*Spoilers* Need help with final quest in Jedi Knight chapter 3

GavinBail

So I'm having huge problems here, mostly that I have no freaking clue what I should even be doing here. I haven't used T7 since I got Kira so he is pathetically under-geared. I read somewhere that there is a "puzzle" on the floor of the temple that is supposed to form the imperial crest but it flickers to a new shape every second or so and clicking on the panels doesn't seem to do anything. Any advice on either the puzzle or just letting me know how one is supposed to deal with the emperor and his army of clones.

A Google search for "t7 Dark Temple puzzle" took me here, where I found some decent videos and screenshots. Apparently you want to get the panels on all the columns to display a trapezoid shape, at which point the patterns on the floor will form the Imperial insignia and the chest will appear.

As of the time that blog post went up, in 2012, the quest was bugged. The workaround was to reset the phase, either by running out or by queueing for a Flashpoint. I just completed the Jedi Knight for the first time last week, but I'm afraid I don't know whether this bug was ever fixed. I leveled my Jedi with Cybertech, which trivialized the issue of gearing T7 immensely. I was able to skip the puzzle entirely by crafting moddable droid parts and mods to put in them.

T7 didn't last long when I did the Emperor fight, in any event. It seemed like using the pillars to break line of sight on the Emperor's one-shot attack was much more important than the companion's contribution.

Edited by Allegos
Inserted link to provide more information.