So yeah, Tulak Hord set is bloody epic!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Developers create new sets for the CM: "OMG BWEA, why put unique sets on the CM, you should make them drop in game! Greedy bastards!"

Developers recycle old sets for the CM: "OMG BWEA, why you recycle old sets for $$$??? Those should be available from game activity!!! Greedy bastards!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Developers create new sets for the CM: "OMG BWEA, why put unique sets on the CM, you should make them drop in game! Greedy bastards!"

Developers recycle old sets for the CM: "OMG BWEA, why you recycle old sets for $$$??? Those should be available from game activity!!! Greedy bastards!"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

While I personally have no problem with either new original sets or old removed sets making their way to the CM, what you just described isn't a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation -- it's just a perfectly consistent "armor sets should be made available through in-game means (beyond the GTN)" position.

Well they are back mostly. So am a Happy button.

The "mostly" will be replaced with a "fully", once Bioware releases the remaining bunch via Cartel Market.

Again, I for one - like I stated in this one thread that got deleted - am giddy with anticipation for the day the current ones are removed, only to be (re)introduced one year after 3.0 is released or so.

The "mostly" will be replaced with a "fully", once Bioware releases the remaining bunch via Cartel Market.

Again, I for one - like I stated in this one thread that got deleted - am giddy with anticipation for the day the current ones are removed, only to be (re)introduced one year after 3.0 is released or so.

Aside from Maybe the Trooper and BH Sets I really wouldn't care if the 55 gear got removed. It's Kinda meh tbh.

Aside from Maybe the Trooper and BH Sets I really wouldn't care if the 55 gear got removed. It's Kinda meh tbh.
The old sets were mostly pretty 'meh' too. Most highlevel armor in this game look rather silly, in fact. Edited by Wylf

Actually, that sounds like a really good way to do it.

Some time after each level cap increase, trim down the previous multiple tiers of the "Elder Game" sets to one design - the way they did with the "Campaign" armors (or whichever ones you get for Classic Comms now), and remove the rest to keep the Progression flow from getting bogged down or overly complicated.

Then after a year or so, reintroduce new versions of the removed designs (with new names) via the CM, Reoccurring Events, and Reputation vendors the way they are with these old Rakata, Battlemaster and War Hero sets.

The people who worked to get the gear when it was still "Elder Game" content will have the original versions and all the bragging rights that go with having that specific variation, and everyone else will be able to acquire a similar-looking version so they aren't screwed out of ever getting that general appearance.

Edited by DarthDymond

HEATHEN. HERETIC. BLASPHEMER. :mad:

Have you see the Sith Warrior Gear, who on earth decided giant round block for a helmet was a good idea?

The old sets were mostly pretty 'meh' too. Most highlevel armor in this game look rather silly, in fact.

Call me Rose Tinted or w/e But I loved the Rakata sets. (Cept for maybe the Knight and Inquisitor sets... Cream orange Sentinel gear ***? Dunce Caps for Inquisitors. So glad they went with the pvp versions instead.)

Also. Sith Warrior set has Bird Feet. I need it.... gief.

SW high-end gear is always awful for some reason but I'm quite fond of the Verpine armor for Jedi Knights, Troopers and Imperial Agents. :cool:

I forget the name of it since I'm not in-game atm but. I really like the Trooper Set. It used to be ultimate only they got bumped down to Elite but it was very tactical and stuff.

I forget the name of it since I'm not in-game atm but. I really like the Trooper Set. It used to be ultimate only they got bumped down to Elite but it was very tactical and stuff.

This one I assume? ;)

http://tor-fashion.com/verpine-med-tech-boltblaster-demolisher-mk-12-pub/

One of the three I like, together with the one for Jedi Knights and Imperial Agents as stated. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Call me Rose Tinted or w/e But I loved the Rakata sets. (Cept for maybe the Knight and Inquisitor sets... Cream orange Sentinel gear ***? Dunce Caps for Inquisitors. So glad they went with the pvp versions instead.)

Also. Sith Warrior set has Bird Feet. I need it.... gief.

I won't call you anything, but just accept that you have a different taste than I do. I'm amazing like that. :3