So yeah, Tulak Hord set is bloody epic!

http://imgur.com/1Vd7w8K

This is a winner so far. Rest of the Sith sets are placeholders. A lot of new and original outfits coming out in the single month's pack.

Gratz on the imagination here, since Tulak Hord was NEVER graphically presented anywhere. I really love this outfit.

Errrrric or Tait. Please tell me that the next Nightlife Pack will have plenty of Jedi outfits :)

You guys mad about Bantha's being 6 million on your server? Well, I'd say save your cash for Brown Rancor :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should also point out that it's confirmed that Bioware will be reintroducing the old Columi and Battlemaster armor sets, albeit with a different color, through the Cartel Market.

My thanks for removing them rather arbitrarily, if only to reintroduce them in order to get an extra buck out of us. God forbid you from doing it differently. :rolleyes:

Should also point out that it's confirmed that Bioware will be reintroducing the old Columi and Battlemaster armor sets, albeit with a different color, through the Cartel Market.

My thanks for removing them rather arbitrarily, if only to reintroduce them in order to get an extra buck out of us. God forbid you from doing it differently. :rolleyes:

Wow....that's low.

Not at all a problem. They're going to drop from a cartel pack that was going to be bought and opened anyway... so they'll end up on the GTN just like any other armor set. There have been threads upon threads asking for these to be returned, so would you rather not have them at all... or on the GTN as a drop from a pack?

That's excellent news! I'll be sure to add some more coins when the time comes.

Not at all a problem. They're going to drop from a cartel pack that was going to be bought and opened anyway... so they'll end up on the GTN just like any other armor set. There have been threads upon threads asking for these to be returned, so would you rather not have them at all... or on the GTN as a drop from a pack?

I would have preferred that which I've stated repeatedly(!!!) in the past: For Bioware NOT to arbitrarily remove stuff from the game, if their end-goal is to reintroduce them further down the road in order to make a quick buck.

I would have preferred that which I've stated repeatedly(!!!) in the past: For Bioware NOT to arbitrarily remove stuff from the game, if their end-goal is to reintroduce them further down the road in order to make a quick buck.

Weird how for-profit companies tend to shy away from advice from forum fanatics. :rolleyes:

It's just a completely different approach to the game. Before the cartel market came along this game was very big on visual progression: gear starts out simple, but as you progress in level, valor, or wealth, you gear becomes more elaborate. This was also very restrictive, as you could tell from a glance what class and level someone was. Another downside: inadvertently, everybody looked somewhat the same. This system was then canned, in favor of a highly customizable microtransaction model that we have now, where we have hundreds of options and everyone looks differently. This wasn't done arbitrarily at all, I think. I ALSO don't think this was done with the intent to reintroduce them later. I think that happened because there were so many folks asking for these sets to return!

There's other plus sides too, as these sets are now adaptive, cross class, and even cross faction. None of which would have been possible before. I highly prefer this to the rigid visual progression model.

It's just a completely different approach to the game. Before the cartel market came along this game was very big on visual progression: gear starts out simple, but as you progress in level, valor, or wealth, you gear becomes more elaborate. This was also very restrictive, as you could tell from a glance what class and level someone was. Another downside: inadvertently, everybody looked somewhat the same. This system was then canned, in favor of a highly customizable microtransaction model that we have now, where we have hundreds of options and everyone looks differently. This wasn't done arbitrarily at all, I think. I ALSO don't think this was done with the intent to reintroduce them later. I think that happened because there were so many folks asking for these sets to return!

I have a hard time believing it quite honestly, especially having in mind this has happened with vehicles as well, namely the Korrealis'.

There's other plus sides too, as these sets are now adaptive, cross class, and even cross faction. None of which would have been possible before. I highly prefer this to the rigid visual progression model.

Which is why I was hoping for them to reintroduce them in a similar fashion to what they did with the Tattered Ritualistic robes, not like this.

Again, it wasn't the first time they chose to "remove" stuff, only to reintroduce them at a later date via Cartel Market.

Sure it's convenient; Sure it's handy for a significant portion of the player base but I sincerely doubt they take into account the latter when they think of it.

Plus, truth be told, by pulling this kind of stuff, they end up gaining some time to come up with new armor sets for new packs and to work on them. The workload for this stuff is NON-EXISTANT seeing that from a technical side, they were never actually removed but rather made inaccessible after 2.0 was released.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They seem to be spreading around how they're reintroducing the old stuff actually.

The old PVP Consular gear is back as the Tattered Ritualist and Tattered Mystic gear from the "Invasion" Flashpoints

The old PVE Smuggler gear is coming back as the Kingpin Armor from the Nightlife Event

And now we've got several (I think six) more showing up in the CM packs.

Hopefully they'll keep a bit of variety going between the CM, Reputation Vendors, and Events going forward as they (re)introduce the rest. I do expect the majority will be weighted towards the CM though.

Also just checked out the lists Dulfy put up for Star Cluster and Club Vertica packs and hooooly s*** there's some good Mando and Sith stuff in there from the looks of it - or hopefully will be once they actually release the in-game renders.

Rohlan Dyre and Mandalore the Ultimate :D gotta love more Mando options.

Plus it looks like they're putting out all of the established original Dark Lords of the Sith: Ajunta Pall, Remulus Dreypa, Karness Muur, and XoXaan. (Hopefully Sorzus Syn makes an appearance in one of the later packs too.)

I'm pretty excited for that lineup, especially given how good the Tulak Hord set looks in-game.

They weren't removed "arbitrarily". They were removed because those armors sets were pretty useless once the level cap increased.

aw man, oh well there goes my idea. I wish Bioware would let us pick armor apart for further customization.

I would love this too, especially seeing that they're constantly trolling us with some of the stuff they add to our armor sets, while some characters get a far more "cleaned up" version so to speak.