Operative healers are too op

Kalular

Their hots need to do 50% of what they do now, their hots keep people alive longer than any other class's hots, also replace their top heal ability with something useless like a 3.5 second cast big heal like sorcs have or a bonus to your Orbital Strike or something like that.

Make room for the other healing classes by putting operatives in the garbage bin for healing. This is the only way for sorcs to even stand a chance against operatives at healing.

Edited by Kalular

Their hots need to do 50% of what they do now, their hots keep people alive longer than any other class's hots, also replace their top heal ability with something useless like a 3.5 second cast big heal like sorcs have or a bonus to your Orbital Strike or something like that.

Make room for the other healing classes by putting operatives in the garbage bin for healing. This is the only way for sorcs to even stand a chance against operatives at healing.

Have you ever played a healing op?

Also, there are some pretty amazing sorc healers out there. And just to let you now it's easiest to burst through op hots. And personally I have to say innervate is the best heal in the game. Not to mention sorcs can bubble and pull friendliest while ops can't do anything but heal for their teammates.

Edited by Ld-Siris

I think single OP/Scoundrel HoT aren't all that OP but when you stack 2 or 3 then it get's a little much. (Scoundrel lvl 55 here) and the problem isn't with single anything (sorc, commando, op) healing, it's the stacks that make it OP. There needs to be scaling on the number of stacks of heals that can be dished out. Diminishing returns. Edited by chosonman

I think single OP/Scoundrel HoT aren't all that OP but when you stack 2 or 3 then it get's a little much. (Scoundrel lvl 55 here) and the problem isn't with single anything (sorc, commando, op) healing, it's the stacks that make it OP. There needs to be scaling on the number of stacks of heals that can be dished out. Diminishing returns.

On the flip side of that logic I think there should be some kind of diminishing returns on stacked DPS. I mean how can a heals heal he is the focus all the time.

On the flip side of that logic I think there should be some kind of diminishing returns on stacked DPS. I mean how can a heals heal he is the focus all the time.

So basically you're saying you'd like to see everyone just nerf batting each other endlessly like pretty much what's happening right now?

So basically you're saying you'd like to see everyone just nerf batting each other endlessly like pretty much what's happening right now?

Nope what I'm saying is that each class has a role to play, and have certain strengths and weaknesses depending on those roles. 90% of the time people complain about nerf/buff is because either A) they don't know how to effectively play that role (ie face tanking sorcs) or B) they are basing off of a few lopsided WZs (ie four healers on one team and 3 tanks on the other). None of that is any type of basis to call for a nerf/buff to a class. At the moment the classes are pretty well balanced except for the madness assassin. As for op heals it heals of hots which take time to heal some one. They have stuns and and roles to stay mobile but the have no friendly damage mitigation like the sorc and merc heals. Different healing roles, different strengths.

A real problem is when too many healers/tanks are on a team (or worse, both teams), because then nothing can die. And PvP is progressed by people dying.

I've said it before, and I stand by this: there should be a cap on the number of healers and/or tanks that can show up on a team (1 healer + 1 tank for 4 man, 2 healers + 1 tank for 8 man).

A real problem is when too many healers/tanks are on a team (or worse, both teams), because then nothing can die. And PvP is progressed by people dying.

I've said it before, and I stand by this: there should be a cap on the number of healers and/or tanks that can show up on a team (1 healer + 1 tank for 4 man, 2 healers + 1 tank for 8 man).

Sounds like something the Waterboy would say...

The problem is the volumn of people queing and the roles those people at queing with. If you limit certain roles people can que with you will get people that won't get a pop. Which will further drive down the pvp population. Nothing in life is perfect and you will get those kinds of matches. Instead of people complaining about it and jumping straight to spec nerf/buff, people just need to accept it and move on. It's called adapt and overcoming. I've both won and lost in matches that there were too many healers. Make a stratagy. Rotate your nodes ahead of the enemy.

Seems to me a lot of players are more concerned with the final dmg output on the score board then playing objectively for the win. There is even stratagy to win ranked arenas believe it or not.

Edited by Ld-Siris

The problem with ops which is not there with mercs and to a lesser degree sorcs is their endless power supply for throwing out instant heals (incl hots). This is faceroll healing and should be changed. That said, the dps in this game are getting further buffs so the situation may change.

biggest problems with op healer:

1. What developer that isn't mentally challenged would make a STEALTH class also a healer? Can't think of any

2. Never runs out of resources, and hots are too good

3. too many escape tools

Underyling issues between healing vs tank vs DPS in this game:

1. Full DPS classes (Sniper/Mara) should be able to pressure and kill a healer/guarded target the easiest out of any class no matter the spec. Sniper is above and beyond this, and overpowered atm, Mara is below it (not enough CC resistance/reflect/immunity tools)

2. No huge healing debuff abilities in the game. Even if they are low duration and moderate cooldown, something like an ability that costs resources, does no damage, but reduces healing received on the target by 60%+ for 4s would even do wonders.

3. No Guard counter, or anti guard ability,. Needs to be one or 2 abilities almost make guard backlash, or make the damaged caused by the one who casted the guard even more penalized.

Edited by scylence

biggest problems with op healer:

1. What developer that isn't mentally challenged would make a STEALTH class also a healer? Can't think of any

I wonder how long it will take for you to realize theres also a STEALTH tank!!! THE HORROR!!!

Stealth for OP healer is not an issue... think about it for a sec. An Op starting off in stealth is not throwing out Hots... the only advantage that stealth gives them is that they wont be tunnel'd right off the back.

So, im sorry to say but OP aren't too OP (lol, pun intended!) as healers.