So yeah, Tulak Hord set is bloody epic!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a lot of new players posting on these forums these days. When the game was released the end game gear was generally panned for its appearance. At the time it was removed it was the subject of ridicule. I doubt at that point it was ever intended to be reintroduced. Recently people have been trying to get it back I guess maybe they saw an oportunity and stuck it in the packs. Short memories people have, or maybe I'm the last of the founders.

Seems like a lot of new players posting on these forums these days. When the game was released the end game gear was generally panned for its appearance. At the time it was removed it was the subject of ridicule. I doubt at that point it was ever intended to be reintroduced. Recently people have been trying to get it back I guess maybe they saw an oportunity and stuck it in the packs. Short memories people have, or maybe I'm the last of the founders.

You're remembering it wrong or you'll only remembering it the way it suits your particular nifty little theory. :rolleyes:

There were people who enjoyed those sets, the same way there were people that disliked them, which is EXACTLY - behold(!!!) - what we have now.

Guess Anakin is not the only one enjoyed dealing in absolutes.

This on the pts or something?

Yes. The preview is available on the PTS.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You're remembering it wrong or you'll only remembering it the way it suits your particular nifty little theory. :rolleyes:

There were people who enjoyed those sets, the same way there were people that disliked them, which is EXACTLY - behold(!!!) - what we have now.

Guess Anakin is not the only one enjoyed dealing in absolutes.

Yes. The preview is available on the PTS.

A general opinion should not invoke personal insults. I neither quoted you or referenced a post of yours. I remeber the overall majority feedback on those sets was extremely bad. It is obvious that I would not think 100% of the population didn't like those sets. Or am I being trolled here?

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SWTOR_TulakHord_Heavy.jpg

WHOA ******! I want this for my phone wallpaper :/ Wish the actual set looked like this!!!

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SWTOR_TempleGuardianRobes.jpg REally, it looks like the hood might be a part of the helmet given how it's connected below the neck.

New concept look better than old: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SWTOR_Temple_Guardian_Armor_Concept.jpg

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

A general opinion should not invoke personal insults. I neither quoted you or referenced a post of yours. I remeber the overall majority feedback on those sets was extremely bad. It is obvious that I would not think 100% of the population didn't like those sets. Or am I being trolled here?

I honestly remember quite the opposite, so which one of us is being truthful here?

Before I started posting on these forums, I had never noticed public opinion was so divided concerning the armor sets. Regardless, no one attacked you last I checked... I only CRITICIZED your biased perception on the matter, especially when you don't even have the data to back it up.

"Overall majority"? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I honestly remember quite the opposite, so which one of us is being truthful here?

Before I started posting on these forums, I had never noticed public opinion was so divided concerning the armor sets. Regardless, no one attacked you last I checked... I only CRITICIZED your biased perception on the matter, especially when you don't even have the data to back it up.

"Overall majority"? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

And do you have that data? It would be almost impossible I would think to prove it one way or another , however the role of a forum is to provoke conversation and opinion regardless of those opinions basis

My opinion is based on my experience at the time. I have never claimed it as fact. However my perspective is that of a shadow which I accept my cloud my opinions as that set was particularly rubbish.

Edited by Apeth

And do you have that data?

I wasn't the one who claimed that the "overall majority" (dis)liked them, did I? :rolleyes:

It would be almost impossible I would think to prove it one way or another , however the role of a forum is to provoke conversation and opinion regardless of those opinions basis

Again, even an opinion has to be based onto something... My issue is when people base their opinions on unsubstantiated evidence, which was you did earlier.

My opinion is based on my experience at the time. I have never claimed it as fact. However my perspective is that of a shadow which I accept my cloud my opinions as that set was particularly rubbish.

Again, you claimed the "overall majority" disliked the armor sets without actually providing any evidence to prove such.

That's a FACT.

You don't like the armor sets? Fine; You're entitled to. However, don't try to make it sound like everyone did to make your point across.

So I made a topic about epic Tulak Hord and you make few-page long discussion about old crappy tionese.

A Sith does what a Sith wants.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I wasn't the one who claimed that the "overall majority" (dis)liked them, did I? :rolleyes:

Again, even an opinion has to be based onto something... My issue is when people base their opinions on unsubstantiated evidence, which was you did earlier.

Again, you claimed the "overall majority" disliked the armor sets without actually providing any evidence to prove such.

That's a FACT.

You don't like the armor sets? Fine; You're entitled to. However, don't try to make it sound like everyone did to make your point across.

A Sith does what a Sith wants.

I'm affraid you have taken my post to literally. In the future ill be sure to put that its my personal opinion before posting to avoid confusion.

I think the tulak hord set is awesome to. I'm gonna find it hard to choose between it and the temple gaurdian set.

Founder here. I remember those days. And I want the old sets back

In fac,t I'm willing to bet that alot of the people asking for the sets back are people who have them on one of their toons, but can't have them on their other toons because they made them later.

WHOA ******! I want this for my phone wallpaper :/ Wish the actual set looked like this!!!

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SWTOR_TempleGuardianRobes.jpg REally, it looks like the hood might be a part of the helmet given how it's connected below the neck.

New concept look better than old: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SWTOR_Temple_Guardian_Armor_Concept.jpg

Doesn't look like it's connected to the mask, it looks like it comes up from beneath the tunic.

So I made a topic about epic Tulak Hord and you make few-page long discussion about old crappy tionese.

Yeah, funny how that happens eh? Someone starts a topic discussing something in a new pack and someone comes in and derails the thread with some off topic comment like how tionese gear was ugly or how there wasn't a jedi robe in the pack :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the old art over the new, with the exception of the belt on the new (the "new" actually looks like it may have been an earlier draft, a lot of it just overall looks less finished/polished than the one from a couple months ago).

But even if they do use the belt design I prefer from the new one, I bet the hanging straps will end up being "fixed" by making them part of the lower robe instead :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthDymond

It looks connected to the chest like any other hooded outfit in the game.

Do you think the Ajunta pall armour will be like traditional robes? The pic dulfy has it kinda looks a bit like them.

I think I will be spending a lot of creds in the coming weeks time to sell the rare stuff I've been holding on to.

Do you think the Ajunta pall armour will be like traditional robes? The pic dulfy has it kinda looks a bit like them.

I think I will be spending a lot of creds in the coming weeks time to sell the rare stuff I've been holding on to.

To date there have been three depictions of Ajunta Pall:

One in a full-length dark robe (with some weird lapel notch going on that almost makes it look like a cross with a trench coat).

One in the same Sith Robes used by a lot of the NPCs in KotOR 1.

And one in the more hooded-tunic style (the pic Dulfy used).

Time will tell which of the three versions they use as the basis, or if they make their own version like they did with Tulak Hord. My guess is that it will incorporate elements from both the KotOR Sith Robes and the more Jedi-style robes that you saw on Dulfy's site.

Edited by DarthDymond

Founder here. I remember those days. And I want the old sets back

In fac,t I'm willing to bet that alot of the people asking for the sets back are people who have them on one of their toons, but can't have them on their other toons because they made them later.

This is where I fit in. Founder here as well BTW.

Yeah, funny how that happens eh? Someone starts a topic discussing something in a new pack and someone comes in and derails the thread with some off topic comment like how tionese gear was ugly or how there wasn't a jedi robe in the pack :rolleyes:

You forgot the "Traditional". ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Nice clipping. Still, nice to know the option is there; TY. ;)

Well even the hair clips through the helmet, but i guess they'll fix that when it goes live. But i hope it stays that way, compatible with hood and without. Because we only have a few helmets/masks that look good with both variations, though most of them look either good with hood up or hood down, not both. :rolleyes: