Need help on keybinding and strafing

omegakeenan

I've read up on guides and everything, but I just cant seem to get the hang of using the camera, I get confused between the left mouse button and right mouse button when rotating the camera its just so frustrating. Do I take off smart camera or Camera Pivot or both? :mad:

Keybinding I use

E: Foward

W: Strafe Left

R: Strafe Right

(For abilities, I just use most of the left side of the keyboard that suits my playing style, oh and I use a regular keyboard and mouse)

I'm wondering if that's the most effective way for kiting, and also in pve/pvp warzones I always have difficulty targeting the player sometimes because everyones moving around and then I target the wrong person and thats just so frustrating also, is there like a key you guys use to make it more easier when targeting an enemy? I'm new to all this strafing and keybinding and I just need some help lol.

Use tab for targeting....Get in the habit of reaching up with your left ring finger and hitting up. Over and over and over and over..........Do it til your sick of it. Then do it some more.

A lot of people complain about tab targeting. I'm not one of them. I PREFER tab targeting.

For years I clicked my abilities and used the keys to move. Holy crap I was bad, lol. FOR YEARS! I would back up and fire off my abilities. Or I would turn sooooo slowly with A and D....People must of been laughing their asses off.

But I learned. And now I'm competitive. Good for you that your learning! And don't listen to the clickers when they say they can do everything just as well. They can't. Period. I should know right? :D

I've read up on guides and everything, but I just cant seem to get the hang of using the camera, I get confused between the left mouse button and right mouse button when rotating the camera its just so frustrating. Do I take off smart camera or Camera Pivot or both? :mad:

I can't log in right now to see my camera settings but I'm pretty sure they're default. Just play around with the mouse, maybe take some time from serious gameplay to get the hang of using the camera from the mouse. Inverting the X/Y axis might make it easier for you, and I'm pretty sure it's an option in the preferences menu.

Keybinding I use

E: Foward

W: Strafe Left

R: Strafe Right

(For abilities, I just use most of the left side of the keyboard that suits my playing style, oh and I use a regular keyboard and mouse)

I also use W and R for left/right strafing, but I don't use a forward key at all. Instead, I've bound that to the middle mouse button and it's really just toggle autorun. You can hold down left and right mouse buttons to move forward as well. I went from WASD (for years) to just using W and R and middle mouse, and it definitely took some getting used to. Again, just run around fleet or something mounted until you kind of get the hang of the controls, then maybe go run some easy low level heroics or do some dailies. That should get you pretty well acquainted with your new keybinds.

I'm wondering if that's the most effective way for kiting, and also in pve/pvp warzones I always have difficulty targeting the player sometimes because everyones moving around and then I target the wrong person and thats just so frustrating also, is there like a key you guys use to make it more easier when targeting an enemy? I'm new to all this strafing and keybinding and I just need some help lol.

I use TAB for targetting when it's difficult to click.