It is time to fix solo ranked

Venjirai

That above paragraph is the reason you see posts like "fix solo ranked" or "matchmaking sucks". The idea of a solo queue only is a great idea but it shouldn't reward ranked commendations or any other reward of any kind. Just a solo environment for people who want to do arenas. If you want to play ranked, queue as a group because in my eyes and other players eyes solo queue is a failure.

Stupid head.

I was with you until this BS. if you want to offer DIFFERENT rewards for grp ranked, that's one thing. but insisting that it not reward rated comms or any rewards is pure elitist jerk. it's self-serving narcissism. "if solo ranked isn't good enough for me, it's not worth anything" or some such fodder. why can't you just say something like grp rated is a higher level of play and should get different rewards? no. let's piss on solo rated cuz "I don't like it." as if every issue, from matchmaking to gear checks are beyond repair. c'mmon man. you're smarter than that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but those undergeared players now can gear up faster so overtime there will be more geared players playing ranked. also, it all evens out, since both sides have the same chance to get undergeared people in their team.

getting more people to participate in something is never a bad thing.

Lol naive azz Mia. Tell me exactly how Ranked help you gear up faster? You can be perfectly viable for ranked without setting foot in 1 WZ. I also can guarantee that those that are not in the know probably shouldn't be in the quid anyway due to the inexperience factor.

Besides that, for every player that consistently ques up being undergeared players such as myself don't que. If am a forced to wait to get a Que pop then at least make it worth it to be there. And while it might "even out", its no better having those types on my team versus the opposition having those same issues. At the end of the day, it still boils down to lack of player responsibility, which is abundant across the board. It's selfish as hell, and exactly why their needs to be gates for entry. Ranked is not the place to be gearing up.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Lol naive azz Mia. Tell me exactly how Ranked help you gear up faster? You can be perfectly viable for ranked without setting foot in 1 WZ. I also can guarantee that those that are not in the know probably shouldn't be in the quid anyway due to the inexperience factor.

Besides that, for every player that consistently ques up being undergeared players such as myself don't que. If am a forced to wait to get a Que pop then at least make it worth it to be there. And while it might "even out", its no better having those types on my team versus the opposition having those same issues. At the end of the day, it still boils down to lack of player responsibility, which is abundant across the board. It's selfish as hell, and exactly why their needs to be gates for entry. Ranked is not the place to be gearing up.

everyone gets rated. terrible players will end up with very low ratings over time. average players will end up with average ratings and good played will end up with good ratings. the key is over time.

ranked PVP isn't tournament PVP. just because someone may be bad at PVP doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to play and get their ranking. the NBA, NFL, MLB along with other sports don't kick out the bad teams that finish last place and they dont cancel games just because the first place team is playing the last place team.

ranked daily/weekly + the fact that ranked matches give ranked comms == getting complete min/maxed top tier PVP gear faster than just doing normal WZs. yes, I know you want to derail this thread into another bolster rant... but the fact remains that top tier PVP gear is > bolstered PVE gear.

again, more people participating is good for everyone.

Edited by MiaRB

everyone gets rated. terrible players will end up with very low ratings over time. average players will end up with average ratings and good played will end up with good ratings. the key is over time.

ranked PVP isn't tournament PVP. just because someone may be bad at PVP doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to play and get their ranking. the NBA, NFL, MLB along with other sports don't kick out the bad teams that finish last place and they dont cancel games just because the first place team is playing the last place team.

ranked daily/weekly + the fact that ranked matches give ranked comms == getting complete min/maxed top tier PVP gear faster than just doing normal WZs. yes, I know you want to derail this thread into another bolster rant... but the fact remains that top tier PVP gear is > bolstered PVE gear.

again, more people participating is good for everyone.

Premier League?

Swing and a miss......

Here is a RL analogy that is more fitting. Every team don't make the playoffs. Ranked is suppose to be a "playoff" where the best are to duke it out to see who ends up on top. The trophy is called Rating. This is the point of ranked.

But anywho... Nobody is trying to derail the thread here. One of the glaring problems with yolo is lack of gear checks. Adding dailies/weeklies only added to the yolo, which is now, more or less, glorified gear farming exercise. Yes, you can be perfectly VIABLE for ranked without setting foot into 1 ranked WZ and I didn't say that you needed to be BIS. There is a clear difference here. Any loss in rating because someone can't come to ranked prepared, or any gain in rating because of someone not coming to ranked prepared makes said rating, worthless. Not only that, if you are there for the gear, then your motivation to perform is minimal because there is zero risk because said rating is worthless. This is why you see AFKs, quitters and que syncs.

If you want to gear, then move ranked comms to regs and put up a gate so you can't be undergeared, because at the end of the day, quality matches are what will keep people queing in the long run.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Premier League?

Swing and a miss......

Here is a RL analogy that is more fitting. Every team don't make the playoffs. Ranked is suppose to be a "playoff" where the best are to duke it out to see who ends up on top. The trophy is called Rating. This is the point of ranked.

NBA regular season = ranked play. teams are ranked by their win/loss record. the top teams then go to the playoffs which is a tournament.

ranked WZs = regular season. at the end of a ranked season you could take the highest rated players and then have a playoff tournament. but you cant have a playoffs where the "best" duke it out, unless you have a regular season to find out who the "best" are.

Edited by MiaRB

NBA regular season = ranked play. teams are ranked by their win/loss record. the top teams then go to the playoffs which is a tournament.

ranked WZs = regular season. at the end of a ranked season you could take the highest rated players and then have a playoff tournament. but you cant have a playoffs where the "best" duke it out, unless you have a regular season to find out who the "best" are.

I guess you never heard of "Second Season".:rolleyes:

So where is the playoff que and what' the point of having regs? D-League? LOL OK.

I guess you never heard of "Second Season".:rolleyes:

So where is the playoff que and what' the point of having regs? D-League? LOL OK.

if you want a playoff tournament, then make a post in the suggestion section asking for one. but lack of a playoff tournament doesn't mean that ranked season 2 is the playoffs for season season 1.

the point of regs is to have fun games that mean nothing and where you go to play the objective based WZs. the point of ranked play is to play games and get a rating and where you go if you want arena play instead of objective based PVP.

if you want a playoff tournament, then make a post in the suggestion section asking for one. but lack of a playoff tournament doesn't mean that ranked season 2 is the playoffs for season season 1

And who said that? The same teams don't make the playoffs every year. You need to qualify, AKA get some augs, decent PVE gear, and stims then you can come participate.

where you go if you want arena play instead of objective based PVP.

And you can't do that in regs? Because there is NOTHING competitive about having wild stat deltas in RANKED Yolo. And yes, it happens A LOT. Otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about it.

No wonder competitive PvP is in such a miserable state. Just full of excuses. I should have listened to Ugly when he told me solo ranked was a bad idea.... /facepalm. Maybe I am the one that's naïve enough to believe other players actually feel some sense of responsibility to fellow players. :rolleyes:

And who said that? The same teams don't make the playoffs every year. You need to qualify, AKA get some augs, decent PVE gear, and stims then you can come participate.

And you can't do that in regs? Because there is NOTHING competitive about having wild stat deltas in RANKED Yolo. And yes, it happens A LOT. Otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about it.

No wonder competitive PvP is in such a miserable state. Just full of excuses. I should have listened to Ugly when he told me solo ranked was a bad idea.... /facepalm. Maybe I am the one that's naïve enough to believe other players actually feel some sense of responsibility to fellow players. :rolleyes:

you cant get good arena matches in regs because the matchmaking for regs isn't the same as matchmaking for rateds.

if BW did add a gear check or aug check, then the complaint would be, "I lost because of the bads I get stuck with on my team". most solo ranked matches are won or lost based on which team has a plan and how many on the team actually stick to the plan. yes, have some bad geared people now and then, but those types are less common every week that goes by.

you want to talk about sense of responsibility to other players? then talk about the bottom feeders that quit multiple rated WZs each day. funny how most of those quitters are the very same people who rage about "bads" being allowed in ranked WZs.

EDIT: by the way, if you want "competitive" play, then group up and do grouped ranked. that is what grouped is for, right? for elitists who don't want to be forced to play with the peasants. let me guess, you don't do it because not enough people que up for grouped? and your solution would be getting rid of solo que so the peasants are forced to que up for grouped? lol.

Edited by MiaRB

you cant get good arena matches in regs because the matchmaking for regs isn't the same as matchmaking for rateds.

if BW did add a gear check or aug check, then the complaint would be, "I lost because of the bads I get stuck with on my team". most solo ranked matches are won or lost based on which team has a plan and how many on the team actually stick to the plan. yes, have some bad geared people now and then, but those types are less common every week that goes by.

you want to talk about sense of responsibility to other players? then talk about the bottom feeders that quit multiple rated WZs each day. funny how most of those quitters are the very same people who rage about "bads" being allowed in ranked WZs.

And guess what, those that show up unprepared are "bads/bottom feeders" too. You are talking about step 2 or 3 before you talk about step 1. The easiest step of all. Being geared. And no, no amount of planning can makeup for a tank sin showing up with 26K HP. And you wonder why people quit?:rolleyes: Which reminds me.

I would rather have a 26k shadow tank who at least is trying to win.

If you show up to a ranked match with 26K HP you are NOT trying to win. You are doing the exact opposite. Setting up yourself, and your team to fail, whether it be through ignorance or malice. <<<-----This is why anything you post about this matter is invalid, along with any conclusions about rating actually meaning something.

Entitlement at its finest.

And guess what, those that show up unprepared are "bads/bottom feeders" too. You are talking about step 2 or 3 before you talk about step 1. The easiest step of all. Being geared. And no, no amount of planning can makeup for a tank sin showing up with 26K HP. And you wonder why people quit?:rolleyes: Which reminds me.

If you show up to a ranked match with 26K HP you are NOT trying to win. You are doing the exact opposite. Setting up yourself, and your team to fail, whether it be through ignorance or malice. <<<-----This is why anything you post about this matter is invalid, along with any conclusions about rating actually meaning something.

Entitlement at its finest.

"I would rather have a 26k shadow tank who at least is trying to win, instead of alts who are throwing matches to help someones epeen rating. "

if you are going to quote me, you should use the whole quote. yeah, I would still rather have the 26k guy who is trying to win instead of an alt who is only there to throw the match. wouldn't you? besides, that 26k guy isn't going to be at 26k forever, since he/she is earning comms to use on gear.

anyway, as I said, if you don't want to be exposed to "bads" or undergeared people, then just que for grouped ranked. there, problem solved.

Edited by MiaRB

"I would rather have a 26k shadow tank who at least is trying to win, instead of alts who are throwing matches to help someones epeen rating. "

if you are going to quote me, you should use the whole quote. yeah, I would still rather have the 26k guy who is trying to win instead of an alt who is only there to throw the match. wouldn't you? besides, that 26k guy isn't going to be at 26k forever, since he/she is earning comms to use on gear.

anyway, as I said, if you don't want to be exposed to "bads" or undergeared people, then just que for grouped ranked. there, problem solved.

Or remove the ranked title/rating from solo. There... problem solved..

Of course I don't need the entire quote, that one sentence is enough to gauge your idea of competitiveness and being a responsible teammate. i.e. its likely you have never played anything truly competitive in your life.

Go home, ur drunk Mia

PS: I don't want either. Besides those alts throwing matches are rarely, if ever, geared, so your "point" is moot. Yes there is a lack of players also admitting when they were outplayed, but since gear means a lot, if your team is not on equal footing, you can't talk about competitive value, and this is why your idea of what ranked should be is laughable. Gear farming and RNG, yet "Ranked". Please...:rolleyes:

Or remove the ranked title/rating from solo. There... problem solved..

Of course I don't need the entire quote, that one sentence is enough to gauge your idea of competitiveness and being a responsible teammate. i.e. its likely you have never played anything truly competitive in your life.

Go home, ur drunk Mia

PS: I don't want either. Besides those alts throwing matches are rarely, if ever, geared, so your "point" is moot. Yes there is a lack of players also admitting when they were outplayed, but since gear means a lot, if your team is not on equal footing, you can't talk about competitive value, and this is why your idea of what ranked should be is laughable. Gear farming and RNG, yet "Ranked". Please...:rolleyes:

what would removing the ranked title and ratings from solo accomplish? nothing. in fact, it would be a step backwards. ranked doesn't mean, "exclusive elitist club". it just means that wins and losses will affect your rating. you seem to think solo rateds mean its the world series of TOR or something, when it isn't.

and for the third time, if you want competitive PVP, then do grouped ranked... that is what its there for.

what would removing the ranked title and ratings from solo accomplish? nothing. in fact, it would be a step backwards. ranked doesn't mean, "exclusive elitist club". it just means that wins and losses will affect your rating. you seem to think solo rateds mean its the world series of TOR or something, when it isn't.

and for the third time, if you want competitive PVP, then do grouped ranked... that is what its there for.

So I should be forced to group because you don't feel the need to be on equal footing from a stats perspective? What is exclusive about being geared? Are you somehow prevented from meeting minimum requirements?

No.

So for the third time, there is ZERO point in having ratings when there are no barriers for entry and subjected to something as simple as gearing. The reason this thread was started is exactly because people want their SOLO rating to mean something. You don't feel the same way, which is why there is a problem. You and others don't want RANKED to be competitive, which is exactly why yolo is a joke.

So I should be forced to group because you don't feel the need to be on equal footing from a stats perspective? What is exclusive about being geared? Are you somehow prevented from meeting minimum requirements?

No.

So for the third time, there is ZERO point in having ratings when there are no barriers for entry and subjected to something as simple as gearing. The reason this thread was started is exactly because people want their SOLO rating to mean something. You don't feel the same way, which is why there is a problem. You and others don't want RANKED to be competitive, which is exactly why yolo is a joke.

the point in having ratings is to be rated. bad players will end up with bad ratings( including people who don't meet your gear requirements ). good players will rise to the top and end up with good ratings. most people will just have average rating, because most people are just average( even though most think they are above average ). as I said before, over time its all evens out and the end result is, people end up with the ratings they should have. even if everyone met your ratings requirements, you would still end up with bad players on your team sometimes, just like sometimes you'll see bad players on the other team. adding a gear check would change nothing at all, everyone would still end up with pretty much the same ratings they will have by the end of this season.

oh and, this thread was started because the OP wanted all solo rated games to always be a tank, a healer and two DPS. not once did the OP mention gear or gear checks.

Want to know the difference between a good player and a bad player? A good player understands the inherent risks of solo queue but because he/she is a good player he/she takes given loses in stride and knows that by playing well enough over a long enough period of time he/she will climb the leaderboards.

A bad player loses regardless then comes to the forums to blame all of his short comings on his bad team mates and then demands the removal of solo queue from the game.

No one forces you to solo queue Randle. If you can't handle the RNG, get out of the kitchen, so to speak. If you are good, and play smart, it will show even if you get a few *******s now and then.

And if you really do get *******s every round the universe hates you and you've got bigger problems to worry about than solo queue

Want to know the difference between a good player and a bad player? A good player understands the inherent risks of solo queue but because he/she is a good player he/she takes given loses in stride and knows that by playing well enough over a long enough period of time he/she will climb the leaderboards.

A bad player loses regardless then comes to the forums to blame all of his short comings on his bad team mates and then demands the removal of solo queue from the game.

No one forces you to solo queue Randle. If you can't handle the RNG, get out of the kitchen, so to speak. If you are good, and play smart, it will show even if you get a few *******s now and then.

And if you really do get *******s every round the universe hates you and you've got bigger problems to worry about than solo queue

While I have RANDLE blocked because he is a known troll, what you just said is the most narrow minded crap to ever set foot on a thread.

Your philosophy of being able to *eventually* climb the ranks is already made moot by the fact the matchmaking system is broken, not to mention the game throwers, que syncers, win traders and undergeared players.

I have no doubt in this season, there is more of a likelihood that a top 10% player ( skill level) is in the < 1300 rating bracket then in the 2k / + bracket.......

Oh please... Trying to defend a broke system and gleam any sense of skill level with a worthless *** rating? Guess what? I don't que solo, and I am telling you and Mia exactly why. As much as the universe might love me, its probably hating someone else. It not just about me as much as you and Mia assumes. You can't even determine who is a good player or a bad player. Yolo has more holes than swiss cheese.

Why would you fight quality improvements is beyond me?

Remove solo rank . More people would queue 4's. Or get rid of solo and bring in 2v2 arena.

There is no reason for us to not have 2v2 and 3v3.

The solution for ranked is every match counts to your personal rating.

The biggest problem with solo ranked is the lack of players within the pool to make the ratings system work correctly. A 2100 rated player should not be matched up against a 1200 rated player, but it happens because of the lack of players. Also in solo rated a 2 or 3 man team should not be grouped together for a match but it happens all the time. For a ratings system to be succeasfull you need massive partisipation and also croo server que which is not going to happen. So take it for whats it worth but ratings in solo or group really mean nothing asba whole because yes your rating might be higher but against what real competetion. Merge servers together, have a better faction balance and then you will see solo and group rank work until then your pissen in the wind cause the ratings are pointless to argue over.

Im not saying that pvp gear should or shouldnt be a requirement but if the player pool was deeper then the people with low gear would play similiar geared and ranked players instead of matching someone with a 1200 rating anf a 1000 rating vs a team with 1400-1500 rating. Pepple cry its not fair to be grouped with somoene that has crappy gear because its almost alwys a loss. Merge the servera together. Get factions balanced so that the rankings will work like they are suppose to or solo ranked ratings is just a fake number that can be achieved my group queing or playingbthe same teams over and over. If you really want to see how solo que should work ask for servers to merge and get the players pool to decrease

Your philosophy of being able to *eventually* climb the ranks is already made moot by the fact the matchmaking system is broken, not to mention the game throwers, que syncers, win traders and undergeared players

It's not about "eventually" climbing the ranks, it's that over time your ranking becomes more accurate. Dead weight people who suck will keep dropping because they lose every time. People who are good will continue to climb because even if they're matched up with bads a lot they can still pull out an occasional win by carrying or rallying a team, especially if put on a team of 3 other team players.

As for the system being "broken" people are complaining about game throwers, que syncers, and win traders but the fixes they demand won't fix any of those. You can set an expertise, Valor, or gear restriction and all of those will still exist.

It's like complaining about the matchmaking system as the fault for their loss. Sure the matchmaking system matches classes that demolish your team but it's also puts you on teams that demolish the enemy. It's basically a class RNG, the opposition faces the same problem as you so it cancels out. If you're always losing games it's not the matchmaking system at fault. A few of those games you had the class advantage and you still lost.

Lastly is the "undergeared" players. If they're that badly undergeared they will lose often and their ranking will fall to the bottom. If you're overgeared and you find yourself in this bracket you should be outclassing the opposing under geared players and getting a lot of wins.

The problem is the gear gap is small now and undergeared players can still do good. And overgeared players can still suck. And I guarantee that overgeared bad will see the undergeared players around him and blame them for the loss.

And then they come to the forum demanding gear restrictions.