes against what bolster really is which is an entry level stepping stone to level 55 PvP. Ranked is not entry level, if you want to do ranked you should have full expertise or at least 1900.

While I agree augments are as if not more important than playing bolster correctly but simply having bolster in ranked goes against what bolster really is which is an entry level stepping stone to level 55 PvP. Ranked is not entry level, if you want to do ranked you should have full expertise or at least 1900.

1930-something? really, the only possible exception would be to use a pve barrel that might arguably result in higher min/max'd dmg and sacrifice a little in survivability.